“Nice Place but BEWARE it is a "GREEN" hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vilano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gainesville, Florida
“Nice Place but BEWARE it is a "GREEN" hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a nice and clean place.Friendly staff.You must be informed that they are a green hotel.That means that your room is full of sensors....spooky? ! So when you leave,the A/C shuts off.....so you come back to a hot and stuffy room.It takes about 1 hour to cool down and I was there in Oct...hate to imagine Aug. or Jul.
When you are paying "TOP DOLLAR" it is rude to shut off the utilities without warning the guest BEFORE they book.The majority of the housekeeping staff is Hungarian,they were all very,very nice
I went to CVS and bought a fan to cool the room.Everything else was great.However,in Florida good A/C is a must...and when you go on a vacation,you PAY to be pamered.Find a better place,but do your research.

Room Tip: A/C shuts off frequenlty when It does not dectect motion.Find a better hotel.Too expensive to be pla...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Joey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear TravelSmart3237,

Thank you for your stay with us and your review of our property. We apologize for any inconvenience that our climate controls may have caused. We do have the ability to deactivate this feature upon request. We would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again and will make sure we bypass this feature for your stay.

Joey M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had booked a weekend stay using our Hilton Honors points for our wedding anniversary and were granted an upgrade to a suite overlooking the ocean, which was great! This is a great Hampton, the staff are so friendly and willing to please - a special mention to Reggie,such an asset to the hotel. Rooms are comfortable and exceptionally clean. We were able to get taxis into town at night without too many problems. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would recommend without hesitation.

Dear TravellerSouthport,

Congratulations again on your anniversary! We were honored to be a part of such a special occasion and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you with us again whether it's to celebrate or just to get away and relax.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were satisfied. If you want to escape the St Augustine crowd during your stay and be a one minute walk to the beach, this is your hotel. A brand new Publix Supermarket is right across the street, along with a pizzeria. Lots of parking. I was initially disappointed by the sight of breakfast, but everything turned out to be delicious - including the coffee! Staff was very considerate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator. Doors were not sound proof, we used a fan that we had brought...
Dear Dan G,

Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your recent visit to St. Augustine! We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our amenities were to your liking.

We hope to have you as our guest again very soon!

Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed during Labor Day weekend and will be staying again. On our prior trip to St. Augustine we stayed at tripadvisor's #1 hotel. While that hotel was great this hotel did not have pets and had a far better breakfast. We truly felt like it was a littl resort. The chairs in the courtyard were prect for relaxing after a long day of sight seeing. Hyper mom me fell asleep while waiting for the afternoon cookies. I highly recomend this hotel and am surprised it is not in the top 5.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear delvescovo m,

We were honored to have you and your family as our guests! Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad to know that you were able to unwind and relax at our property.

We look forward to having you and your family as our guests again very soon!

Tampa FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at this particular Hampton Inn multiple times and it is our favorite in St Augustine.
The staff is exceptionally helpful and courteous, even when it was the busy check-in time. The grounds are soothing and welcoming with lots of lush greenery surrounding you. Breakfasts are generous and varied. Makes us always wish we were there for one extra day.
While it is not actually ON the beach, it is only a 3 minute walk. And a short and easy walk to a grocery store across the street. There are a few little restaurants nearby, but you do have to drive to the many wonderful restaurants in the historic area.

Room Tip: The 2 room suites were perfect for those traveling with kids and needing 2 TV's.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear TampaFLRuthy,

Thank you for choosing our property during your recent visit to St. Augustine. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and that you found our location convenient to all that our area has to offer.

We'll have your 2-room suite ready for your next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is our favorite hotel. We stayed five nights and wanted to stay longer. Happy and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean. The breakfast has everything you could want. There is a popcorn machine for the kids and cookies in the evening. They also have orange infused water which is very refreshing after a day at the beach.
This was our second stay here and wont even think of staying anywhere else. The beach is a few steps away as is a publix grocery and restaurants.
This is obviously a well managed hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear taylo444,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your review of our property. We are honored to be your favorite hotel!

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have always wanted to try this Hampton Inn as we come to St. Aug quite frequently, since we live in Orlando. Hilton hotels are the only ones we ever stay with, and I was completely disappointed in our room here. I was surprised, as I had read all of the great reviews here on T.A. From the very second we walked in the room, it smelled liked someone sprayed an entire can of Febreeze in the room, so my allergies and asthma started bothering me. It smelled like a dog or someone with very smelly feet had been in the room, and they were trying to mask it. We had a horrible view of the hotel across the street with their BRIGHT neon strips all the way across it, so I had to clip our curtains closed with my hair barrettes. The lady at the front desk acted like I was a little nutty when I complained about the stong spray smell in the room but they were full and they couldnt move me. So we went to dinner, and when we returned, she told me they had a cancellation, so she offered that room. I went to check it out, but it was first floor room right next to the elevator, and smelled like major Febreeze too. Plus. it was 11 at night and my husband did NOT want to move all of our stuff, so we stuck it out. They did bring a little machine which helped filter the air a little, so by morning, it was not as strong smelling in the room, so that proves my point, DONT USE SO MUCH AIR FRESHENER! I believe hotels should be a little more accomadating to folks who have asthma, etc. So before we left, I took a quick shower. The water turned black from my feet, as I was walking around in the room barefooted. I took my socks off when we first got into the room, and they were still white! So the carpet was filthy in the room! My feet were filthy, and that grosses me out!!!! Major fail, I am so surprised and so disappointed that I spent $160 for this room when we could have stayed at a B&B for a little more and would have been treated so much better!

Dear TracyNCliff,

I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. I understand the freshness of the room was of concern during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our hotel's priority; therefore, I have brought your comments to our hotel team to resolve this situation. We have also addressed the cleanliness of the carpet with our housekeeping staff, and they will make the necessary corrections. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area.

Joey M

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach? Share your experiences!