“Girl Scouts loved the Super 8” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Girl Scouts loved the Super 8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I brought my Girl Scout troop to Salida for a 3 day/2 night whitewater rafting, hot springs, and horseback riding trip. Don, the manager, set the entire trip up for us. There was the "small" matter of the pool being closed (Don, you really should have called and given me a "heads up") but when I mentioned that it was an issue, he offered us passes to the hot springs pool directly across the street. Breakfast was what I'd expected from the other reviews, and the girls (15 teenagers total) consumed happily. The restaurant 2 doors down was also very good.
The rooms were clean, the prearranged fridge and microwave showed up quickly, and each time we needed help, Don was there and friendly. I'd recommend this hotel to other troops of scouts or groups with kids. Only 2 of the three hot tubs was working, but that was enough for my kids. If you're looking for great and friendly service at a budget inn, this one's it!

• Stayed June 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Florissant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

We have stayed here many times over the years, it was our rescue puppies first road trip to a pet friendly motel and now she is four and a seasoned traveler! We love the pool and hot tubs, the great breakfast, the exceptional service, especially this last trip.It is also a great value. When we want to relax and soak in the hot springs, we head there or Buena Vista. So glad to see it is constantly being improved on, too.

• Liked — price and value
  • Disliked — we can't go more often
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

The owner(s)/Innkeeper(s) gave exceptional customer service. A good value for your money.

Sublette, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

My two teenage boys and I stayed for three nights and couldn't be happier. When we arrived the room, lift tickets and snowboard rental certificates were all ready and there were no problems with anything. The package also included some discount coupons to local businesses as well as the Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center right across the street. I can not comment about the breakfast as we always left early in the AM to get to the slopes, but it always seemed there were lots of people eating and enjoying themselves. When I arrived I asked to talk to Don Jackson, Manager, as I had visited with him on the phone and was impressed with his professionalism. He and all his staff displayed a warm greeting, friendly spirits, and genuine desire to make you feel welcome. The rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff were friendly, helpful, and accommodating with any needed items. My boys and I are hoping to get back there this summer for some of Don and his gangs package deals with area attractions.

St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

We always choose Super 8 when staying in Salida. It is perfect! Close to Monarch Ski Resort, MTN bike trails, river rafting, local dining, and hot springs. The rooms are always clean and have a nice view of the mountains. The free breakfast, included with hotel stay, is perfect before hitting the mountains before skiing or biking. Internet access in the lobby is nice for checking out the local weather too. The staff and owners are always friendly and go out of their way to accommodate their guests. Best place in town to stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

My stay at this Super 8 exceeded my expectations. The location of the hotel in such a quaint town was great. Traveling alone meant that safety was a key factor and I felt completely safe. My room had space and was clean and a great value. This is a perfect location for a ski trip or a hiking trip or just to get away and relax.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

Stayed here 3 nights on a break from traveling across country. Really glad we picked the super 8.. I highly recommend to anyone staying in Salida. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Salida? Share your experiences!