“great fresh beer and grub in the mountains!” 5 of 5 stars

970-387-5033
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Denver, Colorado
“great fresh beer and grub in the mountains!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

While in Silverton over the weekend we stopped in to try local beer made at the Silverton Brewery. I especially liked the seasonal Kendal Mountain Kolsch, it was crisp and cold and very refreshing. It tasted fantastic after a day of hiking in the mountains. I also recommend the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich it was very tasty! The service was friendly and we enjoyed visiting the small brewery. I would definitely say it’s the best place for great fresh beer and grub in the mountains!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Durango
“Best place to get a good brew and a burger.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Plan to chat and enjoy the ombiance. The staff will do their best to make you happy. The service is top notch and most friendly. If you have children they might enjoy being with you. I would not bring in children during their busy hours as they might run into customers or the tables.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great beer, but service not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The beers were great, but the food was about what you would expect, nothing to write home about. The restaurant had a nice open feel and a good atmosphere with bluegrass music playing. The only thing we didn’t like was that the waiter seemed to really be mentally overloaded even when writing down our small order of two meals. The food came out correct but I had to ask twice for my second beer before it clicked in his head that I wanted one more drink. I felt bad that the guy was not really all there but just wanted better service. The service was not great but the beer was so maybe we will return?

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Don't go if you're hungry”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

The beer is good, but the food I had was horrible. A simple patty melt was destroyed before my very eyes: plain white sandwich bread instead of rye, a thin beef patty that couldn't have weighed more than 2 oz, barely enough fried onion for one bite, No cheese, and weak fries.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“It was like Heaven in a glass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I have drunk my share of beer in my lifetime. I have never had beer so good as what I drank yesterday at the Silverton Brewery. I had this Gold Mine Lager. It was delicious. I also had the best bratwurst ever, hands down. They make their sauerkraut form scratch. Who does that? Thought I died and gone to heaven! All in all a really great experience. I'll go there again the next time I'm in Silverton.

• 5 of 5 stars Food