“Great Venue very accommodating!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Conference Center

Clarion Inn & Conference Center
You added Clarion Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4001 N. Elizabeth, Pueblo, CO 81008 (Formerly Pueblo Inn and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
windsor
“Great Venue very accommodating!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

We had our Class reunion at the Clarion Inn. Dennis and his crew were wonderful! We had more people than we expected show up and the staff were wonderful and accommodating! We had our reunion here as it was a one stop shop. Dennis and Wade along with the staff are awesome!!

• Stayed June 2012
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
I also had a great time pulling off this reunion. Your planning committee was one of the best I have worked with in 32 years. It was 8 months of planning, emails and visits. It was well worth the fun. I was glad I could accommodate the "extras" that wanted to stay that evening. My staff enjoyed the group as.

It was sure fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis L. Patrick, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
camphill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I try to look at the good parts of the hotels we stay at. My husband travels a lot, so we are are Corporate lodgers. I think the hotel considers us as second class. The best part of this hotel was the bed. We were there for almost 2 weeks, we couldn't get breakfast, because we are corp. lodgers. We were suppose to get a room with a micro-fridge, they said they didn't have any rooms available, to check back. I did check back, someone told me to talk to the housekeeper. They couldn't help us, finally they said they could move us to a room upstairs, instead of putting one in the room. By that time we, had 4 days left. So I said forget it. We went out 1 night and locked the inside door and went out the door to the parking lot, we couldn't get back in. they had to come and open inside door. They said lock needed batteries changed, it did not get changed while we were there. Most of the girls were not friendly, when they know you are under corp. lodging. But like I said the bed was the best thing about our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed. They are superb.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Please do think that we treat corporate lodgers as second class. The contact set up by your corporate office is designed to save as much money for the company. We are obligated to furnish a "room" basically. However, we go far beyond that with rooms that are far superior than the others offered in town. Breakfast is not part of the contract, however, a large hot buffet breakfast is readily available for only $5.00. considering hot eggs, bacon, hash brown, fruit, etc., it's the best bargain in town for breakfast. All of the corporate lodgers I have talked with are pleased with the rooms, large indoor swimming, hot tub, etc. On your next visit to pueblo, please look at what the 2 other corp lodge accepted hotels offer. I believe you will be amazed at the quality we offer. Refridgerators are availabe on request if available. Eventually, all rooms will have refridgerators and microwaves. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We got a very good walk-in rate. Room was okay, although air conditioner was noisy. Okay bed and bedding. Reasonably good lower level chain hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your response. Some of the rooms still have the older A/C units. We have gradually replaced them as we purchase new ones. We thank you for visiting us and look forward for when you pass through again. Again, thank you for taking time to write a note on Trip Advisor.

Dennis l. Patrick
Daytona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is my second stay at the Clarion and I was not disappointed. I always seem to have a wonderful time here with the friendly staff, efficient service and very clean rooms. Enjoyed my evening in the lounge with the great dj. Great drinks, good food, good times. I am ready to return for a third time in the near future and bring some of my friends. I would highly reccommend the inn to all of my friends and family. It is a very nice inn.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are very nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your return visit. We strive hard to insure a pleasant and relaxing stay. I am pleased that everything was to your satisfaction.
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I normally don't bother to write reviews of low-cost chain motels. They are low cost for a reason and there's no point in harshing on them for the exact values they offer. My experience staying at the Clarion for the past 3 days is worthy of comment however, because of the hotel staff's downright hostility.

First of all, it should be noted that the Clarion raised their rates to take advantage of a major sporting event that filled every hotel room in town. $150 a night is no bargain for a place that doesn't even have an elevator to get to a 2nd floor room.

The fun started when my traveling companion and I met in the bar. The drinks we ordered were poured with the least amount of alcohol I've ever seen. Using no measuring device of any kind, the bartender trickled a few drops of gin into my glass while simultaneously blasting a large quantity of tonic from the squirt gun to fill the glass. Same story for my companion, who received a 7&7 so weak it didn't show a hint of color. Trying to avoid a scene, I asked the bartender to use a jigger for the second round, which prompted her to launch into a tirade, then turn her back and refuse to speak to me. I was upset enough to file a complaint with the manager the next morning. She explained that the bartender was really a front desk person who was filling in, and that the lack of alcohol was on the direct orders of the bar manager! A couple of free drink coupons resolved the matter to my satisfaction, but if you patronize the bar I'd suggest ordering a bottled beer since by official policy mixed drinks are treated as an opportunity for extra profit.

Last night, returning to the hotel after a hot sweaty day of work, I discovered my room hadn't been serviced. I called down to the front desk, hoping to get clean towels, but got put on hold for at least 4 minutes before I gave up. I then marched down to the front desk to find the clerk outside smoking a cigarette. She said there wasn't anyone who could service my room and offered me a squirt bottle of pink fluid. I explained I wasn't interested in cleaning the toilet, just getting clean towels.

Since this was my first trip ever to Pueblo it probably won't be too hard to avoid the unpleasantness of the Clarion Inn in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
I apologize on behalf of the staff if you felt you did not receive the level of service we strive for. You may have misinterpreted a few things or perhaps we failed to explain correctly. The bartender the night you were in the bar was fillng in for a regular bartender who had a family member pass away. All bartenders have been instructed as to the correct amount to serve when making a cocktai which is usually 1 and a quarter short per drink which is above normal standards. We do not shorten the quality of beverages for an increased profit. This is one of the reasons our lounge stays busy. The lack of room being service or the desk person handing you fluid to clean has been approached by myself with the employees involved. We have a "runner" each night to handle such issues if they were to arise. I am receiving a story a little different but we obviously failed to satisfy your needs and again I apologize on behalf of the staff. The rates for the hotels in Pueblo is usually dictated by supply and demand. Rates were negotiated for many of the groups that had made reservations for their stay in advance.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again.

Director of Operations
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Locked out of our room for a half hour. Conduit running across the ceiling, big metal thing sticking out from the bed. I hit my leg on it, and my 1 year old hit her head on, and for 100$ I would rather throw another twenty bucks and go to a decent hotel. Never never will I go to this hotel again. Desk clerk was nice, but the ladie running the breakfast was rude and unfriendly. Pool was ice cold and hot tub should have been called a warm tub.

• Stayed May 2012
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your report on trip advisor. If you would contact me personally,I would like to get some more informaation from you. As our previous reviews suggest, we succeed very nicely in taking care of our customers. Stella in the restaurant has always received accolades for her dedication and helpfulness. I apologize for the problems you incurred. i will follow up on your comments. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at dennislpatrick4@msn.com.

GeneralManager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

the manager and staff treat you like your family, the rooms are spacious and clean , I have stayed at this hotel on buisness for the past 4 years and will not stay any where else in pueblo the ameneties that come with the room make the stay that much nicer , for the price theres no better in pueblo

Room Tip: I always stay on the second floor seems a lot quieter and the west side is furthest from the streets
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write your review. We appreciate your business and your comments. The staff has evolved to a "customer service machine" and I share these reviews during our meetings.

Again thank you

Been to Clarion Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!