“Great hotel location and value!!” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Silverthorne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great hotel location and value!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to an elk hunt and we were very pleased with the hotel. It was located right off of 70 at the Silverthorne outlet mall - which was great for some shopping. Also it was very close to great restaurants and the hotel was very clean. Our room had a king bed with a sitting area next to the bed (a love seat and desk). The rooms also have a microwave and small frigerator which would be great for a longer visit. The breakfast which comes free with your room was very good for a continental breakfast (had eggs, cooked and boiled, yogurt, cereals, breads, fruit, oatmeal/grits, biscuits and sausage and several juice options. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
The shopping mall is a wonderful outing when you stay with us in Silverthorne. I'm glad you enjoyed it to the fullest.

Thank you for the compliments. I look forward to sharing with the whole staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Warrenville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were very happy with this hotel for the price we paid ($60). We had a basic room on the first floor (no balcony), but it looked like the upper floors might have been more "special". But, we were just staying one night passing through so the basic room was just fine! It had a couch area, and king bed and overall was fairly spacious; it also had a refrigerator and microwave. Everything was clean. We did use the hot-tub and pool (the pool was not very large). The breakfast in the morning was basic, but enough to get us moving. In the evening, we walked over to the restaurant at the La Quinta (Old Chicago) which was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you stayed with us and shared your compliments. Please check back with us next time you are in town and we will be happy to show you all of the room types we have available. We have family suites with bunk beds, hot tub suites, kitchenettes and a honeymoon suite. Although the pool isn't huge we do have both the indoor and outdoor hot tub to offer. There is also a recretion center within walking distance that has a large pool with slides and tons of other activities for the whole family.
new orleans, louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Booked on Travelocity (no name until after purchase). Only forty dollars a night. Five night stay. The place is adequate. Nothing more, nothing less. Great location in Silverthorne. Close to everything that area has to offer. No complaints. The view from the hotel is incredible, but there are incredible view anywhere you are. I am a travel writer and notified the GM, before my arrival that I wanted to include the hotel in my article. Said he would help, but no follow through. Hence, he did not get a rave review in a magazine that has 3 million subscribers. He and his employers loss. I asked for an upgrade when I wrote the GM about my arrival and said I would be happy to pay extra, no one even asked me if I would like to upgrade at checkin. Too bad I was on the company's dime. Did I say great location. Central to Lake Dillon, Breckenridge, Vail, Copper MTN......

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
I was pleased you rated your stay as good overall and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Yes, we are fortunate in that it surrounds us in every direction. I am sorry to hear you felt you were not treated as you should have been. The whole staff is dedicated to this hotel and most have been there for several years. Each will be concerned as I pass this review on to them for their consideration. I'm sure I speak for everyone on property when I say we would like another opportunity to wow you. If you should chose to come back please let me know. The main suite looks out towards Buffalo mountain and the Gore Range and has breathtaking sunsets as you sit on the western facing balcony. You can even enjoy it from the hot tub facing the balcony and fireplace. You can call the hotel directly and speak with Paul to check the availability. Thank you for bringing your thoughts to our attention and happy travels!
Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

From looking at past reviews it looks like this hotel did a lot of remodeling. Nice bedding and the room is quiet. It is a perfect location and the breakfast was decent and constantly cleaned and refilled. We would be happy to stay here again except when we arrived the room we reserved was no longer available even though we reserved it months ago. We needed a specific type room so our toddlers could be nears us,but sleep in a connecting part of the room. Fortunately the night staff was able to move things around and get us in a room that worked,but we can not always can't on that. The manager the next day said that is the policy of the hotel that can't guarantee the room you reserve. I plan on contacting Choice hotels to look into this. My reservation confirmation said nothing about this and neither does the website. Dissapointed.

Room Tip: Be careful when reserving room with connecting bunk beds.The room with the bunk beds we had was like...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Guntown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

we were only stopping for one night here and picked this motel because of the Tripadvisor ratings...it was very adequate for our needs and have no problem recommending..is in good location, and readily accessible.

Room Tip: does not have fan setting on heating/ac which was all we needed
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

As with all my reviews, I look at cleanliness and comfort first and this hotel was both. I was very satisfied with our room. It was big, clean, had a microwave & refrigerator (I don't concern myself with "decor"). Breakfast was fully stocked with the "usuals" even though we didn't get there until 8:30. All staff members were very friendly and helpful. My sister said she wished she had booked there instead of a competitor in Frisco, which had no breakfast & was $108. We paid around $75-80 w/tax for the room and were not that far from Breckenridge. The internet was better in the lobby but VERY slow in our room, which is a negative as we use our laptops & iPhones.

Room Tip: If you like to shop, this hotel was near several outlet stores. Breckenridge and Frisco were fairly...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Del Rio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here with my family for 6 nights last month and had a great time. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite with a sofa bed in the living area and king bed in the bedroom. There's a small balcony to enjoy the view of the mountains. It's not directly off I-70 so there's not a lot of traffic, but it was a little tricky to get to the first time. When you exit I-70 and turn onto Blue River Parkway, turn right at Rainbow Dr., then right on Silverthorne Ln. I just say this because you can see it from the highway but then (especially in inclement weather) it can be easy to miss. The only recommendation about the hotel itself is to request a top-floor room. It can get pretty loud, especially if kids are in the room above you. Other than that, it was a great stay. All the staff was very courteous. Our car's brakes gave out during our stay, and a front desk staff member recommended a small garage down the street that was able to take care of us in a couple of hours. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Silverthorne!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!