“Bring your appetites!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Tapas, Brasserie
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shallots is a modern American cafe that focuses on quality food and cocktails at a great price. We strive to keep our food and cocktails fresh and interesting, with an emphasis on quality service.
Salida, Colorado
“Bring your appetites!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This gem has only been open for 18 months. The owners really care about the food and overall customer experience. We have eaten there twice, and cant wait to go back. The appetizers are so delicious that I had the shrimp and grits for an entree. The other shrimp appetizers were awesome. The salads are to die for - dressing moist and flavorful but not overkill. The steak and seafood entrees my companions ordered were consumed with gusto. Oh - dont forget to have the innovative cocktails! We all had the "Dirty Girl Scout" which tasted like a grown-up version of the girl scout thin mint cookie - nice and strong and delicious. The only downside for us - the dessert. We ordered a torte - after such great dishes we were sure the dessert would not disappoint. The tort was filled with a cloyingly sweet and strong raspberry jam (not fresh either). It was inedible - sorry I would give 5 stars if not for the sad ending. The service is amazing and friendly and we hope to keep coming back to your wonderful cozy friendly restaurant!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“A real find in Salida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

A charming, cozy restaurant in downtown Salida. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgable, including the mixologist with the fluorescent red hair ! The drinks are imaginative and well prepared. I enjoyed a thick, succulent pork chop with a chile-raspberry sauce. My fellow diners were also quite pleased. Of course, the wine list is fairly limited, but still adequate. You are, after all, in a small Colorado town in the winter. We will be back.

Florissant, Colorado
“This place was better than awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was looking for any place to eat after a long day of snowboarding and boy was I surprised by just how awesome this place was. I had coconut curry soup which was one of the greatest things I've ever tasted, chicken marsalla, and an apple tort. These guys are super friendly and very knowledgeable. I plan on driving way out of my way to eat here again. These guys deserve big city business, a true diamond in the rough.

Denver, Colorado
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great Service, drinks and meal. Well worth the wait. Smoked Quail and Pork chops were fantastic. Even the the Pico de Gallo sauce on the Broccoli was delicious. The chocolate cake for desert was perfect.

denver,co
“A must to check out excellent gourmet chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Nice atmosphere you also have to meet the chef Donn he is a awesome gourmet chef that makes you feel good with great food drinks I was there for a karaoke and seen bans play local just a place you feel right at home no other food matches schalots

• Visited September 2013