“Not just. Riley” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 S. Santa Fe Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81003 (Formerly Cambria Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Arvada, Colorado
“Not just. Riley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I only read about him after returning home. He anxiously waited my verdict after he recommended the Shamrock Brewpub. I told him that I would hang him from the yard arm if his advice was false! It wasn't, the brewpub is terrific - Riley lives and so does one of the most enjoyable hotels I have stayed in. By some standards - it's small but the pride of staff who work there is pretty obvious. They know they are doing a good job.
Kena Amin - seems too young to be a very efficient manageress - but she is and what a great job she does. She and her staff - including the breakfast crew, the cleaning lady who helped me - I now recall I forgot to leave a tip - all seemed to flow. Any time in the area, we and SWIMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) will make sure there is room at this well planned and efficiently operated hotel. You do the same!
Placed close to the River Walk and convention center, close to the brewpub and about two minutes fom I 25 - an ideal spot.

Room Tip: I think we were on the I25 side but it made no difference. I didn't hear a thing. Comfortable fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
On behalf of my staff and myself, we all really enjoyed having you as our guests. You are very well traveled and your stories were fantastic. We appreciate your generous comments. It’s always great to hear we are doing things right. We hope your travels bring you back to Pueblo soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The minute we arrived this hotel felt great. Riley helped us to get checked in. He was the most amazing front desk clerk we have ever had and my husband and I have traveled a lot. It was strange to find someone so amazing in such a small town hotel. He made sure everything was perfect for us and our son.
However when Riley left things went downhill fast. Our fridge did not work, there were no towels in the pool area and service just stunk. I believe the woman my husband and I both spoke to about our problems was Rachel. She just dismissed our problems and acted as though we were not important. I had to tell her at least twice through out one day that there were no towels in the pool area. It took two amazing hard working maintenance men to help fix the towel situation. While this woman was here the hotel was awful. We paid $200 a night for this type of service. Everytime we asked for help she was rude and made us feel like we were expecting too much. Luckily Riley came back later the second day and we felt well taken care of again,but once Riley left we knew we were on our own. Riley made us want to come back but Rachel not so much. The hotel is noisy and most desk clerks won't do anything about it but when you are in Riley's hands you are in great hands. He's the only reason we would go back to this hotel. Travelers beware Riley is amazing but Rachel lacks all customer service.

Room Tip: The large parlor room is nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Riley is a great member of our team and does an outstanding job. I apologize if you felt like the others in the hotel we not as accommodating. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation at every interaction. Your comments have been noted and shared with the staff.
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel sits right next to Interstate 25 in downtown Pueblo and is within walking distance of the convention center and Main Street. It's a bit unusual in its layout, and the room floor plan is quite unusual, but I liked it a lot. My "suite" had a distinct work area/kitchenette separated by a screen wall from the bedroom. There were even some non-90-degree angles in the room, but in a good way. Everything was up to snuff--looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the city instead of the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Well we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future. Your kind words are much appreciated. It always keep the team energized to know their hard work is paying off.
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This the first time I've seen this kind of floorplan and it's terrific. As you enter the suite, the door to the bathroom is to your immediate right (or left), then there's a sitting area with chair, sleeper sofa, desk and TV along with the fridge & microwave. Then there's a small partition, beyond which are the beds with the signature Marriott triple-sheeting which I love. Most small-suite layouts put the sitting area out in front of the beds, by the window, making it useless for anyone who wants to stay up later than his family members. Because the partition is frosted glass, it keeps the sitting area from being too dark during the day. Springhill Suites must think that you'd rather keep your entire family happy than have a view of the parking lot from your chair. I think they guessed correctly!
I agree with all the other great comments about this place, it's very nice for a family, and well-priced. Staff as friendly as can be.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. You described our rooms perfectly. We are so pleased that the layout of our rooms worked perfectly for your family. We want our hotel to feel like your “home away from home” so these little details are important to us. Please come again soon.
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a nice place to stay. Right off the highway so easy to get to but quiet. The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. Loved the size of our room with microwave, refridge and sitting area. The breakfast was very good and there was plenty of room to sit, inside and outside.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I would have to agree, my staff here is excellent! They all work very hard to make sure each one of our guests is happy and comfortable. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. We look forward to seeing you again!
Lufkin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Marriott took over this property during the last year, according to the very friendly desk clerk. The rooms were clean and the lobby was very nice. We were traveling with one non-family member, and the layout of the room was perfect to give all of us enough privacy. The breakfast included eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, etc., which is much more filling than the typical hotel breakfast. The surrounding area looked a little rough, but we had no problems and the desk clerk assured us walking a couple of blocks to Shamrocks for a late dinner, would be perfectly safe. I also recommend Shamrocks - great Irish pub. We had no problems, but the gas station next door had some slightly unsavory looking characters loitering around, so I would use caution when walking in the area after dark. I would still recommend this hotel, however!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front side of the hotel, further from the interstate to reduce the risk of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that the layout of your room was able to accommodate your needs and that you had a great start to the day with our breakfast. Thank you for your feedback about the surrounding area. The safety of our guest is one of our top priorities. Please come again soon!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Inside the hotel, things are great. The front desk staff is very friendly and cheerful, easily engaging in conversation. The lobby is big with plenty of seating areas. The rooms are still newish and done very nicely – this particular SpringHill Suite has a TV in both the sitting area and bedroom. I have been in others where they try to save a $100 and split the difference – so this was nice. The morning breakfast is standard stuff – waffles, cereal, scrambled eggs, etc. Outside the hotel is where things get a little shakey. I’m not sure I would wander around these city streets too long after dark, and other than the Carls Jr on the corner, it does not appear that anything is in easy walking distance, at night anyway (maybe the Courtyard across the street has a restaurant?). The hotel is close to several daytime attractions – the children’s museum, water park, river walk, etc. There is also a good ice cream parlor within a few blocks. A good choice for a hotel in downtown Pueblo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and all the great amenities we offer. There are many local restaurants within walking distance that are safe for our travelers. Please make sure to stop off at the front desk during you next stay so we can provided you with recommendations and directions. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown? Share your experiences!