“Unsanitary- Gross Food!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Unsanitary- Gross Food!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

First and LAST visit to La Casita! While dining at the new restaurant we observed several disgusting things. First the "mamager" who was putting the meals together behind the counter left her station to go outside the restaurant to speat to an employee. No problem with that, but the "mamager" opened the door to the outside of the restaurant, which dozens, if not hundreds, of people touch with the same gloves on that she had been preparing food with. She returned to continue assembling food, opened a cooler containing tortillas and took one out and rolled it up, and placed it on a plate for the next customer. She did this with the now bacteria covered glove that she touched the door with!!! Second, the cashier was snacking on a tortilla the whole time which he kept in his back pocket! Disgusting!!! The food was horrible, not to mention we lost our appitites from the lack of hygene being displayed, and wasted $30.00 as we did not finish our meals!!! Don't go if this is what we observed in our short visit to La Casita, one can only imagine the other disgusting things going on in that restaurant!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Pueblo
“Horrible restaurant choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I don’t normally write reviews but my experience with this restaurant compelled me too. This is the first time that my family has eaten here since Del Taco closed. The Huevos Rancheros was terrible. The sauce had way too much tomato sauce in it and the whole meal was barely palatable. My wife’s burrito was not what she ordered and it was poorly assembled. There is not anything that this facility can say or do that will change my opinion about their restaurant. I will never frequent this establishment again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Colorado USA
“So happy they opened this place in Pueblo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had enjoyed all four locations of La Casita in Colorado Springs. Was delighted to see them cone to Pueblo. Love their carnitas and menudo. Great taste and freshness abd quality. And super low prices. Wishing them much success. They also prepare platters for large parties and there was more than enough food for my party and they enjoyed tasty plentiful leftovers the next day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pueblo, CO
“High Quality - Fast Mexican Food ¡Qué Sabroso!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

La Casita is new to Pueblo, however the local chain is well established in Colorado Springs. It's located in Del Taco's recently vacated spot off exit 101. The owners have vastly improved upon the Del Taco building by adding warmer colors to the scheme and a snazzy salsa bar. Essentially though, the building and layout are the same. We arrived at 7pm on a Saturday, I was surprised by how busy it was- cars were stacked in the drive-thru, all but one of the eat-in tables was taken.

I ordered the Super Mexican for $7.99 so I could taste as much variety as possible. My meal arrived with a beef taco, cheese enchilada, bean/cheese tostada, guacamole salad, borracho beans, and spanish rice on a plastic tray. The food itself was served on sturdy melamite plates with real silverware. Sadly, the taco and tostada were extremely bland, I could've done better myself at home. I would not recommend them. Since, I don't care for Pueblo style "cheese enchiladas" I wasn't expecting much. The enchilada however, was drenched in an appealing mole-like dark red sauce (very unlike Pueblo-style), so I thought I'd give it a go. First, I smothered it with guacamole. I was shocked by how delicious it was! In fact, it was so good, my husband ordered 2 more a la carte for $ 4.69 - worth every penny.

The spanish rice was as expected (meh), the borracho beans were yummy but soupy, they should've been served in a bowl- the broth made my taco soggy!

*Warning* this is *NOT* Pueblo style Mexican Food. It's definitely higher quality than Taco Bell but not as "authentic" as Adolfo's. It is far more clean and festive than both combined. One could actually take a date here! When I return, I will order the cheese enchiladas with a dollop of guacamole for an additional 79 cents. I spoke to another patron who thoroughly enjoyed her a la carte beef fajita burrito. Because I saw many trays with left-over beans and rice, I'm thinking a la carte is the way to go. You can probably save yourself a little money.

• Visited December 2012