I found this hotel on the dogfriendly.com website and although I hadn't necessarily been looking for an oceanfront property, the great reviews and price convinced me to give it a try. When we drove up, I thought it reminded me of the kinds of places I used to stay in Ocean City, MD back in the 80's, and I expected the interior to be a bit outdated but hopefully clean. When I was walked upstairs to the room (after I declined the offer to help carry my bags up to the second floor), I was BLOWN AWAY by how beautiful the interior was. New tile floors, beautiful granite-style Corian countertops in the kitchenette and small table, and lovely white furnishings in the bed area. I would never have known a pet had ever been in this room before. The view from the small balcony was wonderful, and I appreciated the fact that the balconies were staggered so that the people next to us were not actually in sight - their balcony was behind ours and to the left. We left the window open and slept to the sound of the waves...ahhhhhhhhhh.
We were given a list of pet-friendly restaurants and attractions, and when I went to the front desk for ice and tableware, they were carried upstairs for me with a smile. The continental breakfast is just that - continental (bagels, pastries, oatmeal, etc. and some yogurt.) I try to keep away from too many refined carbs and I already had yogurt in the fridge in my room so I didn't have much of the breakfast, but the oatmeal hit the spot and the coffee was good. My only disappointment was that this was the last night of a 10-day road trip across Florida, and I felt like we didn't fully take advantage of all the location had to offer because we were pretty worn out, but we did get in two nice walks with our dog on the beach and a lovely casual dinner at 180 Vilano Grill (without the pup.)
I usually fly to West Palm to see my mom once or twice a year, but next time I may have to drive just so I can make a side-trip back to the St, Augustine Beach House with my sons, who were not with me this trip. Hubby, puppy, and I had a wonderful (and too brief) stay, and do hope to be back soon!
- Also Known As:
- The Saint Augustine Beach House Hotel Saint Augustine
- The Saint Augustine Beach House Hotel
- Ocean Blue Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the Atlantic from your oceanfront balcony. Hotel features 16 pet friendly, newly remodeled guest rooms with kitchenette. Ideal location just 5 minutes from historic downtown Saint Augustine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Saint Augustine Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.