“Business as usual” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4001 N. Elizabeth, Pueblo, CO 81008 (Formerly Pueblo Inn and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 25 hotels in Pueblo
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Business as usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I found the "Clarion" to be a very staff friendly clean and quite. It has a nice indoor pool that is 9 foot deep, hot tub and game room,lots of food and things to do close by. The Clarion is very convenient and located close to everything! I believe you will be pleased with your stay.

Room Tip: I liked the south end of the building down stairs,it had a door that led to the inside hall and a do...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write your review. Although not always perfect, we always strive to make our guests feel comfortable. Thank you for staying with us. It was our pleasure having you here. Hopefully, you will be able to visit us again, if so, please ask for me so I can thank your personally.

Dennis L. patrick
Dir. of operations

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The staff and hospitality of this hotel was very much appreciated by my family and so many others who evacuated Colorado Springs, CO, during the last week in June. It was truly a calm and pleasant evironment with a staff who was very helpful with our concerns. Despite many other booking for a previously scheduled conference they "found a way" to accomodate us.

The breakfast was also superb ... waffles, eggs, potatoes, juice, milk, ... all tasted great.
I would highly recommend this location if you're considering staying there.

Room Tip: Great service and the price was a great value!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
You have my whole staffs gratitude for your letter. I shared it with the staff this morning, one of whom had relatives who ived in the fire zone area. It was definately our pleasure to help you. It is our companys posture to help whenever the community is going through difficult times. There were some hotels that took advantage of raising their rates, we refused to do so. It is guests such as you with your comments that make this job completely worthwhile and reminds me why I still persevere at it. It was a busy time since we are popular with sports teams and I am glad we could accommodate you and the many others who came here. Thank you as well for the comments about the restaurant, we take pride in our breakfast and are one of the top rated Clarions in the restaurant division. My appreciation also go out for the guests arriving who volunteered to give up their reservation and keep driving so we could help those who were victims of the evacuation. God bless them.

Dennis L. Patrick
Director of Operations
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I walked into the lobby and was pleasantly surprised how nice everything is and the staff was very friendly. My room was in a separate building, which I was surprised to see was unlocked. There is a card reader to get inside the building that was broken and the door was just open. The room was clean, very comfy bed, great AC and it was a great sleep. The breakfast was FANTASTIC! At first I was sketched out, but don't just a book by its cover.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments on the Clarion Inn. It is always a true pleasure when someone is honest in their critique and comments. Over 95% of our comments are how the guests are pleased with the staff and accommodations. The exit doors are in process of being fixed, we are waiting for parts to complete the process. It was a pleasure having you here and I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We offer the most choices than any hotel in Pueblo. We have a lot of local residents who frequent breakfast her as well due to the price and quality of the food. thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

What can you say about Pueblo Co. Small town, everyone is super friendly. I was traveling for work, stayed at this hotel a few nights. Rooms are nice, bed was comfy and there is a little bar inside the hotel as well. All in all if I go back to Puelbo I would stay here again. Oh and everything is pretty close by, food, mall, movies and the freeway. Chillis is up the street, there is also a gas station, 7 Eleven, Taco Bell, McDonalds you name it all within a 1/4 mile.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and referral to the Clarion Inn. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you in such a positive way. The location is ideal, especially for the busy traveler. Having a full service hotel makes it convenient one stop stay. Lounge, restaurant and huge indoor pool makes it a convenient stay.

Again, thank you for your time.

Dennis L. Patrick
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Yes the hotel is dated, but that can be forgiven. It was the filth & maintenance problems that were inexcusable.

* Room door broken. Couldn't get it open even after repeated attempts. Walked all the way back to front desk. The desk clerk came back with me and showed me their "trick" to open it. After inserting the card key, you had to repeatedly lift the handle up & down very quickly, put your shoulder into it, and finally kick the the door open... each time. When I pointed out that this was absurd. He shrugged his shoulders, said "It worked, right?" No apologies, no offer for another room, and no timetable the fix the door. He bid me good night and walked back to the desk.

