“GREAT VALUE AND SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Denver, Colorado
“GREAT VALUE AND SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I Checked in after a long day of travel with my family. Upon check in the front desk staff ( jhon) was friendly, helpful, and made the check in process easy. The price was great, the room was clean and the breakfast was excellent. I was very impressed by the gold awards four years in a row.The motel may be small but it has emaculant. Owners are doing a great job.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Luis Valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My first impression of the hotel was it looked nice from the outside but mom always told me never judge a book by its cover. Upon entering I noticed cameras everywhere, when the owner came to the front desk I told him I had booked a hotel and told him the website I gave him my itinerary number and he insisted on charging me. It was about this time that alarms of get out were going off in my head but I not listen. After he charged my card we went to our room and could not help but notice there was really no handicap accessibility which is huge given my grandfather is blind and stairs really do not agree with him, thankfully he was not on this trip. When we got in the room the air conditioner was going off which made an already cold day even colder. After we got settle in we decided to go check out the pool, with signs everywhere saying to go to the front desk for towels I thought they may have better towels suited for pool use instead there but instead was given paper like towels. When we got to the pool it was dirty and looked like it had not been drained in some time. When we finished with the pool the room had still not warmed up. When I looked at the bed I noticed four pillows to a bed and was pleasantly surprised till I got in bed and used the pillows I ended up using my bag as a pillow. The beds felt like cold hard rocks and ended up having to take a pain killer the next day. In the middle of the night a loud banging woke my wife and me, thankfully it did not rouse my two year old. This banging lasted for about 15 minutes. Breakfast one of the reasons I chose this motel was terrible. Boiled eggs were offered which were undercooked and sub par quality given the sleepless night a cup of coffee would have been nice thank goodness a coffee shop was near by. When I got home I checked my bank statement and noticed I had been double charged big surprise. I contacted the hotel and talked to the owner who was hard enough to understand in person let alone on the phone was rude and did not handle the situation well at all. I ended up contacting who I booked through to take care of the double charge and it was taken care of. Will never stay here again the interstate looks more appealing now. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Spend the extra few dollars and have a better time then we did.

Room Tip: Cheap is not always the best
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Colorado City, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

The man who owns this franchise is the devil reincarnate. He is rude and obnoxious. He is mean and treats people like dirt.

Yes, the place is clean. But in the spirit of people who do not support businesses with horrible customer service, please do not do business with this man. Please support any other Pueblo hotel.

If you like to be yelled at and treated like a criminal, by all means stay here. I will vote with my dollar! As a result of my last horrible experience, I will NEVER stay at an EconoLodge again! (I think I may have post traumatic stress disorder after this visit!)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were doing a family road-trip, and decided to stay on the cheap. What a surprise!!! This place is great. The staff take great pride in their property. Everything is clean & well-maintained. The rooms are quite basic, but comfortable and more than sufficient for a family on the go. Rates were excellent. Breakfast was great, and the internet access was fast. Kiddo really enjoyed the indoor pool, and I enjoyed the hot tub. Thanks to the staff for a great stay in a great property! This makes Econo Lodge look good!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Yankton, SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Very good value @ $69.00 including taxes and breakfast. 4 pillows for each comfortable queen bed. Check in was a bit slow, but friendly. Located adjacent to the interstate near many restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

So there door says no pets,,but come in and ask. I made the error of going into ask,and was allowed to stay with a 30.00 deposit.When the owner or maybe manger came in to check the room, it was like if I was in a prison, and he was checking to see if I had anything bad in the room..I was not happy with the breakfast, and towels were small and thin. If your used to bad customer service,, stay here. But if you like a smile, and a helpful person, good luck!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed with my family for one awful night and was woken to strangers walking into our room at 11 p.m.! They apologetically stated that they were given a key for that room. After we bolted the door, again, someone tried to get into our room not five minutes later! I called the front desk and the person apologized (it was he who tried to get in the second time...without KNOCKING or CALLING first).

The next morning when I went to check out, the same, second person that tried to get into our room was at the desk. Turns out, it was the OWNER who didn't knock before barging in after 11 p.m. I stated that I would not pay for one room (we had two) and he proceeded to go on and on about how it was MY FAULT that there was mix up because I changed rooms (which I did not)! I tried to tell him that it didn't need to be an argument but he continued to interrupt and argue. He told me that he was a Christian and a Deacon...very strange...and not very reassuring to me. Obviously, the man has had issues in the past (as seen here on these reviews) and just doesn't get it. He ended up taking $20 off my room rate but he used a higher rate than we were originally quoted when we made the reservation so we ended up paying more in the end.

DON'T STAY HERE. THE GUY IS CRAZY. I understand mistakes happen, but if they do, they will become an unnecessarily larger problem because this place does not take responsibility for them. NOT WORTH IT!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!