Yes the hotel is dated, but that can be forgiven. It was the filth & maintenance problems that were inexcusable.
* Room door broken. Couldn't get it open even after repeated attempts. Walked all the way back to front desk. The desk clerk came back with me and showed me their "trick" to open it. After inserting the card key, you had to repeatedly lift the handle up & down very quickly, put your shoulder into it, and finally kick the the door open... each time. When I pointed out that this was absurd. He shrugged his shoulders, said "It worked, right?" No apologies, no offer for another room, and no timetable the fix the door. He bid me good night and walked back to the desk.
* AC was a joke. It was crazy hot when I finally got into the room. I set AC to 65F. It howled like a vacuum cleaner for about an hour and then itself shut off. Problem was... it was still at least 80F+ in the room. This pattern repeated all night.
* Tried to call front desk, but telephone had no dial town. While investigating problem, I noticed what looked like coffee had been spilled all over the phone. It was filthy and sticky (see other issues below.) Went to front desk again to complain. They said "OK, I'll mark that one down." Again, no apologies, no offer for another room, and no timetable for replacement phone.
* After washing my hands from the phone experience (literally!), I took a more careful look around the room. It was filthy dirty. The housekeeper obviously hadn't cleaned a thing in quite a while. There was a sheen of grime on the table, dresser, and window. The bathroom tiles had scum across them and the grout had mold. There were stains on the floor, walls, and bed covers. Didn't want to touch another thing in the room.
Would NOT stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel
- Clarion Inn And Conference Center
- Clarion Hotel Pueblo
- Clarion Pueblo
- Pueblo Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated and under new ownership, the property offers a great full breakfast included in the rate, close to CSU, Pueblo Chemical Depot, SERTC, Downtown Historic Pueblo, with our great HARP River Walk. Within blocks of 7 full service restaurants and several fast food businesses. Offering ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Clarion Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.