“A bit dated, but not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4001 N. Elizabeth, Pueblo, CO 81008 (Formerly Pueblo Inn and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Parker, Colorado
“A bit dated, but not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here with my wife, three kids and a dog. THey stayed behind while I went to a meeting. The check-in was fine, but my agent said that he pre-paid and they had no record of that. They charged extra for the dog and a roll-away bed so in the end the room was more expensive than I expected. The rooms look like old motel rooms with doors to the parking lot. This was fine with me since we could take the dog in and out without going through the hallways. Strangely, the doors to the outside didn't open up with the key, so you could really only use them to go out unless you propped them open. It was very hot the day we were there and the AC struggled to keep the room cool. The room itself was clean, but standard motel variety with a small bathroom. My kids used the pool while I was away. It was large, but despite the 100 degree temps outside the pool was so cold that they couldn't use it and the hot tub was too hot for them. For travellers with dogs, they have a 'dog walk' which was a 20 foot area on the side of the curb (not fenced in) with a plastic fire hydrant. The breakfast the next morning was in a relatively spacious dining room but really only had eggs, bacon, and cereal. It was OK, but nothing to write home about. This place was fine for travelling on a budget, but maybe a bit expensive for what it offers. There are many restarants close and a K-Mart across the street. Internet was included.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments about the Clarion Inn. We apologize for the confusion of the prepayment. Sometimes, unfortunately, wether it is though agents or 3rd party websites, information can be left out. I assume the problem was rectified. We do advertise we are pet friendly and the extra charge is normal with most hotels. I verified the pool temperature and we raised the thermostat. We have recenly replaced the thermostat to avoid any future issues with temperature. I have personally addressed the other comments. We do carry a full hot breakfast, it may have been a time where they were in progress of replacing empty pans. Our mistake for not making the transition quicker.

Thank you again for your visit and comments.

Dennis L. Patrick, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

We had our Class reunion at the Clarion Inn. Dennis and his crew were wonderful! We had more people than we expected show up and the staff were wonderful and accommodating! We had our reunion here as it was a one stop shop. Dennis and Wade along with the staff are awesome!!

• Stayed June 2012
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
I also had a great time pulling off this reunion. Your planning committee was one of the best I have worked with in 32 years. It was 8 months of planning, emails and visits. It was well worth the fun. I was glad I could accommodate the "extras" that wanted to stay that evening. My staff enjoyed the group as.

It was sure fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis L. Patrick, GM
camphill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I try to look at the good parts of the hotels we stay at. My husband travels a lot, so we are are Corporate lodgers. I think the hotel considers us as second class. The best part of this hotel was the bed. We were there for almost 2 weeks, we couldn't get breakfast, because we are corp. lodgers. We were suppose to get a room with a micro-fridge, they said they didn't have any rooms available, to check back. I did check back, someone told me to talk to the housekeeper. They couldn't help us, finally they said they could move us to a room upstairs, instead of putting one in the room. By that time we, had 4 days left. So I said forget it. We went out 1 night and locked the inside door and went out the door to the parking lot, we couldn't get back in. they had to come and open inside door. They said lock needed batteries changed, it did not get changed while we were there. Most of the girls were not friendly, when they know you are under corp. lodging. But like I said the bed was the best thing about our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed. They are superb.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Please do think that we treat corporate lodgers as second class. The contact set up by your corporate office is designed to save as much money for the company. We are obligated to furnish a "room" basically. However, we go far beyond that with rooms that are far superior than the others offered in town. Breakfast is not part of the contract, however, a large hot buffet breakfast is readily available for only $5.00. considering hot eggs, bacon, hash brown, fruit, etc., it's the best bargain in town for breakfast. All of the corporate lodgers I have talked with are pleased with the rooms, large indoor swimming, hot tub, etc. On your next visit to pueblo, please look at what the 2 other corp lodge accepted hotels offer. I believe you will be amazed at the quality we offer. Refridgerators are availabe on request if available. Eventually, all rooms will have refridgerators and microwaves. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We got a very good walk-in rate. Room was okay, although air conditioner was noisy. Okay bed and bedding. Reasonably good lower level chain hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your response. Some of the rooms still have the older A/C units. We have gradually replaced them as we purchase new ones. We thank you for visiting us and look forward for when you pass through again. Again, thank you for taking time to write a note on Trip Advisor.

