“Pretty nice. Would stay again.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Silverthorne
Colorado
“Pretty nice. Would stay again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed one night with our kids (4 and 7) and my parents. Check-in was super fast, and we got our rooms next to each other as requested when our reservations were made. The pool was very nice with warm water and a gorgeous view of the mountains. Breakfast was very good, too, especially for free! Our only complaint was a bit of an odor on the bedding, we're thinking because of smoke although our room was non-smoking, and the rest of the room was odor-free.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband, 10 year old son and myself stayed one night as we were passing through Silverthorne. While the hotel is older, it was clean. The room was nice, basic, and again it was clean. The indoor pool was nice. The hotel is close to everything. The factory outlet shops, bike paths, etc. The front desk personal were very nice, helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chino Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed here on our way from Arizona to South Dakota. We checked in, and the man behind the counter was friendly. We got to our room and within 5 minutes the toliet overflowed (maybe because of my 3 year old!) :-). I went back out to ask for a mop and the guy behind the counter gave us another room. Both rooms were clean and nice. The pool was good to swim in. The breakfast had a good variety and was filling. The hotel was close to the freeway (but we didn't get bothered by the noise) and to the outlets. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Returning to Summit County for my 5th longer skiing vacation I decided to try this property. On all previous ocassions I stayed at Comfort Suites on the other side of I-70. The room was generally OK, the matress was somewhat run down, the TV old and not in best condition, the housekeeping inconsistent. The property also had some minor issues: problem with lack of parking, lack of staff which had a hard time keeping up with front desk duties and taking care of the breakfast area in the morning. But my main complaint is they were having constant issues with lack of hot water. When I checked-in I was explained their boiler is not working to full capacity and that the problem would be fixed the next day. It wasn't. It took another 8 days taking showers with merely luke-warm (if at all) water, before the problem seemed to finally be fixed. When paying over 100 dolars a night the least what I expect from a hotel is to provide me with hot water. The management failed to communicate anything to the guests, did not offer an apology or lower the rate for this. So next year I guess I will be returning back across the Interstate.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are much quieter.
Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Highlands Ranch, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Nicer than expected with a good, clean bed. Hot tub was nice but a little icey be careful when you get in.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

We spent 2 nights here to take in the snow sculptures in Breckenridge. Motel was full both nights and seemingly had only 1 staff on duty in the evening?? Front desk staff was never there. Pool towels were not restocked timely, etc. When staff was located they were working hard. Room was average in maintenance and good in housekeeping. Breakfast area is small, but was kept stocked at all times both mornings despite the hungry skiers. You can tell the rooms see heavy use and the carpets see heavy doses of dirt - given that it's ski season that all was OK. I was surprised they were as clean as they were! Obviously they try, but the staffing (lack of) in the evening was odd. Beds appear well used, not the best I've had in a Quality Inn. Bed linen and towels were quite new. Nice outdoor hot tub and close to everything in Silverthorne and surrounding areas.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Our family stayed here on one of our many ski trips last year. The rooms are nice and spacious. The pool was "okay"--not super clean but not the dirtiest I have seen in hotels before either. The hot tub was nice. Our room was clean beds were comfortable. My main complaint is the size of the breakfast area. You cannot tell by the pictures, but it is very small and cramped and during ski season the entire area is full and it's hard to even walk around to get food. They really need to consider a remodel on this area. In all, it was still a decent hotel for a ski vacation, but I would not recommend it if you are looking for something slightly more luxurious and with a nice breakfast area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!