“As always an outstanding vacation, with outstanding staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lost Valley Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedalia
Lost Valley Ranch
You added Lost Valley Ranch to your Saves list
29555 Goose Creek Road, Sedalia, CO 80135   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sedalia
Fairfax, VA
“As always an outstanding vacation, with outstanding staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is my family's 4th visit to LVL, and my I think 15th or 16th over the past 30 or so years. While there have been some changes, the core stays the same. The staff are just outstanding. I can't say enough about the hospitality and genuineness in wanting to make your stay special. I have reviewed the ranch in general earlier (see 2009) So I would like to really highlight the excellent staff this time. One example: we were an hour out from the ranch having just left at the end of our week stay when we discovered we had left something behind. (They had already left me a voice mail on my cell, but we couldn't get it due to spotty coverage). On the 9 mile dirt road back in to the ranch my 5 year old got sick all over the back seat of the car and herself. We arrived back at the ranch 5 minutes later. We were offered lunch and drinks, the kiddy supervisors my daughters had all week came out to make sure they were ok and cheer up my sick 5 year old, and the maintenance crew helped me clean out the rental car, even giving me some "new car scent" spray. They are just fabulous.

The riding program is great for all levels and with Kellie in particular (go gamecocks) the instruction is first rate. This place is very special. We are already counting the days to our next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tony W, Director of Sales at Lost Valley Ranch, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your commitment to Lost Valley Ranch and our staff. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff turned a very difficult situation into something way more. We are so excited for your family's return to the ranch, whenever that may be. Thank you for continuing to choose Lost Valley and for bringing immense joy and excitement to our staff. We can't wait to serve your family across our cattle guard in 2013!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is our family's first time to Lost Valley Ranch and what a special place! It's beautiful, charming, rustic and classy at the same time. We enjoyed our daily rides and sumptuous meals, not to mention the detailed cabin service the entire time we were there. The ranch provided activities for all ages, so our kids can choose to join the groups or stay with us. They mostly want to be with other kids though. The counselors were fabulous with our children and their cousins. We got to know all the staff very well, and because of that, we felt comfortable with the kids go anywhere (just about) at the ranch. The kids did not want to leave. The staff was made of sunny-natured, cheery, sincere young people with an incredibly strong management crew. We were impressed. We will definitely go back if we are to have another ranch vacation. You'll be amazed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at Lost Valley. As first time guests, we hope that you are able to enjoy the food, riding, cabin service, etc. but what is more exciting is hearing about your connection to our staff. Thank you for choosing our ranch and we definitely want to have you back for your next dude ranch adventure. Oooo-aaaah!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am a Colorado Springs Resident and can not believe that on just the otherside of the Mountains such a spiritual vacation spot exsisted, I could keep my cabin doors unlocked and let my children run and play without any question of there safety. This place is like no other. The staff is one of a kind and the guests that come to the Ranch on a regular basis are the kind of people I wish I could interact with daily. I am a first time horse rider and found the horses to be easier to ride than you could imagine. My wife and I found ourselves comfortable enough to trot and lope by the middle of the week. We have 3 children 10, 7 and 19 and they all had the same Experiance riding. Although this was my first Dude ranch, I will look no further. I will return to Lost Valley, no question.