* AC was a joke. It was crazy hot when I finally got into the room. I set AC to 65F. It howled like a vacuum cleaner for about an hour and then itself shut off. Problem was... it was still at least 80F+ in the room. This pattern repeated all night.

* Tried to call front desk, but telephone had no dial town. While investigating problem, I noticed what looked like coffee had been spilled all over the phone. It was filthy and sticky (see other issues below.) Went to front desk again to complain. They said "OK, I'll mark that one down." Again, no apologies, no offer for another room, and no timetable for replacement phone.

* After washing my hands from the phone experience (literally!), I took a more careful look around the room. It was filthy dirty. The housekeeper obviously hadn't cleaned a thing in quite a while. There was a sheen of grime on the table, dresser, and window. The bathroom tiles had scum across them and the grout had mold. There were stains on the floor, walls, and bed covers. Didn't want to touch another thing in the room.

Would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Consider bringing your own cleaning solution and rags!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments about the Clarion. I am a little surprized that one of my staff would be so discourteous. I have included my email below if you would be so kind to send me the date and time you checked in so I can take appropriate action and correct the employee involved. Also, I inspect rooms in addition to my housekeeper so I am curious as to what room you stayed in so I can research to find the housekeeper and inspectress involved. I appreciate you taking the time for your comments. We take pride in our operation and have a 95% success rate. I want to insure we stay at that high level.

Again, thank you for your time in responding.

Dennis l. Patrick, GM
dennislpatrick4@msn.com
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here with my wife, three kids and a dog. THey stayed behind while I went to a meeting. The check-in was fine, but my agent said that he pre-paid and they had no record of that. They charged extra for the dog and a roll-away bed so in the end the room was more expensive than I expected. The rooms look like old motel rooms with doors to the parking lot. This was fine with me since we could take the dog in and out without going through the hallways. Strangely, the doors to the outside didn't open up with the key, so you could really only use them to go out unless you propped them open. It was very hot the day we were there and the AC struggled to keep the room cool. The room itself was clean, but standard motel variety with a small bathroom. My kids used the pool while I was away. It was large, but despite the 100 degree temps outside the pool was so cold that they couldn't use it and the hot tub was too hot for them. For travellers with dogs, they have a 'dog walk' which was a 20 foot area on the side of the curb (not fenced in) with a plastic fire hydrant. The breakfast the next morning was in a relatively spacious dining room but really only had eggs, bacon, and cereal. It was OK, but nothing to write home about. This place was fine for travelling on a budget, but maybe a bit expensive for what it offers. There are many restarants close and a K-Mart across the street. Internet was included.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments about the Clarion Inn. We apologize for the confusion of the prepayment. Sometimes, unfortunately, wether it is though agents or 3rd party websites, information can be left out. I assume the problem was rectified. We do advertise we are pet friendly and the extra charge is normal with most hotels. I verified the pool temperature and we raised the thermostat. We have recenly replaced the thermostat to avoid any future issues with temperature. I have personally addressed the other comments. We do carry a full hot breakfast, it may have been a time where they were in progress of replacing empty pans. Our mistake for not making the transition quicker.

Thank you again for your visit and comments.

Dennis L. Patrick, GM
windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

We had our Class reunion at the Clarion Inn. Dennis and his crew were wonderful! We had more people than we expected show up and the staff were wonderful and accommodating! We had our reunion here as it was a one stop shop. Dennis and Wade along with the staff are awesome!!

• Stayed June 2012
I also had a great time pulling off this reunion. Your planning committee was one of the best I have worked with in 32 years. It was 8 months of planning, emails and visits. It was well worth the fun. I was glad I could accommodate the "extras" that wanted to stay that evening. My staff enjoyed the group as.

It was sure fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis L. Patrick, GM

Been to Clarion Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!