“Love the cozy feel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aspen Leaf Lodge

Aspen Leaf Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salida
Aspen Leaf Lodge
You added Aspen Leaf Lodge to your Saves list
7350 W US Hwy 50, Salida, CO 81201   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Tulsa, OK
“Love the cozy feel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

I'm a single woman traveling alone. I've stayed at this hotel three times since 2002. Each time I receive exactly what is promised: helpful owners, comfortable accommodations, reasonable pricing, and a feeling of safety. (The hotel has demonstrated that it doesn't allow problem customers to stay very long. ) I will be visiting Salida at Christmas, 2006, and intend to stay at the Aspen Leaf! What better endorsement! Thank you. Nancy McGuffee, Tulsa, OK

• Liked — simplicity and cleanliness
  • Disliked — hearing other travelers arrive
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2006

We have stopped often at the Aspen Leaf Lodge over the past ten years. The rooms are always clean and warm. It is a great place to stop for a skiing holiday at Monarch Pass. The hot tub is always welcoming after a hard day on the slopes. The management has always been polite and responsive to any requests we have had. For a beautiful mountain town this is the best place to stay.

Stayed December 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2005

My family and I stayed at the Aspen Lodge over Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time. What it is, is a family-oriented loy-key place. The employees are so friendly and genuine that by the time you leave, you are calling them by their first names. The service is top-notch. What Aspen Leaf is NOT, is a place for richer people who are used to silver lined plates and roads paved with gold. This is a MOUNTIAN lodge, and it is a little run down, but not the point of repelling from all it has to offer. No, t.v. but plenty of entertianment: racketball court and game room, swimming pool and hottub, horsebackriding,scheduled events over the holidays, a cowboy band, bar with pool table... it all adds up to a very relaxing stay.

Stayed November 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

At 1:45 AM on our stay at the Aspen Leaf I was awakened by a loud noise that at first I thought was a new type siren. When I looked out the window, a huge tour bus was mauuevering back and forth to get backed up next to our room. The noise I was hearing was the reverse safety alarm.
But not just one, but four buses kept the noise level up till we were both wide awake and could not get back to sleep.
We complained next morning, only to hear, we can't control what time they will arrive.
You may want to take ear plugs on your next visit, because a good nights sleep, "IS NOT GURANTEED".
ALSO, don't expect a discount, none is given or offered, AAA, ARRP, ETC.

Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

The owner gave me a reasonable rate and called today to cancel my room. The hotel was listed in a discount book that she said she would not honor as she did not know anything about it, but since she wanted to be nice she would let me have it for a higher rate of $50 and i agreed. She called today and told me she could get $89 for the room and would not honor her commitment. I will not recommend anybody who does business this way.

Stayed June 2005

Been to Aspen Leaf Lodge? Share your experiences!