“My Favorite Colorado Hot Springs” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Ridgway
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Almont, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
“My Favorite Colorado Hot Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Have been going to Orvis Hot Springs most of my life, and in that time have never had a bad time. Located just south of the Town of Ridgway, this a clothing optional hot springs. The pools are open to the public in the day, but if you have a room of camp site, you can soak all-night long.

Visited August 2013

Delta, CO
4 attraction reviews
“Bratty kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Today was my first trip to ORVIS. Kept my suit on, but might try taking it off the next time there. Enjoyed all the pools and liked everything, EXCEPT for the uncontrolled spoiled little kids. Such a nice relaxing place to have to tolerate screaming kids. Two little girls, 4-6 yrs old, acting bratty in the women's locker room..with one actually jumping up and down on the counter (law suit looking for a place to happen?). Is there no place sacred for adults anymore?

Visited October 2013
Grand Junction
10 attraction reviews
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We try to get to Orvis six or more times a year, usually for a weekend. My wife enjoys the quiet rooms, free of TVs, she loves to just relax and read. I, on the other hand have AADD and get a little restless. The pools are usually pretty quiet and relaxing. I do not like gawkers (it is clothing optional), but they are to be expected. While they have snacks to purchase and free beverages, it is necessay to bring your own food (you can use their kitchen) or take a short ride to town to eat.

Visited July 2013
Ridgway, CO
“Once wonderful experience, now weird experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Have you ever had one of those experiences that just shouldn't be? Well, unfortunately, I had one today at Orvis Hotsprings. I wanted to schedule a massage with one of their very wonderful massage therapists, and instead of being allowed to do that I was given a lecture about cell phones not being allowed because I mentioned wanting to schedule after the conference call I was about to go into - IN MY CAR IN THE PARKING LOT, and then when I explained my intention to attend my conference call IN MY CAR IN THE PARKING LOT and that I understood the rules of no cell phones (or other electronics) in a naturist resort - I was still not helped to schedule because the person who gave me the lecture had to make a point of how long she had been working there, because I said "Yes, I know about the cell phone rule, I've been a regular here for 5 years." and then she just stood there and stared at me as if I was supposed to acknowledge her long term employment also of 5 years (or her primacy of importance and power?) ... and it was WEIRD... it was like she was getting off on the fact that she had the power NOT to schedule a massage, or not to let me in because I might bring in a cell phone, and that she needed some validation that she was the one who was important and relevant - and I was wrong or guilty for being present as myself in front of her.... there was a hostile and aggressive interpersonal/energetic vibe that made me feel as if Orvis is no longer a safe environment to be naked or otherwise vulnerable or authentic in.... So I left and I don't intend to go back - even though I really want a good massage which I know I can get there, when I am not stopped for my apparently wrong, criminal, rule-breaking intentions(??) I felt attacked and judged for showing up.... and this is not at all like the Orvis I used to visit.

San Francisco, California
21 attraction reviews
“A Pleasure to Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I only stopped here to soak in the hot springs on my way to Telluride from SLC. The springs were nice, they have tons of different pools, with varying temperatures, it was not super expensive for me to soak (I think $10 for up to an hour or 2). I also would like to mention, it is clothing option when soaking and walking around the courtyard. Most of the people there were a bit older (I am 26), but there were some people my age there. It is nice relaxing resort, I believe they offer hotel rooms as accommodations, they also offer sites for tents. There was a sauna there as well. I nice romantic getaway for a couple to get away for a few days. Would definitely return here for a retreat.

Visited June 2013