“Quirky, Clean, Close to The Ocean and Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Beach Motel

You added Magic Beach Motel to your Saves list
Magic Beach Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   50 Vilano Road, Vilano Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32095   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Vilano Beach
Merritt Island, Florida
“Quirky, Clean, Close to The Ocean and Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

It is reasonably priced for the area, clean, super close to the beach and within walking distance to grocery store, hair and nail salons, restaurants and more. Although we didn't have a view of the ocean, it was still a nice place to stay. The little kitchenette was handy and the continental breakfast was good to get us kick started. The receptionist was nice and helpful. We secured two rooms on Valentine weekend. We opted for the two room suites. One for my husband and I and one for my niece, her husband and baby boy. Recommended by us and we would go back again :)

Room Tip: Not all the rooms are ocean view. Specify when making a reservation.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This motel is very unique, I love it. . It is a 2 minute walk to the beach. I have stayed there 3 times now. Twice on business and once with two teens. The rooms are clean and have all the amenities that you need. I even had a full kitchen. The staff is the best, they make you feel like family and very welcome. I suggest you give them a try. They are just a drive over the bridge to the Historic area where all of your attractions are. They are right on the beach and there is a Publix and a good amount of great restaurants all within walking distance. The price and value can't be beat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time in the Saint Augustine area and as most others I had to depend on either "word of mouth" or the reviews from Tripadvisor. I was glad I followed the reviews on the Magic Beach Hotel. It was very clean, just off the beach within a short walking distance and I was fortunate enough to have a view of the ocean. Ample free parking around the site made it convenient compared to parking in Saint Augustine that was at least $10 each time you wanted to park your car. A Publix shopping market was two blocks away. I would gladly revisit this motel in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Vilano Beach is expensive. It rides on the back of the St Augustine hype, which is way overrated. BUT, this little motel is like an oasis, in that it offers proximity, charm, and yes, glitz! I mean that in the most basic terms, which equates to neon lights and VERY bright colors inside and out. As other reviews mention, it is almost on the beach, backs onto Publix supermarket, is totally kitsch, but simultaneously cute. I could have used my points to pay $260 per night at the Hampton across the street, but this cost half that, and did a great job. Does the room smell of salt air? Sure. Is it clean and utilitarian? Indubitably. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Would I go to Beaches Restaurant? Hell no.. A lovely motel, clean, lean, but not mean, with happy staff who offer value wth a genuine smile and make me think of going back already! Good job guys!

Room Tip: Stay here and be willing to drive or get a taxi into St Augustine. Or ride a bike. Or use Publix...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Magic Beach Motel is a budget-priced "retro" experience that my wife and I enjoyed. Our room came with a King bed, TV, a fully tiled bath with a comfortable shower, a kitchenette with stove, microwave,refrigerator, sink, dishes, and cutlery, and a somewhat complex heating/cooling unit. The location is great - near a beach, two blocks from a Publix Supermarket, and across a bridge from the hustle and bustle of Saint Augustine. The staff were very helpful and the property was clean and well maintained. You can experience the atmosphere of a 1960's motel with all the modern conveniences. The high speed WiFi downloaded at about twice the speed of my DSL at home.The continental breakfast was adequate and free of charge. What's not to like!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jasper, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were on our way back from Orlando headed home and my grandson wanted me to take him to the beach. We found this little place on tripadvisor and thought we would give it a shot. It is walking distance to the beach so that was a plus. It is a little place that makes you feel like you have stepped back in time. Even though it is older it is very clean. Our room was very small but it had everything we needed in it. We had a king bed and it slept very good. When making the reservation the young lady I spoke with was very informative about the place. She had told me about the pool and if it was too cool they could heat it since she knew we had a child with us. He was just a week out after having surgery so we didn't get to use the pool but it looked nice. We left early that next morning so we didn't get to have breakfast so can't give any input there. My daughter loved the placed because it was so cozy and like I said you kinda felt like you were in a older movie you see on t.v.. If you are looking for all the bells and whistles of a top notch hotel you might want to look for something else. If you are looking for comfort and cozy I don't think you would be disappointed staying here. If we ever have a chance to come back we would stay here again.

Room Tip: There was a room next to ours that had a door on our side of the building and a door on the other si...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there last July with my daughter and grand daughter. Was excited about returning and was able to stay the entire week. The weather did not cooperate, but it was a great stay just the same. Hopefully I will have the chance to return!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Magic Beach Motel? Share your experiences!