“Christmas ski trip” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Silverthorne
Nashville
“Christmas ski trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed during Christmas week, and understandably the rates are higher. However I still expect fairness and good business decorum from any property that I do business with. And in this case, repeat business. While waiting to check in on 12/24, heard the clerk quote a rate on the phone for that night at $95. I had reserved over 1 month in advance and paid an average of nearly $160 per night for 5 nights. I've worked in the travel industry previously and fully understand how many aspects work. I realize hotels will reduce rates, especially for that same night, to fill occupancy. What I don't expect, or understand, is how they can offer a price at 65% of what I paid in advance. I'm fine with 10 or 15% off, but not 35%. So naturally I asked upon checkin, to at least get that same rate for the 24th. I was given numerous excuses, and after several minutes of the runaround, a young lady with a nose ring and terrible tattoos/makeup offered a AAA 10% discount. Nothing personal about the appearance, I'm very familiar with the resort areas and the folks that work there, just far from anything close to a look I'd want working for me. Edgy is one thing, a freak show is another. At least it was some discount, and I should have pressed more, but I still paid $145 for that night they just gave out for $95. Not good business practice. They are essentially discouraging people from doing what they prefer, reserving in advance. Once an employee offers a rate, they're obligated to be consistent and offer that same rate if asked. Other than this unfortunate incident, the property is ok. Hot tub was way too hot and left red marks, breakfast is slightly better than average. They do offer something a little different each day so that's good. Nice location and if you know backs roads, easy to navigate even if ski traffic is nuts.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Although we appreciate you taking the time to write your review I find it important to note that I did thorough research on your allegations. The price that you heard quoted was for a February date, not Christmas week. There is a difference in demand and market during that time of year. I'm sorry we did not clarify that for you at the time of your reservation.

As far as your comments regarding staff appearance, it is unfortunate that you felt the way you expressed. However, the guest services agent you are referring to is a dedicated and strong employee that has received many commendations from other guests and has in no way offended anyone.

We apologize that you felt we did not meet your expectations but hope you will consider the facts of the situation you described from our perception. Thank you again for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We went snowboarding at Copper and didn't want to drive back the same night so I purchased this hotel using some of my credit card points. I wasnt expecting anything special. The lobby and entrance is a little outdated. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. They put us in the Silverthorne Suite, which was jacuzzi suite. It was the perfect room after a long day snowboarding!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your compliments. We are glad you enjoyed the Silverthorne suite, it is definitely a favorite. We are continually working to update the property and hope you stop by next time to see the changes. By the way, the snowfall is great right now, come on back soon!
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a sudden need for a block of rooms for an event. The inn was great in making sure our group was together and had what we needed. We were all welcomed as the group and made to feel at home.

The only flaw - no protien available at breakfast and the coffee cups are too small.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow - most of my group complained that they were not very comfortable and they are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I'm so glad we were able to accommodate your group to your liking. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We take comments seriously and use them to continually improve our property and team efforts.

You mentioned a lack of protein at breakfast. We have tried to provide the most frequently requested items which include both hard boiled and scrambed eggs and sausage patties. We also have yogurt. Although we do not have extensive protein options we are providing a few. We will be offering different items daily to rotate the selections beginning this season. I hope next time you stay, you are able to try new offerings.

Thanks again for your comments.
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here one night for a conference in Breckenridge. Bought on priceline express for $35 night. Took about 15 min to drive to breck from here. The bed was very comfortable but the room and decor was older and slightly shabby. There was a very nice breakfast with hardboiled eggs, waffles, toast, bagels oatmeal instant and some cereal. fruit. dannon yogurt not gluten free. I shared my october breakfast with lots of men going hunting before dawn. The coffee was good. Shower and towels adequate. Good for one or two night stay. The room was large with a sleeper sofa and chairs and table. Lights were not that bright for reading.Fake fireplace and jacuzzi was huge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. We are an excellent location when visiting Summit County. It is Colorado's playground rightfully. You noted several of our attractions and there are more! There are 5 ski areas within 1/2 hour which makes us a great ski location. We are home to every type of outdoor activity you can think of. You can even surf on Dillon lake in the summer. (wind surfing of course)
You mentioned older decor, we have updated several items and continue to do so. Of course this is an ongoing process. However, our housekeeping staff is second to none so we always provide a comfortable room.
The rate you quoted is based on demand and is certainly not a static price. It always recommended to call the hotel directly at 970-513-1222 to obtain the best rate and chances for upgrades are always a possibility, also based on demand.
Thanks again for your time and we hope to see you again!
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was highly pleased with these accommodations. The man at the front desk was the same one I had spoken to for days prior to our trip. Not only was he very polite & friendly during every call but when we arrived he had not only found a way to meet our needs, but exceeded them. We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite & enjoyed the room so much we were just as excited to get back to the room as we were to go explore the town. The breakfast options were average but it was still better than some places that only offer cold cereal & pastries. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Not sure what the rest of the rooms are like, but I loved 113!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sharing your response with the team and want to thank you for taking your time to post your comments. Your comments are quite rewarding to us all here in beautiful Silverthorne, CO. Please do come back and always check our site for specials. Summit County hosts great events and festivals year round. There is never a lack of things to do and sites to see and we are always available to assist you with your planning.
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here recently while on vacation and loved it! They have a great breakfast in the morning and spacious rooms. The bed was super comfy and very clean! It's also very close to the outlet mall for some great shopping! We will stay here again the next time we travel trhough Colorado! Great value and very friendly staff!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We appreciate your compliments and your review will be shared with our team.

You noticed the new mattresses and expanded breakfast. We just upgraded this last season and hope as we continually upgrade and improve you are able to come back through and stay with us again.

Our staff of many years will be hear with a smile to welcome you back!

Thank you.
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to an elk hunt and we were very pleased with the hotel. It was located right off of 70 at the Silverthorne outlet mall - which was great for some shopping. Also it was very close to great restaurants and the hotel was very clean. Our room had a king bed with a sitting area next to the bed (a love seat and desk). The rooms also have a microwave and small frigerator which would be great for a longer visit. The breakfast which comes free with your room was very good for a continental breakfast (had eggs, cooked and boiled, yogurt, cereals, breads, fruit, oatmeal/grits, biscuits and sausage and several juice options. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
The shopping mall is a wonderful outing when you stay with us in Silverthorne. I'm glad you enjoyed it to the fullest.

Thank you for the compliments. I look forward to sharing with the whole staff.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!