“Beauty, history, elegance and grace.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 27 things to do in Pueblo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beauty, history, elegance and grace.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

WOW! This mansion/museum has almost all of it's original furnishings and decor from the bygone Victorian Era. There are amazing details to see in every room, from books to wallpaper to the incredible woodwork. The guide was very knowledgeable about the family/mansion's history, local history and history of the era. I will be going back when I can just to see the details that I overlooked before. Only bummer is that you can't take pics inside the mansion (insurance reasons). I would have filled my mem card if I could have!

Visited October 2011

Pueblo, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Look Back in Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Beautiful Victorian home. I have visited several times.

Pueblo West
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“See The Past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a great place to see history and it is very beautiful. The lunch there is Super! I love coming here!

Las Animas, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Very beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We went there for the special Christmas tour. It was beautifully decorated and the woman who gave our tour was very good and had a lot of knowledge of the home and the family, Really enjoyed it.

Topeka, Kansas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely house, horrid hospitality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

i am a huge fan of Victorian history, and this house is a very nice example, albeit many things in the house are in a appalling state of repair, to have let the ceiling frescoes get dirty and cracked is a shame, and one of the wedding dresses in the stair well was obviously missing a layer. that said i am absolutely NOT a fan of being insulted or scolded by a "tour guide". I have never been so insulted, no sooner did this woman have our money then she was thrusting papers at us and prattling on about stale factoids and shooing us along, she made no offer to answer questions, or show us the pantry, or explain why the granite table was cracked. A short five min later my husband and i stopped to read a placard and i was rudely told that if i wasn't interested in the tour that i should wait in the lobby, the rest of the visit was filled with a horrid passive aggressive tension that you could eat with a toothpick. I can say as a well traveled individual that I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place, there are far better samples of Victorian life elsewhere and far better activities to do in pueblo than this.

Visited June 2012

Been to Rosemount Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rosemount Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.