“Stay was fine...it was what happened after.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 26 hotels in Pueblo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Stay was fine...it was what happened after.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

So the room was fine. Clean and inviting when we arrived at 11:30 at night. They had the typical breakfast laid out in the morning, we ate and left early to get back on the road.

I recieved my credit card bill a month later only to find we had been charged $325 for smoking in a non smoking room. So let me tell you that none of us smoke so that was news to me. I contacted the hotel manager who was very snippy and unhelpful. He insisted that the maid had reported the room as smelling like smoke and that was the bottom line.

I contacted corporate who was equally unhelpful. I reported it to my CC company who opened a dispute over the charge. The cust serv rep at the CC company said that it's almost impossible b/c it's a he said/she said deal and hotels usually win b/c the CC companies don't like to anger large hotel chains.

Long story short, my hubby called and schmoozed someone in corporate, reminded them that we have stayed there several times with no incident, and the charges were reversed.

I won't be staying at any more Comfort Inn's in the future. I was disgusted by the attitude of the local & corporate people as well as the huge sum they charged. I felt like they only cared about the cash and nothing for the customers.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
MidWest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here 3 years ago (see review), and everything from that review pretty much stands. See pics of my room.

Bottom line folks. This is a modest motel, but is kept clean and is not slacking in any areas.

$59 bucks for a single king room is a darn good deal. You pay any cheaper than that and you drop down into the Motel 6 range.

No problems during this stay. The only thing that bothered me was they did not put my receipt under my door during the night. This caused me to be delayed by a few minutes when leaving, and I was in a hurry.

Pretty much everything was good. 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4. You'll be fine if you stay there, as long as you can handle not having an elevator.

The only thing I would suggest is to park your car as close to the front door as possible. I wouldn't park on the side or back because the parking lot is shared by other businesses, and is less secure due to this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lompoc, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I like to always start out with max points and then deduct for any flaws. Just like with tipping, you start at 20% and work your way down with any issues, so as you can see from the 5 rating, I didnt have anything to complain about. Even though I had arguably the worst room in the house(literally 7 steps from the front desk to my room), I slept well. The room was a little over-scented with whatever they use, but it wore off quickly and had a normal smell after a few hours. The front desk, well all of the staff, really, couldnt have been friendlier, and isnt that really what makes the best atmosphere, friendly people? The breakfast was nothing to scoff at, either, with warm sausage and eggs and an assortment of breads(muffins, biscuits, crossaints, donuts), cereal and fruit.

So all of my major pet peeves in a hotel were satisfied: clean, friendly, good free breakfast and free internet. The only other thing I couldve wanted is a workout room, but I knew they didnt have one when I went here, so I wasnt surprised.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel was very clean. As other reviewers have mentioned, the breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. The two-queen room was a little snug for our family of four with multiple suitcases, but on long vacations we tend to run into that quite a bit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Comfort Inn, Pueblo, CO. is right off the Interstate. Rooms were clean and in good condition and contained a microwave, fridge and flat-screen TV. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient (when his nose wasn't buried in his phone). Indoor pool was clean and accomodating. Breakfast was great as it included eggs and meat (can't stand those hotels that only serve cereal and pastries). As others stated, there are LOTS of restaurants nearby so one can find anything they want to eat. Would definitely choose this hotel again if I was in the area!

Room Tip: Rooms above pool area could be a little noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very clean hotel. Breakfast was well stocked. Employees were very friendly and helpful. Location is convenient to highway - but did not hear any traffic noise from our room. Price was excellent - would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brainerd, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The reason I mentioned restaurants is because we asked the guy at the front desk what was nearby and he mentioned IHOP and two others we'd never heard of....walked out the door and saw CRACKER BARREL practically across the street and maybe 5 other places within walking distance that he didn't mention! Honestly that's the only thing I remember about this place except that the breakfast was good, the beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. Certainly no complaints. Would stop here again.

Room Tip: Check the area restaurants online rather than asking at the front desk. :)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Pueblo? Share your experiences!