“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 277 restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving Southern Colorado since 1969. Quality dining, afordably priced, served in an atmosphere of genuine southwesten hospitality.
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went Valentine night. Had chicken fried steak our favorite. The meat was terrible and the breading fell off. Gravy tasted box, salad standard lettuce with 1/4 of a slice of tomato. Everyone had to hear the busboy work. Had to ask repeatedly for water. A table in our little room sat empty for 15 minutes while people waited. The owner seemed nice and the place had a old world charm, I liked.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I arrived open-minded, but were consistently disappointed by the atmosphere, the service and food. Atmosphere very dated and cafeteria feeling, the service was a rushed waitress whose service was full of mistakes and forgetfulness, the food unusually bland (I had to highly salt my steak- something I never do). We do not recommend.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best Steak in Pueblo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We went there because my husband wanted steak and didn't want to go to a chain restaurant. We were seated, the waitress was very kind and friendly even though my son kept changing his mind on what he wanted. We got the Steak and Lobster Special, Lamb Special and my son got the chicken strips. It was all cooked perfect, and was well seasoned. A gentleman came in to turn off something in the area we were in and my son asked about the butter and said he really liked it. Turns out that nice man was the owner, stayed and talked to us for awhile, was very kind. As we were leaving he told the waitress to have us wait a mintue, came out and handed my son a take-out box of the butter for home. It is nice to go to a place that not only has good food, priced right, but also is owned and operated locally.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Staff is wonderful. Very responsive. Make sure that everyone at the table gets what they want and how they want.

Visited November 2012
Pueblo CO
“Excellent prime rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a non-chain restaurant that has plenty of local flavor. They have a wide ranging menu with prime rib, game meats, lamb, and surf and turf entrees. It was tender and tasty!

Visited November 2012