“Barking Dog Horror” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Houston
“Barking Dog Horror”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was by far our worst experience during a recent 20-day road trip in which we stayed in over a dozen different hotel chains,

As my wife and I entered the hotel foyer - which was rather plain and dowdy for a Best Western Plus - we could hear a dog making an unholy barking racket down the hallway from the check-in desk. The attendant seemed totally unconcerned and said this was a pet-friendly hotel. On opening the door to our assigned room - near to that of the barking dog - we were greeted with a musty urine smell, presumably dog urine. Disgustingly, dog hairs were present on the bed comforters. The nerve-shattering barking continued unabated. I complained to the front desk and was informed that the dog owner (apparently a regular guest) was out for the evening and could not be reached. I asked for a room reassignment - far removed from the barking canine. I was told this was not possible because all the rooms had already been taken because of some high school event (which another hotel employee told me was a common and often noisy occurrence). I said there was no way we could put up with the incessant dog racket and asked for a refund so we could move to a different hotel. The attendant said she would check with the manager ... who was not on the premises and could not be reached by phone. I said I would check back in 30 minutes. At that point I was informed that the manager had been contacted but a refund did not seem in order because we had already been in the room "a considerable period of time". The attendant seem unfazed that this rationalization beggared disbelief. I pointed out that we would have left 30 minutes ago if the manager had been available and promptly refunded our money. At my insistence, the attendant made yet another call to the manager who agreed, apparently reluctantly, to cancel our reservation and authorize a refund. What a horrible experience. I was informed by another Best Western Plus manager (in a different state) that it was a firm Best Western policy that pets should not be left unattended in rooms and should not be allowed to disturb guests. It was the responsibility of hotel management to promptly rectify such problems. Clearly, that did not happen here. Based on the dowdy appearance of the foyer, the musty room smell, the dog hairs on the comforters (ugh!), and the total indifference of management towards a legitimate guest concern, I strongly recommend against staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
This guest requested a first floor room which was given to them. They checked in and went to the room at 5:00 p.m.. After going to the room and hearing the dog, they requested a room change which could not be done due to a sold out evening, They were then given a refund at 6:20 p.m. that same evening and left the hotel. The room was then cleaned by the housekeeping staff and re-rented the same evening with no complaints. We are sorry that this guest was not happy but we are a pet friendly hotel and try very hard to make sure all pets and guests are taken care of in a responsible way. The first floor of this hotel does have pet friendly rooms and those pets that evening are weekly guests at the hotel with no complaints. As every BEST WESTERN is indivually owned and operated, hotel policy is set by the owners.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was perfect in that it had everything that we always look for when booking a room: interior corridors, free breakfast, completely smoke-free site, indoor pool, microwave & mini fridge, free wifi and it was clean! My 2 yr old loved that it had elevators too. It was a really nice place to stay and we would definitely stay again. One thing that I think would be nice is if they had more of an alternative breakfast lineup like maybe add soy/rice milk and other items for people who have gluten/milk allergies. A lot of breakfast items are wheat-based. Then again, this is a criticism that applies to pretty much all hotels. It was close to the freeway and was pretty quiet. There was a Johnny Carino's nearby and my kids liked the homemade sodas and mac and cheese there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to have brakfast items that are requested by many of our guests. We do have gluten free yogurt on the menu daily . The location is realy great to see all of the sights in Pueblo, with us being only 4 miles from the RIverwalk and 7 miles from the Colrado State Fair Grounds. We do hop that you come back soom and see us.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at this BWPlus in Pueblo, CO and the staff and property were excellent! Our trip involved my wife, myself and our 9lb Yorkie mix. The stay was great and the breakfast was phenomenal. Personal chef to make you an omelet and the staff was extremely helpful and courteous! Nice job to all. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thw staff and I are so glad you chose to stay with us in Pueblo during your recent visit. We so hope that you will continue to consider us your home away from home when you are in the area. We do agree that the breakfast is one of the best around and we take pride in continuing to improve it so it stays the best. We hope your next visit is soon. AGAIN, THANKS FOR YOUR RECENT COMMENTS REGARDING THE HOTEL.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is byfar the best hotel we have stayed at over the past 40+ years of travels. Friendlest staff, clean comfortable rooms, convient to all the frontal range attractions. Omlets cooked to order( now thats a breakfast) . This has become a destination not just a stop.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
The staff and I are so gald that you continue to chose the Best Western Plus Eagleridge Inn and Suites when you are in the Pueblo area. We try very hard to make sure that your return visits are just as enjoyable as your first visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the Spring. You are certainly correct about our breakfast, it is the best around.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stay in this Hotel for 45 days while looking for a house to move into, Pet friendly and very clean, helpful staff and they provided a great breakfast in the morning along with Omlets to order. Recomend to anyone for a stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We are so glad that you were happy with your stay at the hotel. The staff and I work very hard to make sure your stay with us is the best we can provide. We take great pride in being your home away from home. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Pueblo.
Lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wonderful breakfast, very tasteful decor, very clean--can't say enough about this hotel. Location is handy to "old" downtown, and I25. Staff extremely helpful. We came from Dodge City Kansas and a less than great stay. so we really appreciated all the amenities. It was a nice touch to have an on site sauna too !! Only complaint is those annoying "pod" coffeemakers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so glad that you chose to make the hotel your home while looking for a new home in Pueblo. We try very hard to make sure that your stay with us is the best ever wheather it be one night or 45 nights.
Kechi, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

It was our last night on the road during the week and a half trip. This was the best room we had the whole trip and not the most expensive. It was clean. It was not a huge room but there was a King bed and enough room to move around. Although I did not use the pool, hot tub, or the fitness room, I did look at them and they all looked as good as they should. I was just tired and wanted to rest. The bed was great and quiet for a hotel. There was a yapper of a little dog across the hall but I never heard him until I stepped into the hall. The breakfast was awesome. The omelet chef had plenty of ingredients and made a good omelet. He also scrabble eggs for those who just wanted that. If I wind up in Pueblo again I will stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thanks so much for your great comments regarding your stay at the hotel. My staff and I hope that we can exceed the expectations of every guest from check in, through breakfast and then check out. We hope you come back to Colorado soon and stay with us again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!