Dennis l. Patrick
Daytona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is my second stay at the Clarion and I was not disappointed. I always seem to have a wonderful time here with the friendly staff, efficient service and very clean rooms. Enjoyed my evening in the lounge with the great dj. Great drinks, good food, good times. I am ready to return for a third time in the near future and bring some of my friends. I would highly reccommend the inn to all of my friends and family. It is a very nice inn.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are very nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your return visit. We strive hard to insure a pleasant and relaxing stay. I am pleased that everything was to your satisfaction.
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I normally don't bother to write reviews of low-cost chain motels. They are low cost for a reason and there's no point in harshing on them for the exact values they offer. My experience staying at the Clarion for the past 3 days is worthy of comment however, because of the hotel staff's downright hostility.

First of all, it should be noted that the Clarion raised their rates to take advantage of a major sporting event that filled every hotel room in town. $150 a night is no bargain for a place that doesn't even have an elevator to get to a 2nd floor room.

The fun started when my traveling companion and I met in the bar. The drinks we ordered were poured with the least amount of alcohol I've ever seen. Using no measuring device of any kind, the bartender trickled a few drops of gin into my glass while simultaneously blasting a large quantity of tonic from the squirt gun to fill the glass. Same story for my companion, who received a 7&7 so weak it didn't show a hint of color. Trying to avoid a scene, I asked the bartender to use a jigger for the second round, which prompted her to launch into a tirade, then turn her back and refuse to speak to me. I was upset enough to file a complaint with the manager the next morning. She explained that the bartender was really a front desk person who was filling in, and that the lack of alcohol was on the direct orders of the bar manager! A couple of free drink coupons resolved the matter to my satisfaction, but if you patronize the bar I'd suggest ordering a bottled beer since by official policy mixed drinks are treated as an opportunity for extra profit.

Last night, returning to the hotel after a hot sweaty day of work, I discovered my room hadn't been serviced. I called down to the front desk, hoping to get clean towels, but got put on hold for at least 4 minutes before I gave up. I then marched down to the front desk to find the clerk outside smoking a cigarette. She said there wasn't anyone who could service my room and offered me a squirt bottle of pink fluid. I explained I wasn't interested in cleaning the toilet, just getting clean towels.

Since this was my first trip ever to Pueblo it probably won't be too hard to avoid the unpleasantness of the Clarion Inn in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
I apologize on behalf of the staff if you felt you did not receive the level of service we strive for. You may have misinterpreted a few things or perhaps we failed to explain correctly. The bartender the night you were in the bar was fillng in for a regular bartender who had a family member pass away. All bartenders have been instructed as to the correct amount to serve when making a cocktai which is usually 1 and a quarter short per drink which is above normal standards. We do not shorten the quality of beverages for an increased profit. This is one of the reasons our lounge stays busy. The lack of room being service or the desk person handing you fluid to clean has been approached by myself with the employees involved. We have a "runner" each night to handle such issues if they were to arise. I am receiving a story a little different but we obviously failed to satisfy your needs and again I apologize on behalf of the staff. The rates for the hotels in Pueblo is usually dictated by supply and demand. Rates were negotiated for many of the groups that had made reservations for their stay in advance.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again.

Director of Operations
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Locked out of our room for a half hour. Conduit running across the ceiling, big metal thing sticking out from the bed. I hit my leg on it, and my 1 year old hit her head on, and for 100$ I would rather throw another twenty bucks and go to a decent hotel. Never never will I go to this hotel again. Desk clerk was nice, but the ladie running the breakfast was rude and unfriendly. Pool was ice cold and hot tub should have been called a warm tub.

• Stayed May 2012
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your report on trip advisor. If you would contact me personally,I would like to get some more informaation from you. As our previous reviews suggest, we succeed very nicely in taking care of our customers. Stella in the restaurant has always received accolades for her dedication and helpfulness. I apologize for the problems you incurred. i will follow up on your comments. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at dennislpatrick4@msn.com.

GeneralManager

Been to Clarion Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!