“Great Morning Great Experiance” 5 of 5 stars

246 422 7433
Website
Improve this listing
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Morning Great Experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I booked this trip with I must say intrepidation , my daughter rides well, my wife has ridden, I am a complete beginner, I was also concerned about the care of the horses, well I should not have had any concerns, a taxi pick up from the hotel nice journey across the island met by Naomi's daughter and Alex our lead on the day, my daughter was given a horse that could be a challenge great for her, my wife a steady away one and myself well a horse as laid back as a true Barbadian, he became my best mate over the next couple of hours.

We rode through lovely countryside named scotland had pictures taken and my daughter galloped, we went down to a long sandy beach and my daughter fulfilled a dream of riding on the beach into the sea truly brilliant.

We headed back where we met the truck, the horses were un saddled and let go off they went on there own for about a mile back to the stables why we rode in the truck, we got back just as the horses trotted in amazing.

Naomi took us back to the hotel and gave us a great overview of the island.

Lovely people , great experience, safety conscious, horses really well looked after.

If I get the opportunity to visit the Island again this is must do..

Visited July 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“A great experience and not expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I enjoyed the whole experience, from arriving at the yard and meeting the various (very well cared for) animals, to riding off down to the sea and part way back. The horses are very lean fit types, not really what I am used to but they behaved perfectly and carry riders with a range of abilities including complete beginners. Barbados can be a bit swanky so it was great to get away from all of that and enjoy the countryside and a totally empty beach. At about £60 for a good 1.5 hours it is very good value for money, comparable to the UK. It is now branded as Ride Barbados but still known locally by its old name.

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful views, lovely horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My fiance and I are both inexperienced horse riders and she was a little concerned at first at some of the steep drops we rode down but the horses were very steady and secure. After a little while we relaxed into it and Alex was a very good guide, stopping to take photos of everyone at scenic spots and chatting to the group.
The countryside we rode through was lovely and going on to the beach with the wild east coast waves breaking on the beach was amazing.
The other members of the group were all friendly and chatty which helped make the ride more enjoyable. The stable dogs enjoyed the run as well.
This is a Barbados activity to be recommended

Visited February 2013
Cheltenham
“Fantastic ride, great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went for a beach ride at this yard while on holiday. My fiance is an inexperienced rider, he was perfectly matched to a very steady sort who wasn't strong and was quite happy to plod along while myself and the guide, Alex, picked up the pace on the beach. Alex was a great guide, very relaxed and friendly. We both really enjoyed the ride and would definitely recommend, it's a great way to see more of the island.

Visited January 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant way to spend a morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Neither my husband or I had ever been horse riding before but decided we would give it a go. We were picked up from our hotel by the owner, and taken to the stables where we met our horses and Alex the guide. To say I was nervous is a bit of an understatement however I needn't have worried. The horses are extremely well trained and looked after and seemed to know that they were carrying complete novices! My husband rode Arubia and had a bit of difficulty getting her to follow however she was only testing him out and he soon realised he needed to be a bit firmer! The ride took us up and down hills through the forest and eventually down to the beach, with Alex pointing out all the sights and filling us in on island history and lifestyle. The scenery is breathtaking! The beach was the final part of our ride and we actually rode through the surf at the waters edge - my husbands favourite part of the ride. After coming off the beach, we dismounted at the edge of the road, Alex removed the horses tack and they galloped off home - amazing to see their joy! The owner of the stables then picked us up, provided a refreshing drink, and took us back to the hotel. It was a fabulous way to spend a morning and we will definitely go again on our return to Barbados.

Visited October 2012