“What more could one ask for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salida Inn & Monarch Suites

Save Saved
You added Salida Inn & Monarch Suites to your Saves list
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7310 W. US Hwy. 50, Salida, CO 81201 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Salida
Salida, Colorado
“What more could one ask for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Every Time I get to Denver for business, I drive down to Salida to get a few days skiing in before heading back. I have stayed at almost every hotel in Salida at least once. This past weekend will be my 3rd time at ABVI, soon to become Salida Inn & Monarch Suites. It just keeps getting better. The rooms are large, spotlessly clean, and comfortable and the owner is in the process of remodeling the entire place. It's beginning to look more like a Lodge than a Motel. The staff are attentive, always asking if I need anything. It's nice to know I'm not forgotten once I check in. The new manager, Mike, a retired RN has some great photos of Ground Zero just after 911 where he operated a Triage/First Aide center out of a Bombed out store front. He doesn't share these with everyone, but by my second visit to the hotel, it seemed like we were old friends. It's nice to stay with friends when your away from home.

Room Tip: There are two main buildings at the hotel. One faces the highway, the other is on the side and as on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Mike E, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Isitall,

Thanx for you great review and for letting my cat out of the bag about ground zero. Just kidding. I am proud of the fact that I could put my nursing education to good use and at the time, the best use was there at ground zero. An entire group of us, all from different hospitals were happy to help out and glad we could assist.

Thanx for all of your great comments about the hotel and my staff. They work hard each day to make sure your stay is comfortable.

I will pass your comments along to my head house keeper who makes it a point to memorize all my guests first names before she heads to clean the rooms. She says she enjoys the look on guests faces when she know them by name.

Thanx again,

Mike

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 3 months and both times I was greeted by a friend. We weren't friends before I stayed, but by the end of my first stay we were. The new manager, Mike, a tall character just redefines "hospitality" on a daily basis. On my first stay, I asked if Decaf Coffee was available for breakfast. Mike said it wasn't, but by the next mourning, it was. I suspect he went out and bought some. My friends and I were in the hot tube on a chilly night and our new friend brought four robes out to us without our having to ask. On our second stay, my young son spilled a coke on the bed. When I called the office to ask for a few rags to clean it up, Mike arrived in seconds, with a fresh set of sheets, put on a new mattress pad and completely remade the bed. While changing the bed, he heard my son coughing. A retired registered nurse Mike said the cough sounded like Croup. He left and returned a few minutes later with a humidifier and set it up next to where my son was sleeping. My son slept all night and the cough was better in the mourning. When we got home my pediatrician confirmed that it was in fact croup.
The hotel itself was a little dated on my first visit, but by the second stay, new siding and new stone work out front made the hotel look more like a country lodge, most of the rooms had been repainted. The continental breakfast is basic stuff, cereals, bread for toast, fresh bagels, muffins etc. Juice and of course, decaf coffee :). The rooms are large and clean, the beds comfy. I'll never stay anywhere else when I visit Salida.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mike E, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hi Max,

Thanx a ton for that great review. I am so glad your son was better, his chest was really congested that night. Tell your friends and family I said thanx also to them. We are trying our best to treat all of our guests as friends. I fact, after I read your review, I decided to make it our slogan.
"Creating new friends, one guest at a time". It's pretty much what we try to do anyway.
Thanx for the inspiration :)
Come back and see us soon.
Mike
La Crescent, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the last 4 years. It is a great place. Rooms recently remodeled. The manager "Big Mike" was very helpful and informative. Everything about this hotel is just "right". We look forward to returning in March.

Room Tip: Corner rooms away from the stairs are better
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mike E, Manager at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hey Koalsmom,

Thank you so much for your nice review. I only just recently took ownership of the hotel and am trying to catch up with my responses.

We will look forward to seeing you all again.

Big Mike
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My son and I recently stayed three nights while skiing at monarch. It was a comfortable, quiet, clean, safe place to stay. Going thru an update, both exterior and room interiors. Hot tubes great, hot and clean.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in this motel for two nights (January 19 - January 21). We had a big room with retro-like furniture of 50s but looked pretty new. The bed was a king-size bed with a beautiful bed spread. The hight lamps are very pretty. The room was clean. The bedding was not quite new. There is a microwave and a refregerator in the room. There is a jaccuzi in the bathroom, which is a nice feature to add. The breakfast area is pretty small, but it is not a big problem. The motel has a hot tub and an outdoor swimming pool ( was closed for the winter season). The staff of the motel was nice, friendly and helpful. It is a good motel to stay for the price we paid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Salida Inn & Monarch Suites? Share your experiences!