“Traveling Sea Hags2” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Sands Beach Inn

You added Ocean Sands Beach Inn to your Saves list
Ocean Sands Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3465 Coastal Highway, Vilano Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Vilano Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, NC
“Traveling Sea Hags2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We arrived Saturday, May 4th, after they had had monsoon-like contions. There was only a ground floor on the ICWW side, which is nice, we just wanted to see the ocean from the room. The next day they went out of their way, above and beyond my expectations, and got us in an ocean-front room. The hotel is in the perfect location, the beach is right there, and we felt like we had it to ourselvles. The staff was amazing!!! The ladies are lively, friendly, and I could truely tell they were treating us like they would want to be treated. Mark, the manager/owner, was also very nice. Everyone was warm, friendly, and fun. I felt like I was staying with family. I will definately, stay here again, planning for this year again. Will also recomend to friends

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My girlfriends and I lucked up on this place on a birthday trip down this way. We travel often and have never met a staff at any hotel nicer than these people! Hotel was clean, breakfast was good, view was great but again.. The biggest thing is here was the nice nice people that work here. We will def be back!

• Stayed May 2013
OceanSandsBeachInn, General Manager at Ocean Sands Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you ladies for such a fun time. You guys were the absolute best guests a hotel could have asked for and I sincerely want to thank you for staying with us and giving us an opportunity to showcase our great hotel. I've been at the hotel a little over 5-weeks now and been in the business for over 25-years (I may be rounding a little :) and I can honestly say I can count on one-hand the number of times I had such sincere and great guests that there were hugs all around when you left and a genuine feeling of sadness to see you guys go. Please come back anytime and I can't wait for you folks to see our hotel after we've finished our upgrades and enhancements. The staff is the best and I am honestly very proud how they have blossomed and embraced our new focus on sincere service and exceeding the expectations of our guests!
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This older property has been kept up real well and is safe and clean. The cancelation policy is very strict so make sure you are aware of this. A little off the track but that lends itself well to a leisurely stay with an uncrowned beach. Be aware that during busy periods nearby restaurants will be packed and waits are long

Room Tip: 2nd floor ocean view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ORLANDO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

After 8hrs travelling we arrived at this hotel during the evening.
It took ages to book in even though all had been prepaid. The lady on the desk seemed confused about our booking. She took our credit card details "just in case we burnt the hotel down"!!?

We had 2 rooms on the ground floor. The smell was awful. The carpets were filthy. The walls were crying out for a coat of paint and the ceilings were stained.
Breakfast was nothing like the pictures,but then nothing else looked like the photo's in the advertisement.
We stayed till early morning and booked out.

Worst hotel we have ever stayed in!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
msample, General Manager at Ocean Sands Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I take full responsibility for the poor treatment you received I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am somewhat surprised by your comments and I can assure you they will be addressed with the front desk. Since my arrival at the hotel at the end of March, there have been a number of upgrades to the hotel and one of the areas that was in need was the Property Management System and one of the issues had been with reservations that come through our system that were pre-paid to the third-party Online Travel Agency. I've taken steps to ensure the situation you encountered does not happened again and worked with the staff to respond in a much more professional and appropriate manner for our guests. I have uploaded a number of new pictures, that I took myself, to the Tripadvisor website to show some of the changes that have very recently occurred at the hotel. Again, I sincerely apologize and I hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you that we are a top hotel in this area and really do care about the entire guest experience.
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I would never recommend this place to anyone ..don't be fooled by their cheap price.
The location is not bad, but know that the rooms don't have an ocean view as they claim, its more a of a noisy road view for the second floor; the first floor has no view.
the rooms are nasty, they smell really bad, and moldy.
The stuff is even worst, very rude, they will treat you like crab.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and I agree with your comments about the experience prior to when I took over the hotel in late March. Since your visit there have been a lot of changes at the Ocean Sands Beach Inn. I have uploaded a number of new pictures, that I took myself today, to actually show some of the changes I've made since your visit. As I'm sure you'll notice there are a lot of new physical changes to the guestrooms since your visit. In addition to these changes, I have had the entire hotel professionally deep cleaned including all of the guestroom and public space carpet steam cleaned by the top company in the industry. I have also worked hard to enhance our guest experience and have trained and focused our great staff on being genuinely friendly, helpful, and focused on exceeding the expectations of every guest. Further changes are planned and I will continue to post new photos as each new project is finished - It's been a fast 30-days, but I can't tell you how much fun this is for all of us working here each and every day!

I would love to have you come back to the hotel and experience all of our upgrades that compliment our incredible location. Again, I appreciate your comments and I know that feedback like yours only helps us get better.
Cedar Key, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The entire staff (Beverly was great; Calvin too) was very courteous and helpful. The answered all our questions (restaurants and tattoo parlors). The rooms had great views and were clean . We felt safe and comfortable. All you have to do is cross the street and you are on their private stretch of beach. The weather was horrible, but our stay was not. I will definitely book this quaint little hotel again.

Room Tip: Sunset on one side and Sunrise on the other.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Newton NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I read the reviews after placing our reservation and decided we would judge for ourselves. If your clothes care whether they stay in a drawer from 1960 or 1970, then don't stay here; ours did not. The rooms, yes are dated but clean;no bad smell, no bugs, no noise! Yes, the pool is small and surrounded by the guests cars, however the lot and hotel is small and a large pool is not required and is surrounded by a gate, tiki tables and chaise lounge chairs. You also have marshland abutting the property and thus experience wonderful sunrises and sunsets. The guests interestingly enough were mostly from Florida, respectful and kind. I cannot speak of the breakfast as we ate out each morning,. We stayed in room 210, king bed, very comfortable, and the jaquzzi was terrific. Vanessa cleaned our room perfectly each day and Calvin and Beverly at the front desk could not be nicer! Beach to ourselves as well! Going back in fall and every year here! 10 out of 10 for us. It all boils down to what you are looking for - resort? no. Comfortable, clean, friendly, yes! New ownership Mark is updating the hotel and his plans are great!

Room Tip: Two floors, no elevator if it matters. Jacquzzi rooms have king bed and nice - older decor but eve...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Sands Beach Inn? Share your experiences!