“Comfy, reasonable stay in Salida” 4 of 5 stars

1425 East Highway 50, Salida, CO 81201   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Salida
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Comfy, reasonable stay in Salida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and comfortable decorated in a kitschy 50's/60's style. Full size coffee makers (and coffee!) in every room - a definite plus! The staff was helpful with whatever requests or questions that we asked.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here last year, and on two occasions in the last couple of weeks. My son walked into Room #5, and said, "Oh, man, this is what I want my apartment to look like!! We loved it. Loved being able to sit out back at night. The beds were great!
Ira was a huge help and made us feel right at home. My very favorite motel!!
Can't think of a better hotel experience other than being here at Mountain Motel last year (equally good, warm, and delightful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I found this motel on SUNDAY eve, I was exhausted and in a lot of pain due to an illness I struggle with and if I don't get good sleep the pain becomes more extreme and We were traveling to a trade show in a nearby town and it been a difficult trip as we had blown out our engine 600 miles south, causing us to miss several days of the show and we had to rent a uhaul van which used twice as much gas, and cost us $29.00 a day plus .19 cents a mile, so we already had lost money on the trip and we were stunned to see the prices for small ratty little rooms in this touristy area. I was thrilled when the owner after hearing a bit of our woes came to our rescue and gave us a smoking deal on a great room with an amazingly comfortable king bed. There was a soak tub in the room, a flat screen tv, kitchenette, and a rocking chair. It was perfect in every way!! yes it was a little quirky as to the decor but in a delightful way... for example someone welded copper pipes together for towel racks and a toilet roll holder. There were pictures everywhere of the owner a former skier, and my room had snow skies, and actual skies mounted on the wall. I thought it was cool. There were beautiful flowers everywhere, a view of the mountains to die for and the owner Ira ( who judging from these reviews must be married to Irene) is just plain sweet. I know he could have gotten a lot more money for this room and he chose not to because he felt bad that we had all the travel problems. Anyway finding this room for the price he let me have it for was like a miracle. And The bed was not too soft it was simply divine, not sure if I have ever slept that well. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I was in room six and just loved it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Oregon, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

A group of us came to Salida for 5 days of fishing. The motel is at the edge of town so a little quieter but convenient to the historic district. Each room has its own flavor and the owners are continually upgrading. The rooms are spacious with a great TV but the beds are a bit soft and the towels and bath/shower area could be better. But the hosts are very welcoming and helpful for tips on what to do and where to eat. I'll come back here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Mountain Motel has great views of the mountains. The beds are new and are comfortable. Each room is decorated with a flair. The rooms are super clean. The owner is easily reached by phone if not on site and is really friendly and helpful. The little kitchenettes are well-equipped. I have stayed several times this year with much pleasure. Each room is different, but I prefer the upstairs or the cottages, which are very popular. I am very pleased to recommend Mountain Motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family en route to New Mexico, it's a must stay. The management was friendly and nice, the rooms we're clean and cozy, and the view of the mountains was wonderful. It was nice to have a full (if small) kitchen. Staying there was like being in my own house once again. The beds we're so comfy. Best hotel I've stayed in in the USA.

• Stayed May 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went on a little get-away with my girlfriend, and this place was great. It is much cheaper than some of the other places in town, and they just refurbished and re-did much of the motel, so the new part is very nice, very clean, and very rustic. The beds were in very good shape, the kitchen part was furnished with the necessary accessories to help you get by, it's just a gem of a little place for a good value when normally you're either breaking the bank or staying somewhere cheap. Irene the owner was very friendly and gave us great advice about where to eat in town and what to go see. All of her recommendations were spot on, and she even offered to help us get a two for one deal at Monarch Mountain the next day.
It helped me save a lot over some of the bed and breakfast places in town, and there are good places to eat in town like Ferraro's (check the marsala and alfredo, made right).
If you're on a little bit of a budget, this place is ideal, and even if not, it's worth considering, the new rooms feel like you are in a cabin.

Room Tip: I didn't see the more cabin-type rooms, but the new rooms at the back they just re-did are reall...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mountain Motel? Share your experiences!