“VERY VERY POOR” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Ridgway, Colorado, United States
“VERY VERY POOR”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Silverton for our third anniversary. We wanted a nice steak dinner, we ordered the prime rib, not good at all, no flavor. Our server truly lived up to Grumpy's name, she is truly the sorriest server I think I have seen. We ordered an app. which we thought would come out before our meal, when our meal came and asked where our app. is she says oh thats right and walks away. A few moments later she brings the app. out and we never see her again. I do believe that was the first time we didn't leave a tip, sorry to say we even had to pay for such a bad experience. I am a server in Ridgway, Colo. and SO many people ask me when they get to Silverton where they should eat. I promise you one thing I will tell them of our experience of Grumpy's and hope no one else waste their money nor time at this place. Bad food, Bad service, Really bad experience

Visited June 2013

“Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I would save yourself some trouble and not eat here. Food was not good. Only positive was the atmosphere and piano music.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Starkville, Mississippi
“A Place of Character”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This bar and grill has great, fast service and a good lunch menu. A very interesting place complete with live music(piano). A neat place with very pleasant servers. I had to take one of the "classy" T shirts home too. A fun place to visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake City, FL
“Part of a great visit to Silverton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We visited Grumpy's on 5/19/13 around 11AM. What got our attention was the excellent rag time piano playing. Going in, there was an elderly gentleman near the front door that was playing the piano. I purchased one of his CD's. He can play anything you can name from the rag time era. We were seated by a friendly staff. There was a festive atmosphere. Of course being a saloon, there were two large portraits across from the bar that may prompt a young child to ask a parent (or grandparent) "what is that." So parents, prepare yourself for the question. The place was clean, service quick, above average food quality and prices were reasonable for a tourist town. The location in the old western town was convenient to the narrow gage rail road station that comes to town daily. It was an interesting day as there were snow squalls passing through town about every 30 minutes. I got a great T-shirt from the place. I was with my wife, and her sister with her husband. We visited several other town shops during the day and found some nice items which we purchased. We had a most enjoyable day.

Tip: Try to get be seated before the train arrives if possible. The place fills up quickly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
“Fun, convenient, and better value for dollar than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is one of the more convenient restaurants in Silverton for tourists who have ridden the narrow-gauge railroad up from Durango and don't have tons of time before re-boarding for the return trip. Like many places in Silverton, it tries to give an old-time mining-town vibe, but unlike most, it actually succeeds -- the honky-tonk piano adds just enough color to be enjoyable, without being obtrusive. The lunch menu is generally conventional. We were both in the mood for something light, and had French onion soup rather than the vast piles of food we saw being served at other tables. This worked decently; I wouldn't put it in the "famous" category that they tout for the dish, but it was entirely adequate, and the price was surprisingly reasonable given that Silverton as a whole tends to be expensive. Service was excellent, attentive without being pushy. On the whole I recommend this place unreservedly.

• Visited April 2013