“Historic & Site of a Romeo & Juliet Production in 1972” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 attractions in Pueblo
Type: Historic Sites
Attraction Details
Pueblo, Colorado
“Historic & Site of a Romeo & Juliet Production in 1972”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This historic place, specifically the carriage house, became the magical stting for a production of Romeo and Juliet in 1972, in which I first played Romeo as a young actor of 20 years age. I wrote a story about the experience and encountering my Juliet, Gail Threlkeld decades afterword. The mansion's interior was used for one of the scenes for the movie "Badlands" starring Sissy Spacec and Martin Sheen.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
16 attraction reviews
“Beauty, history, elegance and grace.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

WOW! This mansion/museum has almost all of it's original furnishings and decor from the bygone Victorian Era. There are amazing details to see in every room, from books to wallpaper to the incredible woodwork. The guide was very knowledgeable about the family/mansion's history, local history and history of the era. I will be going back when I can just to see the details that I overlooked before. Only bummer is that you can't take pics inside the mansion (insurance reasons). I would have filled my mem card if I could have!

Visited October 2011
Pueblo, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“Look Back in Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Beautiful Victorian home. I have visited several times.

Pueblo West
“See The Past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a great place to see history and it is very beautiful. The lunch there is Super! I love coming here!

Las Animas, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Very beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We went there for the special Christmas tour. It was beautifully decorated and the woman who gave our tour was very good and had a lot of knowledge of the home and the family, Really enjoyed it.

Been to Rosemount Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rosemount Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.