“Hot Tub with a Killer View” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa

You added Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   304 South Lena Street, Ridgway, CO 81432 (Formerly Chipeta Sun Lodge & Spa)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ridgway B&B and Inns
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Hot Tub with a Killer View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I won a gift certificate for Chipeta at work and had an opportunity to use it to take a long weekend Western Colorado roadtrip (I live in the Denver area). Ridgway is a beautiful, but long, drive from Denver, so I would recommend 3 days or more. We had a condo room, which included a full kitchen - and the grocery store is two blocks away. The public areas of of the lodge are beautiful - they provide coffee every morning and lemonade, ice tea and chocolate chip cookies during the day. The hot tub is huge and has an amazing view of the mountains. If it gets too warm, enjoy a comfortable seat nearby at the firepit.

Ridgway is a jumping off point for day trips to Telluride, Ouray, the Million Dollar Highway to Silverton, and to Montrose and Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The town of Ridgway is small and while we were there they were hosting an art festival in the park which was a quick 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This was my second time staying at Chipeta. The first time I stayed, we had a kiva room with a hot tub and an amazing view. It was a nice stay, so I came back. However, this time we had a condo. It cost 200.00. The condo had no view, no hot tub. The front desk person told me we had a steam shower. So I tried it. It was broken. The tub was literally black around the edges with dirt, there were dead flies in it, the sofa was old and very worn with a huge gash in the fabric, and there were random wires hanging outside the door. I was so very disappointed, and I told the front desk person. She shrugged and said "sorry, the condos are different." This room was not worth the price. I was looking forward to staying in a nice place with a view of the beautiful mountains. This was an incredible and expensive disappointment.

• Stayed August 2012
Glenwood Springs, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed this past weekend at the Chipeta Sun Lodge & Spa and I must say we were both so disappointed. The Queen mattress in our suite desperately needed replacing, we had no hot water one morning, our "Private roof top hot tub", was occupied upon arrival, and is only "private" after 10:30pm, as you'll have an audience next store at the roof top sky bar, and the noise and foot traffic produced by the bar is a whole other complaint...not so private and definitely not worth $195.00 a night. I do need to point out that the staff is friendly, the food and service at Four Corners Cafe is great, the amenities are nice, and the pool and its surrounding scenery is spectacular. Would we return? It's a toss up, given the good service, staff and food...yes, based on comfort of rooms and value...probably not.

Room Tip: Beware of the suite with the "private" roof top hot tub give it's proximity to the Sky...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at Chipeta while traveling to Colorado for a mountain bike trip. What a hidden gem this place is. The place is unusually designed but really cool... Balconies, live trees in the lobby, water fountains...very interesting. My room was kinda hot and stuffy but I made use of the swamp cooler they provided and it chilled out. I enjoyed both the hot tub and the pool after a few long, hot rides. The food at the Four Corners restaurant was really good although the service was a little slow. I also liked that they allowed me to park my car here while on my week long bike trip. Excellent customer service through out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

After a long day of hiking there was nothing better than grabbing a hot chocolate chip cookie and cup of tea, then soaking in the hot mineral pool while witnessing the sun setting over a spectacular mountain backdrop, and wrapping it up with live music while sitting by a fire pit.
Spa services : I don't believe I've ever had such a relaxing massage; the staff was very welcoming and accommodating. The pools & grounds were immaculate.
Located close to several excellent hiking spots, and within walking distance to the most charming of communities and pubs. Perfect for a weary traveler.
The only negative was the window within the room that looked into the bathing area, which was a little awkward for friends who prefer privacy while showering.

• Stayed July 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

For our 9th anniversary, we decided to get away from Denver and enjoy a little time in Ridgway. We stayed in the Canyon Dechelly and it was perfection! Beautiful room, amazing views and, most of all, privacy! You have a fantastic view of the mountains, direct access to the Four Corners Cafe and everything else you would want (private hot tub, spa, pool,etc.) right at your fingertips! Thank you to the friendly staff for making our visit even that much better! I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!

Thanks Chipeta! We hope to make this a yearly tradition, if not more!

Room Tip: Canyon Dechelly...the best of the best!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I recently had a three night getaway here with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed the Chipeta. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and made us feel welcome. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Our private patio with hot tub had a beautiful view of Mt. Sneffels. We enjoyed the self-serve tea and coffee bar, saw the "take a book, leave a book" shelf a bit too late to use, and loved that the Chipeta is within easy walking distance of downtown Ridgway. The Four Corners Cafe at the resort has a wonderful breakfast menu and even better views of the mountains. I'd recommend calling the resort to get the best possible rates instead of relying on internet booking. There was some construction going on at the hotel (improvements to the parking lot and community hot tub), but it never disturbed our visit. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the mountains here and would definitely return!

Room Tip: Check out their website for room descriptions to pick one that fits your needs prior to booking. The...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!