“Nice Choice for Business” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Nice Choice for Business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Good adjustable office chairs at the desk for working. Breakfast was kept stocked and featured the average items plus biscuits and gravy. Solid wireless. Pool had lots of guests in it and they loved it. Reviews are correct, no stairs into pool. No hot tub. Smoking rooms are first floor, which for me as a smoker is a plus. However, I imagine the smoke filters up to second floor. Housekeeping, after knocking and noticing I was working, offered to either come back later and do full cleaning or restock me in towels, soap, etc. Nice offer - I chose the restock. Front desk staff was friendly. No newspaper in the morning which I really missed. I'll stay here again on business but probably wouldn't for pleasure with the family

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

We booked this Comfort Inn because they had a great room set-up - two double beds and a single bed which would work for our family. Upon arrival we discovered that this room type is only located on the 2nd floor of the hotel and they do not have an elevator. Since our child is in a wheelchair, this obviously wasn't going to work for us. They offered to bring a roll-away bed into a double room but the only rooms they had available on the first floor were all smoking rooms that weren't going to work either, given that our child also has respiratory issues. Heck, I could barely breathe in there. They offered room spray but that really wasn't going to make a difference. The only final offer they had for us was a king room with a roll-away. We ended up staying there the first night and having one of our kids stay with relatives in the area. They were able to move us to a double room with a roll-away the next day. It was a tight squeeze but we didn't really have a choice. The hotel staff really tried to help which is why I gave them a good rating. I give Comfort Inn and this particular hotel a bad rating on this because when we booked the room there was no extra information about the room that would make us think it wasn't completely accessible. There wasn't even information that they didn't have an elevator. It's made me realize that I need to mark in the comments for every hotel that we have a wheelchair in case they don't have an elevator. I wrote to Comfort Inn and received no response.

I will also warn that if you are a non-smoker, I don't think you'd be able to stay in a smoking room in this hotel. I've been in others and this was by far the worst as far as air quality.

The other warning I will give is about the pool (especially to families with small children). The pool is basically a hole in the ground. There are no steps going in - just ladders. We really didn't like it mainly for that reason.

Needless to say, we won't be staying there again and I can't recommend it to anyone let alone a friend. You just never know what room you might end up with.

Windsor, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Comfort in in Pueblo was your standard hotel. Not bad service, not exceptional service. For the value it was great deal. They had security on the parking lot at night and access to the parking lot, resturaunts and interstate were easy. The only really mentionable thing was one of the nighttime managers. Mr Personallity is what we called him. When one of the guest asked about an elevator to the second floor, he told her end of hallway up the stairs. When she came back a second time and asked he said. "I told you, end of the hallway go up the stairs." Not very good customer service.

Other managers and personel were great.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Comfort Inn in Pueblo is very convenient to I-25. Easy in and out. Close to an I-Hop and a Cracker Barrel Restaurant for dining purposes.
We had an oversized room at the end of the building on the second floor. Room very clean, beds were very comfortable, and the microwave/refrigerator were a nice feature though we didn't use the microwave. Nice and quiet even though it is close to the interstate. Room rate was a good value.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
MidWest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Stayed one night on business. Booked room directly with the hotel on the phone. The male who took my reservation was rude and pushy. He seemed to be in a big hurry and was extremely impatient with me. I probably should have complained, but I blew it off. I can't remember the exact rate I paid, but I want to say it was around $70, which was pretty good.

Check in was pleasant, and my the female clerk was very nice. I had initially asked for a room with a view of the parking lot (I have a vehicle with very expensive items inside), and was given a room with a view of the street. The clerk changed my room and let me approve it prior to accepting, which was very nice.

The room was clean enough, nothing bad at all. Very basic, but adequate. The A/C worked good, internet was acceptable. Considering the streets adjacent to the hotel are VERY busy, and, I-25 is just a few yards away, the hotel was quiet enough. The A/C drowned out what little noise there was.

The only thing I didn't really like about this hotel is the very small parking lot is shared by several businesses. I noticed people walking about in the lot and/or crossing the parking lot quite a bit throughout the evening, which worried be a bit. I would prefer a hotel with it's own parking lot and not a bunch of people walking around/through. But, I strategically parked near the front door early in the evening, and due to this, was not too worried about my car being broken into. The parking area near the front door is VERY small, and there is a bigger area on the side of the hotel that you more or less cannot see from most of the rooms, and there is a dirt lot on the south side of the hotel. The parking setup is pretty lousy, but if you are not concerned about your car, don't worry about this.

Another minor item for me, but potentially a major item for others, is this hotel does not have an elevator. This could be a major issue for someone older or in bad shape, etc. Keep this in mind if you don't do well climbing stairs. There simply isn't an elevator, which is kind of odd.

I caught the tail end of the breakfast, and only had a couple of hard boiled eggs. Not bad. The coffee was good.

Overall, it was a decent stay, and I would probably stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night, and judging by the parking lot when we left, so did everyone else. Check in was easy, the rate was fairly inexpensive ($90 for non-smoking), and parking was easy and close to the room. When we entered our room though, we were overwhelmed by the smell of smoke. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the hotel charges a $10 premium for non-smoking rooms. Since we paid more, we expected the room to be smoke free. We called the front desk and asked for a different room but were told that if it was such a problem we could "pick up some air freshener at the front desk."

Other than the smell that we eventually just got used to, the room was clean and accommodating. Nothing fancy, just a very standard hotel room with a microwave and a mini-fridge. We had their breakfast the next morning, as this was a selling point for us traveling with a small child. The breakfast was quite underwhelming and just about everything served was brown. There was toast, muffins, biscuits with sausage gravy, frosted flakes, rice krispies, raisin bran, hard boiled eggs, a waffle iron, coffee, milk, and orange juice. There wasn't any fruit, nor anything else that might make the breakfast more appealing than the standard fare - a perfect metaphor for the state of this hotel as a whole.

We went for a quick swim before leaving and found the pool area to be quite clean. The water was warmer than a normal hotel pool but not quite as warm as a hot tub would be. The only complaint we had about the pool was that the combined chlorine seemed really high, as all of us left with stinging, red eyes.

When we checked out we again told the woman at the front desk about the smoke smell in the room, hoping that we might get the $10 back that we spent on the non-smoking room. We were told that "the maids should have said something about the smoke smell so that the people before you could have been charged for smoking in that room." I don't care if it's the maid's fault, and I certainly don't care what you charge previous patrons, I just want to know that I'm getting the room that I request at an agreed upon price.

Overall, the Comfort Inn was fine for one night, but we wouldn't stay here again.

Aurora, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Believe the reviews on this one---this is one of the best hotels we have ever slept in! Our room was big, spotlessly clean, with comfortable beds, nice linens, good showers, and good selection for breakfast. We didn't swim (the pool was crowded when we had time) but this hotel more than met our expectations. An extra plus: When we travel with our 3 kids, many hotels sort of squeeze us into a room designed for 4 visitors. Our room in Pueblo had 2 queens and a twin, and there were plenty of towels and extra linens so we didn't have to go begging. The hotel is right on the interstate, but very quiet. Staff was cheerful and helpful with suggestions and directions for restaurants and attractions. Great stay, especially for $99+ tax!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Pueblo? Share your experiences!