“Roomy and clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

You added SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 S. Santa Fe Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81003 (Formerly Cambria Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Denver, Colorado
“Roomy and clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rooms are very spacious, bedding comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The A/C units are pretty noisy by hotel standards, but this is one of the nicer places to stay near the downtown area of Pueblo. Good value, would stay either here or the Marriott across the street if I am in Pueblo again on business.

Room Tip: The corner suites are large
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Katherine714,

We love hearing about our guests positive experiences. Thank you for being a valued guest and thank you for choosing to stay at the SpringHill Suites Downtown Pueblo. Our guests mean the world to us and we want nothing but the best for them!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

The Marriott Courtyard was full so we got reservations at the Spring Hill Suites. What a pleasant surprise! The staff bends over backward to make your stay comfortable. The rooms are large and the rates are very reasonable for what you get. The beds are quite comfortable and the rooms are nicely appointed. Bedroom and small living room each have great televisions. In addition, the rooms are very clean. This hotel is absolutely one we will return to.

Stayed November 2014
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Judge3015,

It was wonderful hearing how much you enjoyed your stay. It brings us so much pleasure to know that you enjoyed the staff and had a comfortable stay. I hope that for all of your future visits to Pueblo you will choose to stay with us again.
Norway, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

My allergies really got the best of me at the hotel. I was staying here and had meetings across the street at the Mariott (it was full or I would have stayed there). It definitely was the room as they were much worse at the hotel than when I was off site. Thinking there was a lot of dust in the room as there were suede curtains. I was in room 301.
The hotel room itself was very spacious (which I loved). couch, chair ,desk, King size bed, fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, etc. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. The bathroom could have been cleaner and I had ordered take out the first night and the maid service never took my food containers and they didn't leave me new bath accessories. I did sleep well - the bed and pillows were comfy. Hotel was quiet - which was great for a good night's sleep. The breakfast was not so good.. Decided safest thing was cereal after trying the hot food.
I spent a lot of time across the street at the Marriott... Next time I would book earlier so I could stay there. The food over there was much better, nice bar area, cleaner and more up to date.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, November 1, 2014
Dear Mainesilver1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you found your room spacious and comfortable. It is always appreciated hearing that our Team was friendly and provided great customer service. I am sorry to hear that you had additional issues during your stay and I will be sure to speak with our specific departments to ensure a greater quality of service for you and all our guests. Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to seeing you again.
Ponder, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Room is has plenty of space with couch, chair, and desk with connecting king size bed. Modern furnishings and comfortable bed. Only complaint is loud A/C unit next to bed. Staff is very friendly. Hotel is clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Ask to.be in courtyard area.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Dear SDKennedy,

Thank you for your kind words and I am so happy to hear that you found the room comfortable. We hope to see you again and thank you for being a valued guest.
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

I recently had the need to book 20 rooms for my group. Working with Kristin in Group Sales was a delight! Prompt, professional, courteous, willing to help. And I had several changes along the way, she never waivered. Some of the feedback I received from my group regarding the property and their experience there? Very nice, EXCEPTIONAL, thanks for finding us such a great place. Stay here with confidence and ease. Thanks, Kristin!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Dear maunamama,

That is so exciting to hear that your Group loved our hotel. I am equally as pleased to hear that you had such a great experience with Kristin. She works hard to ensure that all her groups are very well taken care of. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting your group/event again in the future. Thank you for your business!
Arvada, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend escape to do some shopping and visiting in the Pueblo area. We loved the decor and modern look of the public areas and especially the rooms.

The king room was huge with the separate living room being nice to hang out in. Once thing that was awesome was the access panel for AV input for the flat panel in the living area. You can plug in your own devices easily and without having to crawl behind anything.

The bathroom had a huge bathtub with a step/seat behind it. It also had a very cool modern sink and great water pressure.

The bed was beyond comfortable as well.

I thought the breakfast was as good as any typical free hotel breakfast. Just make sure you get there in time.

Now for the nit-picks

One big complaint was the lack of a fan in the bathroom which could be embarrassing for new couples and just gross for everyone else. This is actually an old hotel that looks as if it were totally gutted and rebuilt in its current VERY modern form. No excuse for no fan or heater in the bathroom.

The next little complaint was about the pool and spa. As I said this was an older hotel that was remolded and the area that was the least remodeled was the indoor pool area. The pool had this air of creepiness to it. there was hair floating in it and the water was murky. The spa was deep with sharp steps and things had surface rust on it. Maybe it was just me but it could use much better care.

The hotel isn't in the best location so if you are squeamish stay in the Pueblo north area because this is a nice hotel in a questionable location. If I were in Pueblo for a convention or business this would be great! However, at night it is a little sketchy around there. it is right next to an all night Carl's Jr. with questionable clientele and a convenience store where we saw people clearly dealing drugs late at night. However, they were not at all on Hotel property and at least 50 yards away from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Dear csr1976,

I am very happy to hear that you loved the modern style of the hotel as well as the in room amenities. I do apologize that my team was not able to offer an explanation of the bathroom fan, as it is in place and at a consistent low flow position. Our hotel was built in 2008 as a new build and many modern designs put in place. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future and we appreciate you as a valued guest.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

This Springhill is relatively plush for the chain. Hot buffet breakfast is included, but unremarkable. The pool and excercise room is new. Rooms are nice with very good bedding. The location is optimal for getting to a good array of local restaurants.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Bob_lxl,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown? Share your experiences!