• Stayed July 2012
Your experience here at Lost Valley Ranch is one that will stay with me. Thank you for sharing this incredible review with the Trip Advisor community. It was awesome to hear about your progression in riding throughout the week and the confidence that you gained as well as your children. More than that, to become closer as a family and leave with a renewed outlook on life, that is something that is motivating for our staff here in the Valley. We can't wait to have you back on the other side of the mountains.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I, like SMBALawrence, have been to the ranch over a span of many years. I was a child the first time I went in 1964. My family went many times over the next 10 years. I didn’t return for 25 years. When I returned it 1999, I was amazed to see it was the wonderful place I loved as child. The staff and owners have made sure over the span of 50 years that the magic never changes while they keep pace with the times.
The staff works hard to meet your needs. So many little things that made me smile, the mint on my folded down bed sheet, the friendly notes on the chalkboard by the cabin door each day, “The Brand” placed in my cabin each night (helped me know what the next day offered), the western music to welcome me into the cabin at night, board games to check out for added fun, a smile to greet me at the stable, dining hall, front desk or anywhere I walked on the ranch!
They also have multiple hot tubs so you don't have to travel far from your cabin to relax those muscles that had a day full of hiking, horseback riding, tennis, swimming, horseshoes, fishing, and/or skeet shooting. If people want, they can just sit on the porch swing and enjoy the majestic view!
This year, I returned as a grandmother. I am proud to have LVL as tradition in my family. The memories are an amazing gift to give my children and grandchild.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
What a unique response to your time at the ranch. To return as a grandmother after coming as a child, that is very special and something that is not easily overlooked by those here at the ranch. Thank you for your long time commitment to Lost Valley Ranch and bringing your familiy here this summer. I am very happy to hear that you plan to keep this vacation as a family tradition in which we commit to making many more memories of riding, fishing, shooting and more for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I first went to Lost Valley in 1976 and returned many summers in the 70s and 80s.

Our extended family has been lucky enough to return for vacation in 2011 and 2012. I was so thankful to experience it all again through the eyes of my 4 children ages 7 - 11. They had the time of their lives. The staff truly cares about service and helping your family renew, relax and create lifelong memories.

If you are looking for a very special place for your family, look no further and spend a week at Lost Valley. Also as a mother of four there is no other place where my kids are so well taken care of that I can truly relax. I got to spend quality time alone with my husband and parents as well as time with my kids.

• Stayed July 2012
It is always wonderful to hear when a former guest of many years ago returns with their family and seems to have a very similar experience to when they were young. We are happy to hear that you had relaxing and renewing week at the ranch that enabled you time to connect with your husband, parents and children. Our staff looks forward to your return where we promise to provide the same opportunity for you to experience another week of lifelong memories.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Been at LVL (their brand symbol!) three times over 8 years and every time is amazing. A great place for families/couples/etc. Great horse riding (great teachers) and amazing scenery. Food is excellent and the staff (comprised of permanent and college part timers) are very good - service oriented people.

Besides horseback riding there is a great pool, hot tubs, tennis, skeet shooting, fly fishing, entertainment on most nights, kids programs, etc. You won't be disappointed and you will be surprised by its uniqueness.

Room Tip: We stayed in "Lookout" cabin which sits "over" the main lawn of the lodge and lo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your consistency in choosing to spend your vacation time at Lost Valley Ranch over the past 8 years. We greatly value your comments and appreciate your taking the time to share those for potential guests. We are so glad to hear that you had an amazing time at the ranch and we are already looking forward to your return. Lookout will be waiting for you!
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family consists of 2 grandparents (65 & 60), 2 young adults (each 35) a 10 y/o granddaughter and a 6 y/o grandson. Lost Valley ranch has become our favorite place to be for the first week of June every year for the last 3 years and we are signed up again for next year. In fact, it's everyone's favorite vacation of the year.
Our grandchildren have gained the most from the experience. It brings out the best in them. They get to see things they would never see in the city and gain confidence in themselves because they accomplish tasks with their friends and group leaders in a way that keeps them wanting to do more. Each matures significantly after each week at LVR.
The staff concentrate on the kids having the time of their lives. The adults get to do whatever they like.....read a book, swim, hike, visit with nice people, ride a horse (at the level of your competence), eat great food, enjoy the nightly entertainment, fly fish in Goose Creek, enjoy the rodeo, etc..
In the last 3 years I have yet to meet any guest who wasn't having a wonderful time.
I particularly like the fact that their is no TV, phone or WiFi in the cabins. WiFi is only available in the main lodge. Everyone has such a great time you don't even care about what's happening in the outside world.

Best regards,
Rod Peveto
Plano, Texas

Room Tip: Every room I have seen has been excellent.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Rod for this incredible review of your time in the Valley. What you and your family have experienced at our ranch is what we hope and desire every person that crosses our cattle guard would feel. Thank you for choosing to be our guests year after year. We consider you our family and look forward to many years ahead where we see the grandkids grow and mature more and more with the new experiences that we assure you will come.

Been to Lost Valley Ranch? Share your experiences!