“Back Home in Colorado” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Collbran, Colorado
“Back Home in Colorado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Hey there,, In July this year we went to Texas to visit our oldest daughter, Echo. The first day we were there, we were in a car accident, not real bad, but the other driver had no insurance and left the scene. Long story short, when we left Dallas we weren't going to stop until we got "Back Home in Colorado". When we got to Salida at 10:30 at night, we drove by almost all of it, until we saw The Circle R Motel. We knew that someone took good care of this little oasis, and for the night, it was to be our home away from home. When we got up in the morning it was a brand new day and a brand new outlook. Must have been from the comfort we had just been privy to. I would recommend a stay at The Circle R, to anyone traveling through the area. We'll be back for an antelope hunt, later this year. Thanks Again, Sincerely Kim Clinton

Room Tip: Get in and enjoy a jacuzzi before retiring, very relaxing
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed in Salida during my roadtrip in June 2011 for one night. As I prefer these small family owned motels where I can park my car right in front of the room, I decided to take a closer look at the Circle R Motel. The motel looked very nice, rates were great and the owners, Pam and Lee, where extremly friendly and helpful! So I decided to stay there and I can highly recommend this motel. My room was very clean and I had everything I needed including free WiFi and my room was very quiet, haven't heard anything from my neighbors. There is a hot tub and a laundry which is very useful. I felt very welcomed in the Circle R Motel and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We had read the reviews of this motel and decided that it was worth a try. We contacted the owners Pam and Lee by e-mail getting the price and then making reservations. I had asked if our room came with a fridge and was told that if we wanted one, they would sure put one in our room for us, which they did! They even offered to make dinner reservations for us that night when we arrived. Very hospitable owners for sure! It is a well run motel with very clean rooms and a great price. Our room was only $79.00 a night and I had checked several in the area which were at least ten dollars higher a night. The rooms take you back to when you were a kid and on vacation with your family, very vintage 50's style so don't expect the little soaps and shampoo's that the other motels certainly charge you for. They provide a nice liquid/lotion soap by the sink and in the shower which works great. Let me add that they are a very pet friendly motel and we will bring our dog on our next stay there in Salida!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Well run establishment, historic, 1950's style. Rooms were accomadating and relaxing. The management were very nice and made every effort to insure a plesent stay. The hot tub made for an unimaginable end of day treat. This is the last of the true mom and pops motels in the southwest!

• Stayed April 2011
Alamosa, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

The room seemed dingy and unclean, and we found a flea in the bathroom. On a more positive note, the owner was really friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
circler, Owner at Circle R Motel, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
This reviewer says the room "seemed" dingy and unclean. Either it was or it was not. How do we know those people didn't bring the "flea" in themselves. Or was there even a flea. We get frustrated when people don't talk to us but rather leave the motel and write bad reviews on trip advisor. The three reviews before this were all great reviews. Not counting the hundreds of people who come back time and time again. Like Martha coming today from Texas - who comes every year - and has for the last eight years.
Milliken, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

My firend John and I stayed for 3 days to Go Deer Hunting. When we met Lee at the Motel it was as if we knew him all our lives and that we were staying with a good Friend.

We actually harvested a Buck Deer and Lee let us Hang it in His Garage over night until we Left the following day. I'm going to book a room with the Circle R Motel this Hunting trip in November and my friend John agrees that it's the right place to stay.

In fact after John met Lee and his Wife he said to me, Man you really picked the right place to stay They are great people!!!

We Thank you Lee and your Wife for all your Help and really do appreciate it. We would recommend your Motel to anyone and all our friends. Thanks for a great trip. Respectfully, John Mongello from Milliken Colorado.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have been staying at the Circle-R for a number of years on numerous fishing trips with my son,friends and often by myself. It is like a home away from home. Lee and Pam are the nicest couple you could know. Yes, the place is dated, but in response to some complaints about the quality of stay, I would like to say that life and making a living in a place like Salida is challenging at best and they try very hard to do the best they can for themselves and their guests. I could stay at nicer places, but at what cost? I look forward to having a beer again with Lee come next Spring. Thanks...Doug from Lakewood

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Circle R Motel? Share your experiences!