“Winner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 S. Santa Fe Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81003 (Formerly Cambria Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 25 hotels in Pueblo
Gilbert, AZ
“Winner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent one night in this hotel. It was very nice. This must be one of Springhill's latest designs, very modern with a frosted room divider, micro, frig, two TVs and a very good hairdryer. The living room TV had some type of wall panel with HDMI and RCA jacks, I presume to allow you to hook up a laptop and display a movie, no instructions on it - but it was intriguing. My only complaint about the hotel was its Internet service, where you are forced to browse through a hotel portal. But the room was clean and everything looked new. It was near the highway, maybe a block off, but quiet. We had their breakfast and enjoyed scrambled eggs and potatoes. It has the other usual breakfast items also. There was a gas station and convenience mart located next door. We have stayed at several different Springhill Suites and although never disappointed, this was definitely the nicest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are important to us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel sticks out amongst other SpringHills. We can’t wait to see you again!

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I can't say enough positive things about my recent stay at SpringHill Suites Pueblo. The hotel overall was clean and pleasantly decorated. My room was great...convenient layout, VERY comfortable bed, clean. The service was absolutely amazing. I travel very often for work and have stayed in many very pricey hotels...and never have I had better service!! Everyone there was great...friendly, helpful and efficient. Everyone at the front desk was great but Rachel was exceptional!! As far as I'm concerned, she's my new best friend in Pueblo!! Really, though, everyone I encountered at the front desk was wonderful. Breakfast was good with a good variety. I stayed there five nights and had something different each morning for breakfast. The location is also very convenient. Near the interstate and within walking distance of some of the most interesting places in Pueblo. Great stay, great service, hope to go back one day!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor facing the front of the hotel. It was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Well we hope to have you back one day! Sounds like you have a new friend you must visit. It is a huge compliment to know you travel often and found our hotel so comfortable and inviting. I do agree that my staff is excellent and work very hard to exceed all guests’ expectations. It’s guest like you that keep us energized and excited about our jobs. Thank you for your kind words.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Montana. The hotel was very clean. The staff was awesome, very friendly and helpful. The bar/lounge area was a great place to relax after a long drive. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind words. Our goal at the hotel is to be able to create a “home away from home” so it’s fantastic to know you were able to relax and enjoy your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Peyton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Very helpful staff! Terrific area if you like the Riverwalk, we do, it is a great area to walk in. Pool area very clean, but not very large area, especially with several kids playing in pool. Breakfast was ok, buffet style, little variety! Website states full breakfast, somewhat misleading.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our website does state we have a free breakfast. We do serve numerous hot items including breakfast meats, eggs, potatoes, oatmeal and waffles. In addition we also have many other cold items. We apologize if you felt there wasn’t enough variety.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stopped off here on our way back to Texas and what a neat little hotel it is. It can be too old OR has had an extensive remodel. Our daughter said it was the neatest hotel she's ever been to. Probably not in the best part of town but very nice inside. We were in a hurry to get back home but we did stay for the complimentary breakfast and it was quite good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the hotel! Thank you for you compliments. We have recently changed a few items on our breakfast so please stop again soon and let us know what you think.
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I only read about him after returning home. He anxiously waited my verdict after he recommended the Shamrock Brewpub. I told him that I would hang him from the yard arm if his advice was false! It wasn't, the brewpub is terrific - Riley lives and so does one of the most enjoyable hotels I have stayed in. By some standards - it's small but the pride of staff who work there is pretty obvious. They know they are doing a good job.
Kena Amin - seems too young to be a very efficient manageress - but she is and what a great job she does. She and her staff - including the breakfast crew, the cleaning lady who helped me - I now recall I forgot to leave a tip - all seemed to flow. Any time in the area, we and SWIMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) will make sure there is room at this well planned and efficiently operated hotel. You do the same!
Placed close to the River Walk and convention center, close to the brewpub and about two minutes fom I 25 - an ideal spot.

Room Tip: I think we were on the I25 side but it made no difference. I didn't hear a thing. Comfortable fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
On behalf of my staff and myself, we all really enjoyed having you as our guests. You are very well traveled and your stories were fantastic. We appreciate your generous comments. It’s always great to hear we are doing things right. We hope your travels bring you back to Pueblo soon!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The minute we arrived this hotel felt great. Riley helped us to get checked in. He was the most amazing front desk clerk we have ever had and my husband and I have traveled a lot. It was strange to find someone so amazing in such a small town hotel. He made sure everything was perfect for us and our son.
However when Riley left things went downhill fast. Our fridge did not work, there were no towels in the pool area and service just stunk. I believe the woman my husband and I both spoke to about our problems was Rachel. She just dismissed our problems and acted as though we were not important. I had to tell her at least twice through out one day that there were no towels in the pool area. It took two amazing hard working maintenance men to help fix the towel situation. While this woman was here the hotel was awful. We paid $200 a night for this type of service. Everytime we asked for help she was rude and made us feel like we were expecting too much. Luckily Riley came back later the second day and we felt well taken care of again,but once Riley left we knew we were on our own. Riley made us want to come back but Rachel not so much. The hotel is noisy and most desk clerks won't do anything about it but when you are in Riley's hands you are in great hands. He's the only reason we would go back to this hotel. Travelers beware Riley is amazing but Rachel lacks all customer service.

Room Tip: The large parlor room is nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Riley is a great member of our team and does an outstanding job. I apologize if you felt like the others in the hotel we not as accommodating. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation at every interaction. Your comments have been noted and shared with the staff.

Been to SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown? Share your experiences!