“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

AAA Offer, Save up to 10%
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I love the consistency of the Hampton brand for business travel and the Pueblo North location didn't disappoint. The staff was friendly (although not as outgoing as other Hamptons I've stayed at now that I think about it).
The breakfasts were fine...pretty good variety.
The fitness center is spacious and nicely equipped.
The location was convenient and there are quite a few chain restaurants nearby. (But venture out a couple of miles and you'll find some great local restaurants in this coll little city.)
Overall, I'd definitely recommend this location if you're in the area.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Let me start by saying I am a Gold Hilton member and soon to be Platinum. I stay at Hampton Inns all over the western US. This was bar none the WORST night's sleep I have had in years at a hotel.

I checked in and was given two keys for room 219 of a 4 floor hotel. I went to "my" room and low and behold there were two suitcases and clothes everywhere. I was tired from a long day of meetings so I went downstairs and told the young lady at the front desk. Her response, "how did that happen?" I have no idea - you gave me the room!!! She then gave me the key for 209 without asking me for the keys for room 219 back. I mentioned it and she said "oh yeah, can I have those?"

Got to my room, changed for dinner quickly and headed out. Little did I know that maybe 15 feet from my window on a roof outside my room was the mechanical for this side of the building. Found that out during the evening while it was going off and on ALL freaking night!!!!

I went down the next morning to let them know to NEVER give me that room again and all I got was "I am sorry". If this is the room and the way they treat Hilton Gold members then I would hate to be a regular Joe off the street. I am seriously thinking of seeing if Westin or Hyatt will transfer my status.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 209!!!!!!!
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mike C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo/North, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your response and comment that we have a nice hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the wrong room keys. I discussed the issue with the front desk agent, and she stated she inadvertently put 219 on the key sleeve rather than 209, and that your room was 209 from the beginning. We value all of our guests saftey and security, so this error has been discussed thoroughly and changes have been made so that similar errors will not occur again. She did state, however, that she remade the same original keys she provided you (overriding the 219 room with the 209 room number), so that you would not have access to room 219 again, for the safety of the guest in 219. She states that she did not provide new keys and forget to ask for the old keys back.

I also apologize for the night's sleep in 209. I have looked back in our log book and we have virtually never had complaints about that room being loud, so had our maintenance staff look into the issue to insure that the mechanical equipment was functioning properly outside the building. Please note that we would have happily accommodated a request from you to change rooms had we known about the issue the night of, rather than the morning after, once it was too late to resolve the issue. We would have also moved your luggage and other items to lessen the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your comments. They aid in our ability to provide the best customer service we can to future guests.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel was a sweet surprise! Fantastic staff, friendly and caring. They go above and beyond to make your stay go well. Good location near shopping and several food places. Fast food and sit down style.
I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cheryl M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo/North, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We are so glad that you were happy with your stay at the Hampton-North. Please tell all your friends so we can be the best kept surprise in Pueblo.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Not much to say, except this is a rather new property and everything was as it should be: prompt and courteous checkin, very clean and comfortable room, and a good breakfast. There are a number of good restaurants nearby, a big box stores, shopping mall, etc. The location is on the North edge of town, making is convenient if driving in from the DEN airport late in the afternoon like I did. It's just a few miles to downtown Pueblo and the State Fairground.

Room Tip: Al the rooms should be fine as the hotel is far enough off I-25 that truck noise should be minimal.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are glad that you had a good night's stay and hope to see you again on your next visit to Pueblo.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have stayed here a least 8 times in the last year and everyone on staff here have always been professional and courteous. They went out of their way to care for us through a difficult time. I would surely recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cheryl M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo/North, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
We are glad that we could make your stay in Pueblo a litttle like home. The staff tries very hard to make your stays at the hotel as plesant and comfortable as possible. We try hard to be the home way from home.
Northglenn, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel was well furnished, clean and well located. There are several restaurants located within walking distance and the hotel is very convenient to the highway. I stayed here one night for a work function and we had a very nice time.

The breakfast was wel done for a free hotel breakfast. There is a small pool and hot tub with a nice outdoor patio.

The beds were wonderful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cheryl M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo/North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am so glad that the front staff was helpful and everything was so nice during your visit. Please remember us to your firends and we hope to see you back in Pueblo soon.
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

27 Sept 2012. This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have stayed in and we have stayed in a number of them across the county. The front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly. The young man who checked us in was very helpful with suggestions for dinner and his recommendation was excellent. When making a reservation for any hotel I always request a top floor and away from the elevator (my husband is a very light sleeper), no problem ... top floor and very quiet room. The hotel was very clean and our room was great … larger and very comfortable. The breakfast was above expectations and tasty. We will stay here again if we get back to Pueblo.

2ortravelers

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheryl M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo/North, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I am so glad that the stay was all you expected and the staff was great. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo/North? Share your experiences!