Yes the hotel is dated, but that can be forgiven. It was the filth & maintenance problems that were inexcusable.
* Room door broken. Couldn't get it open even after repeated attempts. Walked all the way back to front desk. The desk clerk came back with me and showed me their "trick" to open it. After inserting the card key, you had to repeatedly lift the handle up & down very quickly, put your shoulder into it, and finally kick the the door open... each time. When I pointed out that this was absurd. He shrugged his shoulders, said "It worked, right?" No apologies, no offer for another room, and no timetable the fix the door. He bid me good night and walked back to the desk.
* AC was a joke. It was crazy hot when I finally got into the room. I set AC to 65F. It howled like a vacuum cleaner for about an hour and then itself shut off. Problem was... it was still at least 80F+ in the room. This pattern repeated all night.
* Tried to call front desk, but telephone had no dial town. While investigating problem, I noticed what looked like coffee had been spilled all over the phone. It was filthy and sticky (see other issues below.) Went to front desk again to complain. They said "OK, I'll mark that one down." Again, no apologies, no offer for another room, and no timetable for replacement phone.
* After washing my hands from the phone experience (literally!), I took a more careful look around the room. It was filthy dirty. The housekeeper obviously hadn't cleaned a thing in quite a while. There was a sheen of grime on the table, dresser, and window. The bathroom tiles had scum across them and the grout had mold. There were stains on the floor, walls, and bed covers. Didn't want to touch another thing in the room.
Would NOT stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clarion Inn(R) hotel is located at the intersection of Interstate 25 and U.S. Highway 50, offering easy access to a variety of Pueblo and Southern Colorado locations and attractions including: Colorado State University-Pueblo, the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo, Lake Pueblo State Park, Pueblo Convention Center, the Colorado State Fair Grounds, Pueblo Industrial Park, Pueblo Motorsports Park, Royal Gorge,and Bent's Fort in La Junta and the internationally known Chile and Frijole Festival held every September.The Colorado Springs Airport is a short 30-minute drive, and the Pueblo Airport is a ten minute drive and offers daily shuttle flights to Denver International Airport. The hotel is conveniently located nearby to several national chain and local restaurants, as well as an onsite restaurant.Meeting room space is available for small and large events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Clarion Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn And Conference Center
- Clarion Hotel Pueblo
- Clarion Pueblo
- Pueblo Clarion