“Family Memories” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lost Valley Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedalia
Lost Valley Ranch
29555 Goose Creek Road, Sedalia, CO 80135   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Sedalia
eclectic
“Family Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is the BEST way to build family memories for all age groups in your family. The staff is super, food delicious, accommodations great, activities varied and fun. My grandchildren want to live there! We plan to go back for our 4th year. Can hardly wait for July, 2014.

Room Tip: All accommodation choices are great. If you have knee problems, you might want to request a cabin c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We are so thankful to have you as our guest and we love you grand kids as much as they love the ranch! Thanks for being more than a guest to us, but part of our ranch family. We look forward to seeing you on our side of the cattle guard in the near future.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Hope, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've traveled to Lost Valley many times over the years in the Spring and Fall months and every visit was better than the last one. This was my first Summer visit with my Granddaughter. The staff was the best, food the best, accommodations the best, every aspect was top notch. I highly recommend you visit the Valley. And, oh ya, the riding was the best.

Jim Evenson from Minnesota,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jim,

It was great meeting your granddaughter and even better having you both here for your first summer on the ranch together. We appreciate your kind words and we are looking forward to the next visit. We'll keep the fire lit for you and keep looking for the swim fins.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well it has been 2 years since we have been to Lost Valley Ranch. My family and I went Memorial weekend 2012. We had such an amazing time, still to this day we talk about it. My son at the time was 6 years old. He misses his horse, Hobbes and wishes to go back one day. They have a great kids club that my son loved also.. he would come back with his face all messed up with soot with stories of 3 finger Jake. He LOVED it!!! My husband and I enjoyed everything the ranch offered but my husbands favorite was the horseback riding. I enjoy taking photographs and hiking! You totally feel you are in the middle of nowhere -- in a lost valley. I recommend Lost Valley Ranch to all!! One day we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the trails end cabin... I loved it, just wish I brought my pillow... but whenever I tra...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend a vacation with your family at Lost Valley Ranch. It is wonderful to hear the stories of your son's experience with the Children's Program and 3 Finger Jake's Cave as well as the fun that your husband had riding horses. One of the many great things about the ranch is the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere. We believe that getting away and crossing our cattle guard brings rest, relaxation and refreshment that we are all in need of. We hope to see you back in the "lost valley" soon!
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Its has been years since I have been to Lost Valley Ranch (8 years I think), but this place is wonderful in every way. Great food, great horseback riding, wonderful accommodations, friendly, helpful staff, awesome for kids of all ages. They have so many activities and things to do too. Fishing, horseback riding (if you become friends with the wranglers, they might let you help feed the horses), jacuzzi, pool, and more. There is so much fun stuff to do, you literally fall into bed at night and sleep like a baby. Did I mention its absolutely beautiful too? The scenery is amazing, especially when you get on horseback and the wranglers take you to the top of the rock. You don't have to ride horses either or be a horse person, there is plenty of things to do or not do at all and just relax.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for being a repeat guest of the ranch. We appreciate your loyalty and for being a part of the Lost Valley Ranch family. Thank you also for sharing your experience here at the ranch. It sounds as though you have enjoyed every part of what we offer. Our staff are anxious to serve you and have you back across our cattle guard. Oooo-aaaah!
Topeka, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

There's no place I'd rather be. I've been to LVR with groups of kids at least a dozen times. There are so many new opportunities. Whether it's sitting around the fireplace while it snows, sunrise hikes or afternoon horseback rides, it's perfect. The cabins are always clean and very comfortable. The food is incredible. But the staff is over the top, always making everyone feel special and welcome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Lost Valley Ranch. It's been our pleasure serving your groups for many years and we are excited for many more. We enjoy hearing about our guests' experiences from the cabins to the food to the staff. We can't wait for you to return for more riding, hiking and relaxing.
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been taking groups to the Ranch for approx. 20 years now. If you're needing a place to take a group for a retreat, family reunion or class trip, I highly recommend that you consider this place! I have taken groups as large as 60 people and the experience is unforgettable for everyone who has ever gone. The ranch has a cozy, up-to-date, cowboy feel that just makes you forget about the city. The service from the staff is first class and they make you feel that you are their top priority. The view, well, it's simply to die for. You are able to "unplug" and relax more than you ever thought imaginable. It is absolutely one of my personal favorite places on earth!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms but I'd advise making sure you have a porch that looks over the corral...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your group to the ranch year after year. We enjoy serving groups here at the ranch and look forward to the opportunity that we have to give them a place to meet and play that is away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. "Unplugging" is a lost art and we take pleasure in providing this for our guests. Lost Valley Ranch, one of your favorite places on earth, is ready and excited for your future return.
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary here and had the most amazing time. It was hard to leave this peaceful area that doesn't have cell service or TVs in the cabins, and re-enter the "real" world. We spent our time riding horses - my husband's first time on a horse - through the beautiful Colorado mountains. The food was so amazing, and they surprised us with a cake for our anniversary. We LOVED the wood-burning fireplace and taking it easy and slow all weekend. The cabins were spotless! This would be a great family or couple or single vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony W, General Manager at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary at Lost Valley Ranch. It is always a joy for our staff to celebrate alongside our guests on a special occassion. We are excited to hear that the food, horses and cabins were enjoyed by the two of you. Getting some time away from the "real" world can be very peaceful and relaxing, we agree. We look forward to having you back very soon for a getaway from that busy, hectic pace that a lot of our guests experience on a normal basis.

Been to Lost Valley Ranch? Share your experiences!