“Perfect Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salida Inn & Monarch Suites

You added Salida Inn & Monarch Suites to your Saves list
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7310 W. US Hwy. 50, Salida, CO 81201 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Salida
Farmington, New Mexico
“Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend. The customer service is top-notch and they truly care about the comfort and satisfaction of the people who stay at their hotel. We were very lucky to be able to stay in one of the recently remodeled cottage suites. It was so nice and cozy! There is a gas fireplace that really warmed the cottage and made the place feel like a true getaway so much we didn't go out as much as we planned! We took advantage of the kitchenette, nice flat screen, and fire, ordered food in and watched movies. The bed is one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on. It was a new pillow top with nicer than average bedding and a beautiful frame. It was incredibly quiet inside at night and made the stay extra peaceful. The hot tub was also a short walk from the front door and is perfect on a cold starry night. I highly recommend Salida Inn & Monarch Suites over any of the commercialized hotels in Salida. You will not get the comfort or service anywhere else.

Room Tip: I'd definitely pay extra to stay a cottage if you're in Salida for the weekend or longer.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

That is the statement I taught my 2 year old baby Grand when something great happens! Mike has outdone himself with the upgrades here. We stayed in August and thought that unit was nice but these cottages are AWESOME! Both times we visited, Mike was so welcoming and the property is unassuming from the road but remember what assumptions make us? Extremely reasonable rate and you wont be disappointed! Oh my gosh, we walked into the unit and it was so warm and inviting, wonderfully appointed and perfect after a long day. Hoping to become residents in Salida and will most definitely recommend family and friends stay here when visiting.

Room Tip: Pretty sure any room is good but these renovated cottages are primo!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi Ziggy,
Would I kid you :) ??? Thanx for that really nice review of Salida Inn. If nothing else, one can say we try hard - to make our guests happy, comfy and content. We do our best not to overstate what we offer, so our guests expectations are met. Thanx for noticing.
Northern Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Chose this motel from other reviews and wasn't disappointed. It is simple but great price and breakfast was decent. I'd recommend it to friends and stay again. Stayed in a room upstairs that was very roomy and had a recently redone bath.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2014
Hi Fifty_fun
Thanx a bunch for that nice review of Salida Inn. We try our best to meet and exceed our guests expectations. I am glad you "weren't disappointed". I'll share your review with our staff, I am sure they will be happy.
Thanx again
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Updated and well appointed rooms. Very clean and cared for property. Friendly staff. Good value. Glad we stayed there and spent the time "discovering" Salida! We have driven through Salida many times and are pleased we spent an extra day to "do the town".

Would choose the Salida Inn again for sure.

Room Tip: Though our room along the highway was quiet - there are rooms that are perpendicular to the highway...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
David
Thanx for your nice review of Salida Inn and glad we were able to make you comfortable.
We will all look forward to your next visit.
Thanx again
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

The hotel staff are very friendly. The free continental breakfast was very nice (had basics eg: no waffle maker or pancake/eggs). It was a tad bit chilly for the pool but the hot tub was nice. You pull up and you wouldn't think there are more rooms but back behind there are little cottages you can enjoy if staying for longer or have more people than 3 in your party. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean. The only weird thing is that the bathroom sink was in a shared space with the microwave and mini fridge right outside the bathroom. Plenty of space though. WiFi was nice especially since my cell service in that town is almost nothing. Also if you're in a room near the boiler room/area they warn you so you can open windows or turn on the a/c if needed for being comfortable. Already booked for a trip this coming summer. Reasonable prices.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Amber
Thanx for your really nice review of Salida Inn & Monarch Suites. Very much appreciated and thanx also for booking another stay with us. We will all look forward to your next visit.
I do want to mention our decision to not provide a waffle maker at our continental breakfast,
Having been a Registered Nurse in an Emergency Dept. in a Casino Town for 20 years, I treated a lot of patients on a daily basis who stayed at one or more of the Casino Hotels and who's last meal was a Continental Breakfast that included waffles. Many complaints of stomach distress. I found it amazing that the health department will shut down a restaurant if it's employees make food without wearing gloves, but Hotels can let all sorts of guests make waffles on a public waffle machine without wearing gloves. We put out a dozen or so different breakfast items including HB Eggs but even the fresh fruit we put out is fruit with a skin like bananas and oranges, that need the skin peeled off by the guest prior to eating.
Thanx also for mentioning that our rooms have M/W, Fridge and coffee maker in close proximity to the vanity. We figured it would be more convenient to fill your coffee pot than having to carry the water across the room to fill it as in other hotels.
Thanx again for your review and see you on your return.
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

This is an older motel with parking by your door. Beds were very comfortable and the facility was well maintained. Wifi was good and the hot tub was clean and warm enough. We had choices for food close by and enjoyed a meal at Quincy's steak house (unusual but very good). A very cordial welcome upon arrival and well worth the money.

Hello Senior Reviewer,
Sorry for the salutation "senior reviewer?, but thanx for your nice review of the
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites. A ton of research went into our decision to go with all new Serta Posturpedic Pillow top mattresses, so thanx for mentioning how comfy they are.
Have a great day and thanx again,
Palm Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

I chose this place for what I thought would be a one night stay. I wound up spending more time in Salida than I had planned. I had many choices of Hotels. My first night was very restful. Due to mattress quality, room size, TV quality and the perfect room temperature. The A/C fan was like a lullaby to sleep! The room and bathroom were very clean. All making for quality sleep. Breakfast; Cinnamon Toast was great! Fruit was real and fresh and cut. Blueberries, watermelon, pineapple, rasberries,. Bananas, REAL Orange juice from the bottle; Tropicana. Bagels. Coffee. I chose to just keep staying here. Many chain hotels look great on the outside to draw you in. Once in the room; not so good. The owner of Salida Inn and Monarch Suites is currently working on the outside portion. Nice deck in back. Nice pool and hot tub. I had no time to use, but others told me it was very nice. The owner is also making the Lobby/Eating area much bigger creating a very nice view of the mountains. I would only go to this place if I went to Salida again....AND...like I said; it's only getting better. This was my opinion and the opinion of my 32 year old son who does much Hotel staying.

Room Tip: Well, I had room 201. It was bigger than rooms at any of the chain hotels I stayed in. I just simply...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hi Eddie.janet
Thanx so much for your really nice review of our little property, the Salida Inn & Monarch Suites.
It is really appreciated by all of our staff when guests notice how hard we are working to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable.
Thanx for noticing.
Mike

Been to Salida Inn & Monarch Suites? Share your experiences!