“Airless + grim = poor night's sleep” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Pueblo I-25
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4103 North Elizabeth Street, Pueblo, CO 81008   |
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Denver, Colorado
“Airless + grim = poor night's sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

For $50 plus tax for 2 people, I don't expect luxury. We have used Motel 6 before, and this motel seems older than most. But even $50 was too much. The room is basic (2 beds, a dresser, old TV with a few cable channels), and clean enough, and the beds were okay, not uncomfortable. We had only 1 hand towel, 1 washcloth, and 2 thin towels. Of course, no bathroom amenities beyond the postage-stamp-sized soap bars, no tissues, no microwave, no in-room coffee set-up. Tiny styrofoam cups of coffee in the morning at the reception. That's okay, we can deal. We chose it because the chain accepts dogs, and we asked for a ground floor and got it.

But the ventilation is non-existent. Due to noise from outside (traffic and neighbors), we had to close the window at night, so we turned on the fan, but there was no airflow. We couldn't find the mere whisper of a breeze or incoming air -- only the loud hum of the fan apparently sucking air out of the room. As a result, the room quickly became an airless box, and the night seemed to last forever. Even if you open the window, you get no air unless you pull back the light-blocking curtain, and thus put yourself on display to everyone.

The area out back available to walk the dog was covered in feces. I blame the people who let their dogs do their business without scooping, but by accepting dogs, I think the hotel should accept responsibility to clean up after their poorly behaved guests. It was disgusting.

Just next door (right off I-25) were 2 properties advertising similar rates, a Howard Johnson and Clarion(?). If there's a next time in Pueblo, we'll try any place else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Menominee, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This wasn't too bad, as Motel 6 locations go. Parking was cramped and not convenient to the rooms. As is usual with this chain, the clientele included some unruly and noisy guests, but the room was relatively clean and the water was hot.

Room Tip: Unless you want to swim (in season) avoid rooms by the pool, since there is no parking there, and yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Srinagar, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

OK if you are looking for a place to crash for the night. Very conveniently located but other than the room there is nothing much to say about this place. Room is small but the heating is so noisy it is very hard to sleep. It kept me awake most of the night.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Harrietta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Staff was friendly at first. Then we went to our room smelled like dog pee. Ask for another room that was worse. They came in and sprayed the room we lef thet window open for 5 hours came back it was the same. We went to the front desk told them we will not be staying the next day she was not pleased . That night the people next to us bang the door all night long and at 5 the next morning to guys were yelling in at each other too. It was so bad I needed to let all out there know this. DO NOT STAY THEIR.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Prescott Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

The clerk was rude when I checked in. The room had a foul smell though I opened the door hoping to air it out. I did not want to have to deal with the rude clerk again. The bed was also uncomfortable. This is the worst Motel 6 I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Demotte, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stayed one night passing through. If we could have kept going we probably would have! Entry door looked like it had been kicked in - you could see daylight around it and smell the charcoal lighter fluid from the resident in the unit 2 doors down grilling on his mini-weber! People dropping garbage from the second floor in front of our room. People up half the night partying. I didn't sleep a wink worrying about my car. My advise is to try another motel in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I'm surprised there are so few reviews of this m6. It is surrounded by many hotels in the area, but it was by far the busiest, judging by the parking lot. I am sure the price ($40 or so including tax) was the reason.

The room is a basic m6; clean, roomy, nothing special. There are gas stations, a ton of chain restaurants around the corner (on rt 50), and a Target / Walmart.

If you're looking for a place to stay a night between Colorado Springs and NM / southern Colorado, this is a great pick.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo