Booked a 2 night stay off season, Telluride had closed several weeks before and the Ouray hot springs was closed for cleaning so it was quiet in the area. We booked a room but were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite with living room, full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, fireplace and private hot tub on porch. There was also a large hot tub for all guests, exercise room, lobby area with coffee/tea in the morning.
The upgrade was very nice but unfortunately the first evening the couple upstairs returned home drunk and started a screaming fight with lots of thumps and bumps. Since the front desk was closed and I didn't want to leave the room to find the telephone number for the onsite employee I called the police who responded promptly and took care of the matter. It was all quiet after that. The reception staff apologized to us but it was not their fault.
The next night all was quiet so either they checked out or stopped drinking. We woke to snow the day we left and it was beautiful but the ride to Dolores over the pass by Telluride was a little dicey.
There were spa facilitie, steam and sauna we had access to as well.
In season the prices are much higher.
Lots to do in the area, Black Canyon at the Gunnison Natl. Park and several state parks nearby for hiking.
Not really close to Telluride especially in winter weather but close to Ouray. The San Juan Parkway should only be attempted in good weather or with chains and 4WD as the pass from Silverton gets to almost 12,000 feet with few guardrails not for the faint of heart but breathtaking views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a Southwest Colorado Resort and Spa, your adventure travel and Colorado Staycation destination. This adobe-style Colorado Resort and Spa provides luxury boutique hotel lodging with private hot tubs & patios, summer solar heated Pool, Spa, Yoga & Fitness center, steam room, and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chipeta Sun Lodge And Spa
- Chipeta Sun Hotel Ridgway