“good deal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Silverthorne
ny
“good deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Its not a five star luxury resort, but for the money its the best deal around - with a hot tub! Just a few minutes away from the ski resorts and outlets. Deal cant be beat! There are also a few good restaurants around and a pub you can walk to...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Summit County, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We try to be one of the best deals in town and always try to keep updating our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Amarillo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I booked my trip, all of the other hotels were full; therefore I had to go with this one. I eneded up leaving a day early because the room was never tended to and the hotel staff was very inconsiderate. When I checked in, and received my room key I was told that I could park in an empty garage if one was available or I could park on the side of the building. All of the garages were full of various items so I parked on the side of the building.

When I reached the door I noticed that the lock was broken and that anyone could enter. My room was on the second floor, first room on the left when you entered from the stairwell. When I opened the door, the room immediately smelled dirty. As I walked in I saw that there were holes in the walls, a burn hole in a lampshade, & grime all over the tables. I continued to look throughout the room, and found that the bathroom door was broken and it also had a large hole on the bathroom side. The stopper to the tub was broken, and the toilet ran constantly.

That evening when I turned the sheets down I saw dried blood on the sheets. I called down to the front dest to ask if someone could change the sheets. I was told that they were extremely busy, and they would get to it as soon as they could. I decided to go to the front desk myself to pick up some sheets. I was tired and I wanted to go to bed. When I reached the front desk there was nobody there but the girl that answered the phone. She was sitting in a chair texting.

The next morning, the tv quit working. I called the front desk to let them know. They sent a man to the room that didn't speak English. I was unable to communicate with him to let him know what was going on. He was unable to fix the tv, and left the room.

After two more days of horrible service and a dirty room, I left. I went to the front desk to notify them that I was leaving a day early. When I checked in, I paid with cash. I asked for a refund for the night that I wouldn't be staying. I was told that they do not give cash refunds but they could give me a credit for a nights stay with them. I told them I didn't want a credit. I wanted my money back. I still have not received a refund of my money and it has been six months.

The worst part of it all is coming in in the evenings to a hotel that smelled like pot. I inquired about changing rooms and was told there were none available, and that I would have to stay in my current room. I ended up opening the windows and turning the heat up so that I would stay warm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay here. Please give us a call if you feel that you are owed a refund. We usually do not charge guests until they check out.
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Don't be fooled by the exterior appearance of this establishment. There has been some remodeling and painting, but the rooms are definitely "low budget". The heater in the room was very loud and never turned off all night long. It ran the fan even when it wasn't heating. The toilet handle broke on the first flush and we spent the remainder of our stay pulling up in the tank on the plunger to flush. The shower curtain rod was mounted at an angle so the curtain pulled away from the edge of the tub exposing the shower area to cold air and outside the shower to water escaping from the shower. These items were all minor, but together made it obvious why our rate was the cheapest we could find.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Summit County, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Rhonda H,
Thank you for your input. I am sorry that you had some issues during your stay. We have since fixed some of these issues. The air conditioner/heater unit is only about 1 to 2 years old, therefore it was just recently replaced. We try to be one the the most affordable places in this area, therefore we do lack the funds to update certain things, but we continue to update as much as we can every year.
Frederick, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just stayed here last weekend for a ski trip, the hot tub is awesome after along day on the slopes! They also have a a little kiddy pool you can go to for cooling off. We will stay here again, due to the location, and price....

Room Tip: Don't stay in 201! It's next to the elevator and you can hear it run ALL night long...