“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ridgway
CO
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We decided to take a mini-vacation and travel to the Ouray-Telluride area. My wife booked this hotel and we weren't sure what to expect. It turned out to be a great hotel! Pool, whirlpool, sauna, what more do you want? It was the end of March so noone was there. The rooms were well apointed and clean.The desk clerk showed me some rooms they were renovating, ours was the old design and I thought it was fine. They also served some high quality bread at breakfast. The front desk was also friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will chose it again if in the area.

Room Tip: There is probably not a bad room in the place. One set of rooms faces the road the other side the pa...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Miller, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel was a nice place to stay and a good value for this area of Colorado. I loved the indoor pool and hot tub. My only complaint was that the vent on the heating and air unit was dirty. Other than that, the room was clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Durango
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Rooms were just O.K. The carpet was grungy and for the price, I would stay somewhere else. With tax, we were charged about $123 for a double queen, required room for a dog. The breakfast was a meager continental. Request a room away from the highway for a quieter stay. The front desk people were very friendly and gave us helpful suggestions for a bike ride and dinner.

Room Tip: request a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sedona, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The last legs of our road trip had to be modified and put together while on the go. While in Denver we planned our route back home to Sedona and decided to travel through the mountains on a route we hadn't explored before. Montrose was the obvious half way point and so I contacted a few of the places in town recommended on TA. I quickly discovered that the town was fully booked for the weekend and rates were very high. Next choices on the map were Ridgway and Ouray. Our friend in Denver recommended that we try Ridgway. The reviews at TA were suspect but I called anyway and was pleased to find a pet friendly room at a good rate. I booked it and figured that for a single night we could endure it even if it was not too good.
My first impression on arrival was that it was a clean looking building and a step above most roadside motels. It got even better. I was getting out of the car and was approached by a big friendly dog and his owner, an attractive smiling lady. She and the dog both greeted me and she introduced herself as Char, the hotel manager. We went inside and waited while two other guests were checking in ahead of me. I requested a ground floor room and between me and the other two guests checking in, who also needed pet friendly rooms, we worked it out so I got the ground and they gladly took the second floor.
Our room was spacious and comfortable. Internet service was good and they gave us a great recommendation for where to go for supper.
The town, the park and True Grits made for a wonderful evening and a nice visit as we anticipated the last day on the road the next day.
I will stay in Ridgway again and I will choose the Ridgway Lodge and Suites.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hurst, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My wife and I were camping in nearby Ridgway State Park, but were rained out by a severe thunderstorm. The staff at the Ridgway-Ouray Lodge offered us a friendly, comfortable shelter from the storm. We didn't spend much time at the hotel itself, but the room was clean and comfortable. We slept well, got a good shower, and woke up to a beautiful view of the mountains.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Smithville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Our King-bed room was very nice, very comfortable. Service and cleanliness were both great. Ladies at the desk were always very helpful with recommendations and guidance about the area. Had a problem with WiFi at one point, and they not only called in technical help, but updated us when the problem was supposed to have been fixed! Other than that, we were very happy and comfortable here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We are two adults traveling with a young disabled adult in a wheelchair. I called in advance of our stay to see if a handicap room was available that could accomodate the three of us. The response was "no", they had only one handicap accessible room and it had only one bed. But they could provide us with a second adjoining room and together both rooms would be the price of a single room. I understood this to mean that because they were unable to accomodate all three of us and a wheelchair in a single room, that they would provide the second room at no cost. This seemed like an unusualy good deal, but then again, the economy is down and so are occupancy rates, so perhaps this was an incentive for us to choose their lodging over others in the area. Or perhaps they were being particularly accomodating to my disabled daughter. Twice prior to arriving and also upon check-in I verbally confirmed that the total I was paying was for a single room. I signed a single check-in form with the single room amount printed on it and I again asked if this was the total amount due at time of check-out. The answer was "yes". But, upon check-out, all that changed. I was now told that we were paying for both rooms and that the person that checked us in was new and had made a mistake. Not much of an excuse considering the fact that we discussed this with the manager on the phone days in advance and were offered this arrangement at that time. The manager was called in from offsite to resolve the dispute, and we were told summarily that "we had used both rooms and should pay for what we used". Naturally, the manager had no recollection of our telephone conversations in the days prior. I could have stood my ground and insisted that I had signed nothing other than the paperwork for a single room, but I prefered to avoid any escalation of the situation and decided to pay the bill for both rooms and get on with our vacation. I was not rude or unpleasant... I was simply trying to resolve the issue in a business-like manner. But given the outcome and the manner in which I was treated, I will not stay here again and caution any else who does to be certain as to the arrangements made and the price agreed upon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ridgway-Ouray Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!