“Not Bad. Decent.” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
MidWest
“Not Bad. Decent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Stayed one night on business. Booked room directly with the hotel on the phone. The male who took my reservation was rude and pushy. He seemed to be in a big hurry and was extremely impatient with me. I probably should have complained, but I blew it off. I can't remember the exact rate I paid, but I want to say it was around $70, which was pretty good.

Check in was pleasant, and my the female clerk was very nice. I had initially asked for a room with a view of the parking lot (I have a vehicle with very expensive items inside), and was given a room with a view of the street. The clerk changed my room and let me approve it prior to accepting, which was very nice.

The room was clean enough, nothing bad at all. Very basic, but adequate. The A/C worked good, internet was acceptable. Considering the streets adjacent to the hotel are VERY busy, and, I-25 is just a few yards away, the hotel was quiet enough. The A/C drowned out what little noise there was.

The only thing I didn't really like about this hotel is the very small parking lot is shared by several businesses. I noticed people walking about in the lot and/or crossing the parking lot quite a bit throughout the evening, which worried be a bit. I would prefer a hotel with it's own parking lot and not a bunch of people walking around/through. But, I strategically parked near the front door early in the evening, and due to this, was not too worried about my car being broken into. The parking area near the front door is VERY small, and there is a bigger area on the side of the hotel that you more or less cannot see from most of the rooms, and there is a dirt lot on the south side of the hotel. The parking setup is pretty lousy, but if you are not concerned about your car, don't worry about this.

Another minor item for me, but potentially a major item for others, is this hotel does not have an elevator. This could be a major issue for someone older or in bad shape, etc. Keep this in mind if you don't do well climbing stairs. There simply isn't an elevator, which is kind of odd.

I caught the tail end of the breakfast, and only had a couple of hard boiled eggs. Not bad. The coffee was good.

Overall, it was a decent stay, and I would probably stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night, and judging by the parking lot when we left, so did everyone else. Check in was easy, the rate was fairly inexpensive ($90 for non-smoking), and parking was easy and close to the room. When we entered our room though, we were overwhelmed by the smell of smoke. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the hotel charges a $10 premium for non-smoking rooms. Since we paid more, we expected the room to be smoke free. We called the front desk and asked for a different room but were told that if it was such a problem we could "pick up some air freshener at the front desk."

Other than the smell that we eventually just got used to, the room was clean and accommodating. Nothing fancy, just a very standard hotel room with a microwave and a mini-fridge. We had their breakfast the next morning, as this was a selling point for us traveling with a small child. The breakfast was quite underwhelming and just about everything served was brown. There was toast, muffins, biscuits with sausage gravy, frosted flakes, rice krispies, raisin bran, hard boiled eggs, a waffle iron, coffee, milk, and orange juice. There wasn't any fruit, nor anything else that might make the breakfast more appealing than the standard fare - a perfect metaphor for the state of this hotel as a whole.

We went for a quick swim before leaving and found the pool area to be quite clean. The water was warmer than a normal hotel pool but not quite as warm as a hot tub would be. The only complaint we had about the pool was that the combined chlorine seemed really high, as all of us left with stinging, red eyes.

When we checked out we again told the woman at the front desk about the smoke smell in the room, hoping that we might get the $10 back that we spent on the non-smoking room. We were told that "the maids should have said something about the smoke smell so that the people before you could have been charged for smoking in that room." I don't care if it's the maid's fault, and I certainly don't care what you charge previous patrons, I just want to know that I'm getting the room that I request at an agreed upon price.

Overall, the Comfort Inn was fine for one night, but we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Aurora, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Believe the reviews on this one---this is one of the best hotels we have ever slept in! Our room was big, spotlessly clean, with comfortable beds, nice linens, good showers, and good selection for breakfast. We didn't swim (the pool was crowded when we had time) but this hotel more than met our expectations. An extra plus: When we travel with our 3 kids, many hotels sort of squeeze us into a room designed for 4 visitors. Our room in Pueblo had 2 queens and a twin, and there were plenty of towels and extra linens so we didn't have to go begging. The hotel is right on the interstate, but very quiet. Staff was cheerful and helpful with suggestions and directions for restaurants and attractions. Great stay, especially for $99+ tax!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We booked this room on line and didn't realize we had booked a smoking room.
When we arrived checked-in and went to our room we were surprised that it smelt bad.
We asked for a non-smoking room and were informed that there is a (non-smoking) charge or $10.00.
This seems crazy.
Aren't the majority of people non-smokers?
In Colorado it's a state law that a person cannot smoke in public places.
The hotel is Ok and the price is Ok - - but the fact that we had to pay a $10.00 "upgrade" for a non-smoking room is a bit irratating.
Also the pool had an incredible amount of chlorine - pretty strong.
Non-the-less, I would recommend the hotel to a friend - - but tell them not to expect to pay the same rate as a (smoker) and don't expect to stick their head under the water while swimming.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Midland, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn for four nights while visiting family in Pueblo. Before booking this hotel, I checked the reviews here on Trip Advisor, and that was a wise decision! This is an excellent hotel for the money. Nice and clean, cozy beds, and a friendly staff. Housekeeping checked with me every afternoon to ask if I needed anything, which I didn't, since the staff always did a nice job of cleaning my room every morning. As a woman traveling solo, I felt safe and comfortable here, with no concerns whatsoever. I was able to book a room with three beds ( two queens and a single) so that local family members could stay over and visit. I have never seen a room like that in another hotel, and it was great! Lots of space if you're traveling with children.The pool is a bit small but we were the only ones using it while I was there. The continental breakfast is not huge either, but everything was fresh and the room was spotless. This hotel is also in a convenient location, right off I25, near shopping and restaurants, some within walking distance. Not a totally scenic area and somewhat busy, but the hotel was nice and quiet. The only real downfall: no elevator to the second floor, so if you have an upper room, you have to haul your bags up the stairs. I just considered it exercise! I will definitely book this hotel again and I recommend others do the same. I saved a lot of money on accommodations by staying here (at a corporate rate) and was able to spend the money I saved by having fun in Pueblo!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
ARNOLD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stopped "early" after 14 hours of driving with out a reservation. Just picked at random. This was a tremendous surprise at a tremendous value. Clean comfortable rooms! Just really pleased!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

When driving from one part of the country to another, we want a hotel that's clean, quiet & cheap. Clean and quiet are more important than price. Lucky for us, this property delivered on all three.

Nice rooms. Very clean. Quite. And a REAL bargain. Desk clerk whas helpful and friendly. We'd certainly stay here again.

Small things to consider: (1) The breakfast room is small and the fare is simpler than at some other hotels. It had what we like but those expecting eggs, bacon, etc., may be disappointed. During busy times when the hotel is filled, this room may not easily accommodate all guests. (2) At many, many hotels the room air conditioner sounds like a helicopter each time the compressor cycles on. This is one of those hotels. I dealt with this by having the fan on but the air conditioner off. Sound sleepers probably aren't bothered by compressor noise, but in most hotels I am.

Potentially an important consideration: In planning this trip and reading Trip Advisor reviews for hotels in other cities, there were reports of car break-ins in hotel parking lots. We adjusted our plans because of such reports. When checking in, I asked, "What kind of parking lot trouble has there been here?" The clerk responded, "We've never had any trouble. The lot is well lighted, we're in a heavily traveled area and there are security patrols from 10 PM to 5 AM.

I found his words reassuring, and the hotel had another trouble free day.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Pueblo? Share your experiences!