“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed here for a ladies retreat/conference. As a self proclaimed bed snob, I can honestly say that my bed was VERY comfortable and I had an excellent night's sleep. The hotel was very nice. The breakfast "buffet" provided by the hotel was an unexpected, nice surprise! I would love to stay here again and I'm kind of picky about hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
ateems, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Dear swain_julie,
We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments on our beds and our breakfast; we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a comfortable, welcoming place for our guests while they are in town. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the very near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

It is my 5th stay at this hotel and I like location on the beach and the very nice staff of hotel. If you look for a quiet place a little bit away from town center and restaurants it is really nice. You can see dolphins swimming in the morning in front of hotel beach. Breakfast is wonderful due to Reggie, who takes care about every guest. And also the other staff is very kind. Only problem is, that rooms have are not clean. Balcony is really dirty, not has been cleaned since weeks. Also bathroom and shower got a lot of things from guest who stayed before. I asked for better cleaning service, but nothing happened. I think there are too less people who care about rooms. Would be perfect, if this one topic could be solved by manager and I would get again 5 stars by me.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
ateems, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Dear Tara134,
I am so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience in our rooms. Please accept our deepest appologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. We hope that when you return in the future, we can make up for our shortcomings during your most recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in town.
Adairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

This Hampton Inn is without a doubt one of the nicest one's we've ever stayed in. If you're looking for somewhere to stay in St. Augustine, I highly recommend. It's on Vilano beach, about 2 miles from downtown, and maybe 3 or 4 miles from St. Augustine beach. My wife and I were looking for a quiet get away and certainly found it here. Its in a secluded area where you feel like you have the beach almost to yourself. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. The free breakfast in the morning was great too and the host Reggie really knows how to get you in a good mood for the day. If ever back in St. Augustine, I really can't see staying anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear jj2517,
Thank you for your generous praise of our hotel. We are so pleased that you found our facilities to be a quiet getaway. We are excited to be able to provide a great place for our guests to be able to enjoy both the beach at Vilano and St. Augustine's charming downtown. Please let us know when you will be in town next and we would love to have you stay at Hampton Vilano again!
Sebastian, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, I travel frequently within the course of my job and I primarily stay at Hilton or Marriott properties. This particular Hampton is in a very quiet location right off the beach. The beach in fact is a parking lot away. There are about 4 levels to the hotel and the rooms with an ocean view are extremely limited. I stayed here for the quiet vs the ocean view so this was not a problem.

My room was the typical Hampton room and was very comfortable. There was a sofa and sitting area, a desk, fridge and microwave and coffee pot. Although it was comfy, I questioned the cleanliness of the room because when I was in the shower and looked down I saw clumps of long hair on the interior of the shower curtain; that was a bit bothersome but not as much as what happened later. My room had a porch with 2 chairs and a small table and it overlooked the road. It was a quiet street so I did not mind being on ground level. What I did mind were the surrounding buildings, many of which were not in great condition. I read about a towne center but there was none. I did not see any restaurants within walking distance and the staff provided recommendations which were about 4 miles up the beach. The staff recommendations were right on target and they were very pleasant and helpful when I asked about restaurants. When I returned, there were several tables of folks enjoying freshly made cookies in the lobby with fresh coffee and several other small groups were outdoors in the jacuzzi.

In the morning I had an average breakfast but the English gentleman working there made breakfast a tad better. When I returned to my room for my purse and luggage I saw movement in my purse which caused me to empty it on the bed. A roach, not a palmetto bug, came out. There was another on the other side of the bed. I killed one and left it there so that they could see that there was a problem in the room. When I informed the front desk, they apologized and said that they would let the manager know. I advised them that I could be contacted on my cell at any time but they chose not to contact me.

Because of the lack of concern for this issue, I would not return. The indifference told me something about the hotel. Upon my return home I was hesitant to bring my luggage into my home and left it in the garage for a day. This is not the type of lodging experience I choose to experience again. Insects can be a nuisance at any hotel, but this was a first for a Hilton property for me. I am a clean freak at home and everyone I go and don't wish to go thru this again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Sebastian_FLBillmar,
We are deeply sorry that we were not able to provide you with a better stay at our hotel. Thank you very much for your comments; and I assure you we are taking your observations of our facilities very seriously. We would truly appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us again so that we may rectify our shortcomings during your last visit. If you wish to speak with one of our staff regarding a future reservation or if you have any additional points of concern you would like to share with us, please call us directly at 904-827-9797.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

The St. Augustine-Vilano Beach location was excellent for our group of 16 friends. The rooms were clean, pleasant, and had excellent views of the ocean from our beach-front rooms. The sales manager, Tina Klinkenberg, helped tremendously with arrangement for our pre-dinner gatherings providing ice, a large cooler, and any other party items were not able to bring with us (we brought our own libations and canapes!). The room was cleaned and resupplied at the times we asked. The General Manager, Ken Darkes, will receive a copy of the personal letter of thanks I have sent Tina.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
ateems, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
Dear aucs,
Thank you for your gracious praise of our hotel. Our Sales Director, Tina, is a very special member of our team here at Hampton Vilano. She embodies hospitality and truly has a heart to serve our guests. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting your group again soon.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

My friend and I went with a group of about 25 woman and stayed for the weekend. The rooms were beautiful, big, and very comfortable. The beds were cozy; the rooms spacious; and the small little kitchenette area was such a nice convenience. The lobby/breakfast area and back patio were also nice and relaxing to just hang out in. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. Having the beach right there was so nice and the sunrises were beautiful! I would love to go back again and take my family.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
ateems, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2010
Dear buchansinperu,
Thank you for your glowing recommendation of our hotel. We are always excited to hear about our guests' experiences here at Hampton Vilano. And thank you for including those wonderful pictures of the gorgeous sunrises that we get to enjoy each day. That is a treat that we are grateful we have the opportunity to share with our guests.
Green Cove Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

We held our ladies retreat here this past weekend and it was amazing. In my 10yrs of planning yearly retreatsI have never worked with a better staff. Every detail was attended to perfectly and the staff was amazing. Tina, Gennean, Janos, Pirosica, Chad, Richard, Amanda, Anna, Bob, and Ken...THANK YOU!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
ateems, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach, responded to this review, September 18, 2010
Dear homelori,
You ladies have been so kind with your wonderful words about our hotel. We are absolutely thrilled that you all had a great visit with us and we welcome you and your friends any time you are in town. Please give us a call anytime we might be able to help you with your next visit to St. Augustine.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach? Share your experiences!