“Honest Owners” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Salida
Denver, CO
“Honest Owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

My boyfriend and I came through Salida on President's Day weekend unexpectedly. We were offered an incredible rate and a very clean room. We stayed for one night and then traveled onward. I left my IPOD in the room at the Silver Ridge Lodge. I noticed it was missing four days later and called the Lodge immediately. They had found the IPOD and were extremely helpful in getting it back to me. I would definately stay there again!

• Liked — The reasonable pricing and clean rooms.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

My fiancee, niece and I stayed here one night, it looked clean and inviting. It had a decent sized pool but the hot tub was bath tub size and had hair floating around in it not to mention the sauna which had a padlock attached and no key to be found. Upon check in one of the owners (wife) seemed very unfriendly.We felt that maybe we had offended her even though we just met! She seemed very cold and put off. The worst event happened after check out. After having driven 80 miles out I realized that I left my $400.00, newly purchased IPOD on the table in the room. I immediately called and spoke to one the owners (husband) and explained the situation. He was very agitated and adamantly denied knowledge of my IPOD so I asked to speak to one of the two maids who had been cleaning the room next to ours the morning we left. I had talked to them on the morning we left, indicating that it was okay to clean our room as we were leaving. The maid got on the phone and adamantly denied seeing the IPOD in the room. I told her I knew for a fact I left it in the room and again she denied seeing it. The owner got back on the phone and vouched for the maid and her story. He said they were very honest. I told him that I was honest too and knew for a fact I left the IPOD on the table. My fiancee then got on the phone and gave him our cell and home phone numbers to contact us in the event the IPOD suddenly appears. Well guess what? Yep, no call what so ever! Not even to follow up to see if maybe it suddenly appeared in my suitcase. Today I went out and bought another $400.00 IPOD and will not lose it again to sticky fingers! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!! I should have called the police. Stupid me! Silver Ridge Motto: "Leave it, never see it"

• Liked — Check out
  • Disliked — Stickey Fingers
  • Tips/Secrets — psst! DON'T DO IT
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SilverRidgeLodge, Owner at Silver Ridge Lodge, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Claim that left his $400 ipod and was only one hour a way when noticed missing and dont come back to search for it or report to police as stolen ? Somthig is suspicious here, it is easy to blame somone els in this case motel .How we can return somthing when was not left here? I am busness owner if i wanted ipod i could easy afford one i dont need any body else items its against my principal PERIOD, to this day i dont see need to own one.Please disregard his claim and go read other riviews where customers thanks us for returning there bilongies,ipod's expensive lap top's e.t.c. Thank You . Ted @ SRL
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

If the Alpine Inn in Durango was the old and not-so-good, the Silver Ridge Lodge motel is the old and wonderful! This place has it all figured out---how to be a long standing institution and embrace customers and cleanliness alike!
This facility is an older property but it has been completely updated in recent times. Each room is neat and tidy, supplied with fresh, clean white towels and excellent, firm beds. The pool area is sparkling, the grounds are neatly trimmed and bordered with flowers. The television works and offers plenty of channels. The location is on a main street without being too busy or noisy. If that isn't enough, right across that main street is the Salida Hot Springs and Aquatic Center. For $6 you can enjoy natural mineral springs at a beautiful facility...right at your doorstep.
For the more adventurous, Salida beckons you with a ton of options--Jeep rentals, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, and on. We highly recommend this beautiful, active, amazing place, and now you know where to stay: Silver Ridge Lodge.

Stayed June 2006
Ozark, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

We recently stayed three nights at the Silver Ridge, finishing up a week long tour through south central Colorado. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have booked there but a local that runs an unrelated business suggested the motel to me because of the cleanliness. Being a clean freak as I am, I wasn't disappointed.

The motel is dated with an old architectural style, but it is really clean, spacious and has benches outside your door to enjoy the cool air and beautiful mountain scenery. Windows that open are a nice touch from the old days. Our room had two nice queen beds, a coffee maker, small fridge and micro. Since we stayed three nights, the fridge really came in handy.

The motel offers an outdoor heated pool and an indoor sauna. One evening I thought the pool was closed because the cover was on, but it turned out that the owner was just keeping it warm. Since the kids were wanting to swim in the evening, it was just right.

This motel was without a doubt the most enjoyable place we stayed on the entire trip. It is family owned and they seem to take a lot of pride in their place. The folks were constantly busy.

Granted, it's not the Ritz or some fancy lodge$$$, but for the price we were well pleased and will stay there again when the leaves change.

• Liked — Cleanliness and spacious rooms.
  • Disliked — No iron or ironing board.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
fort collins
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

Hi Folks,
We were in Salida for two nights, and the first was spent here. Our pet-friendly room was new, clean, and comfortable. Nothing special, but nothing wrong or unpleasant either. This place is right next to the Super 8 where we stayed the second night and it was dreadful. I wish we had stayed here both nights. I would stay here again, even with the $10 charge for our dog.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2006

We felt very welcomed and safe here and the jucuzzi/sauna room was very nice. The price is wonderful for an above average, very clean and economical stay. This will be our second stay in Salida and we don't want to stay anywhere else. It's also right across the street from the large Salida Hot Springs pool and only 20 mins. from Monarch Ski Lodge!!

• Stayed February 2006
Fort Bragg, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

Two retired women on limited income but still hungry to travel, we're always looking for "cheap sleeps," and always appreciate them when we find them!

Salida, CO, is a good-looking town with lots of nice, old homes and some surprisingly good places to eat!

But for cheap sleeps, the Silver Ridge Lodge - we paid $50 for the two of us - provided a spacious room, two Queen beds, tables, small frig, microwave, large TV and good bathroom, in a pretty location with a nice view.

Look for the "Laughing Ladies" review, for a place to eat!

SilverRidgeLodge, Owner at Silver Ridge Lodge, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Ellie,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Salida. We love Laughing Ladies also. A nice place to go for a treat.

Ted

Been to Silver Ridge Lodge? Share your experiences!