“GREAT VALUE, GREAT STAFF, GREAT INDOOR POOL” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 26 hotels in Pueblo
“GREAT VALUE, GREAT STAFF, GREAT INDOOR POOL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were doing a family road-trip, and decided to stay on the cheap. What a surprise!!! This place is great. The staff take great pride in their property. Everything is clean & well-maintained. The rooms are quite basic, but comfortable and more than sufficient for a family on the go. Rates were excellent. Breakfast was great, and the internet access was fast. Kiddo really enjoyed the indoor pool, and I enjoyed the hot tub. Thanks to the staff for a great stay in a great property! This makes Econo Lodge look good!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Yankton, SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Very good value @ $69.00 including taxes and breakfast. 4 pillows for each comfortable queen bed. Check in was a bit slow, but friendly. Located adjacent to the interstate near many restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

So there door says no pets,,but come in and ask. I made the error of going into ask,and was allowed to stay with a 30.00 deposit.When the owner or maybe manger came in to check the room, it was like if I was in a prison, and he was checking to see if I had anything bad in the room..I was not happy with the breakfast, and towels were small and thin. If your used to bad customer service,, stay here. But if you like a smile, and a helpful person, good luck!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed with my family for one awful night and was woken to strangers walking into our room at 11 p.m.! They apologetically stated that they were given a key for that room. After we bolted the door, again, someone tried to get into our room not five minutes later! I called the front desk and the person apologized (it was he who tried to get in the second time...without KNOCKING or CALLING first).

The next morning when I went to check out, the same, second person that tried to get into our room was at the desk. Turns out, it was the OWNER who didn't knock before barging in after 11 p.m. I stated that I would not pay for one room (we had two) and he proceeded to go on and on about how it was MY FAULT that there was mix up because I changed rooms (which I did not)! I tried to tell him that it didn't need to be an argument but he continued to interrupt and argue. He told me that he was a Christian and a Deacon...very strange...and not very reassuring to me. Obviously, the man has had issues in the past (as seen here on these reviews) and just doesn't get it. He ended up taking $20 off my room rate but he used a higher rate than we were originally quoted when we made the reservation so we ended up paying more in the end.

DON'T STAY HERE. THE GUY IS CRAZY. I understand mistakes happen, but if they do, they will become an unnecessarily larger problem because this place does not take responsibility for them. NOT WORTH IT!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I travel frequently for my business and stay in hotels weeks at a time. I have never received such rude treatment anywhere. I booked one week at the Econo Lodge; two days before my original checkout date, I extended my stay for another week. The manager said I was all set. I then called hotel the morning of my original checkout date to confirm I was booked, and they said I was. Later that day I extended my room key for the following week.

At 11pm (not a typo), I was woken up by the phone. The manager called and said I needed to come to the office immediately. I inquired why, and he said I needed to sign the paperwork for the following week's stay. I asked if I could take care of this in the morning, and they said no. I texplained how I called or came into their office 3 different times to take care of my extension, and did not appreciate being woken up. I went down to the office, signed the paperwork, and asked for the managers name who called me and also the name of the owner (who instructed the manager to call me.) As soon as I asked for the owner's name, he said, "You get out of here. I call police." LOL! Yes, I wish there was more to the story, but he threatened to call the police because I asked for his name. I said fine, I will leave, but need a refund for the week that I paid for. He would not give me a refund until I paid a much higher nightly rate for the night I wasn't even going to be spending there.

For all that is holy in this world, PLEASE do not support this business...PLEASE!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
DelNorte Co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I recently stayed at the econo lodge in Pueblo colorado when i arrived i was greeted by the owner.He was a very nice man. He was respectful to my family.We got to talking were he told me he was in th US Army and now a veitnam vetern and had been in the US for 36 years.I told him it was an honor to meet him because he fought for our country.When we checked into the room it was great.when i came to the front desk to get pool towels I noticed the gold award hanging in the lobby.I asked him about it he said it was from choice hotels for maintence and customer service for 2008-2009. which he said he does the maitenace. Room was spacious,clean, and well maintained.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I cannot complain about the room or any other aspect of the hotel except for the owner/manager. The room was clean, tastefully furnished and the bed was comfortable. Internet service was available and the breakfast was adequate. There was a discrepancy with the rate that we had received on-line and what the hotel wanted to charge us. The owner/manager was not interested in our paperwork or anything else we had to say, claimed his computer was down and he could not check our rate on-line. If we did not agree to his rate he would show us as a late cancellation and charge us accordingly. Choice hotels resolved our issue and we did receive the rate we believed we were entitled to, but I will never return to this hotel. Frankly, his behavior ruined any positive feelings we had regarding the hotel and made the duration of our stay uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!