“Top of the line” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Tapas, Brasserie
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Shallots is a modern American cafe that focuses on quality food and cocktails at a great price. We strive to keep our food and cocktails fresh and interesting, with an emphasis on quality service.
Monte Vista, Colorado, United States
“Top of the line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have been here several times and the food is ALWAYS wonderful and you can tell it is made from scratch. The staff is always friendly and the owner has always been there when we are there going around talking to everyone making sure everything it good. It has become one of our favorite places to go. If you get a chance you should go experence this wonderful place.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rochester, New York
“Give it a try...I think you'll enjoy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

A friend of mine and I visited Shallots for dinner. We shared an order of pot stickers that were out of this world. The wrap was light and crisp and the filling was better than any Asian restaurant that I have visited. For dinner, my guest went with the rubin sandwich and said it was also the best rubin she has had. My entre was the pork BBQ tacos. Once again, very tasty and presented with all the garnishes one may ask for. We also shared the last piece of chocolate cake and it was delicious and as fresh as the first cut from the cake. Overall, we were very pleased with the food and service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado
“Deeeelishhhh!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We have eaten here a couple of time since moving to Colorado, and this is one of our favorite restaurants in the area. Wonderful atmospher, great bar with just about any cocktail you can think of to order, or very good wines, and beers in stock. The food is very elegantly plated and just as tasty. Highly recomend!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, Colorado
“A super good meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Pros: My steak was excellent, cooked perfectly with a lovely presentation. The atmosphere was calm and quiet. Street parking was just outside the door. The server was attentive and efficient.
Cons: Lighting was too dim and diffuse for my old eyes. I would have preferred a small spot over the table. Sitting near the bar, I had to listen to an owner/manager complain about the regressive attitudes of the locals. IMHO, attitudes like his can sink a business quite efficiently so if you're curious about the place it might be a good idea to hustle on in while the doors are open.

Visited January 2014
Litteton, Colorado
“Fine Food - OK service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The food quality and taste was outstanding. I had the fish tacos and we shared the marinated goat cheese and olive plate. I liked the fact that the salad dressings were all homemade. I had the olive tapenade dressing. Yum.

Now the service . . . . . I hate to complain, but they need to work out a few glitches. There was no wine list and the waitress could only tell me "chardonnay." I needed more details and she ended up bringing me the bottle to show me, and it was a nice choice. But still slow service and chatting with the bar patrons seemed to take precedence over table service. Overall a nice meal. I would come back.

• Visited January 2014