“Unique & sensible room layout” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 S. Santa Fe Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81003 (Formerly Cambria Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 25 hotels in Pueblo
Montana
“Unique & sensible room layout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This the first time I've seen this kind of floorplan and it's terrific. As you enter the suite, the door to the bathroom is to your immediate right (or left), then there's a sitting area with chair, sleeper sofa, desk and TV along with the fridge & microwave. Then there's a small partition, beyond which are the beds with the signature Marriott triple-sheeting which I love. Most small-suite layouts put the sitting area out in front of the beds, by the window, making it useless for anyone who wants to stay up later than his family members. Because the partition is frosted glass, it keeps the sitting area from being too dark during the day. Springhill Suites must think that you'd rather keep your entire family happy than have a view of the parking lot from your chair. I think they guessed correctly!
I agree with all the other great comments about this place, it's very nice for a family, and well-priced. Staff as friendly as can be.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. You described our rooms perfectly. We are so pleased that the layout of our rooms worked perfectly for your family. We want our hotel to feel like your “home away from home” so these little details are important to us. Please come again soon.

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a nice place to stay. Right off the highway so easy to get to but quiet. The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. Loved the size of our room with microwave, refridge and sitting area. The breakfast was very good and there was plenty of room to sit, inside and outside.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I would have to agree, my staff here is excellent! They all work very hard to make sure each one of our guests is happy and comfortable. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. We look forward to seeing you again!
Lufkin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Marriott took over this property during the last year, according to the very friendly desk clerk. The rooms were clean and the lobby was very nice. We were traveling with one non-family member, and the layout of the room was perfect to give all of us enough privacy. The breakfast included eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, etc., which is much more filling than the typical hotel breakfast. The surrounding area looked a little rough, but we had no problems and the desk clerk assured us walking a couple of blocks to Shamrocks for a late dinner, would be perfectly safe. I also recommend Shamrocks - great Irish pub. We had no problems, but the gas station next door had some slightly unsavory looking characters loitering around, so I would use caution when walking in the area after dark. I would still recommend this hotel, however!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front side of the hotel, further from the interstate to reduce the risk of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that the layout of your room was able to accommodate your needs and that you had a great start to the day with our breakfast. Thank you for your feedback about the surrounding area. The safety of our guest is one of our top priorities. Please come again soon!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Inside the hotel, things are great. The front desk staff is very friendly and cheerful, easily engaging in conversation. The lobby is big with plenty of seating areas. The rooms are still newish and done very nicely – this particular SpringHill Suite has a TV in both the sitting area and bedroom. I have been in others where they try to save a $100 and split the difference – so this was nice. The morning breakfast is standard stuff – waffles, cereal, scrambled eggs, etc. Outside the hotel is where things get a little shakey. I’m not sure I would wander around these city streets too long after dark, and other than the Carls Jr on the corner, it does not appear that anything is in easy walking distance, at night anyway (maybe the Courtyard across the street has a restaurant?). The hotel is close to several daytime attractions – the children’s museum, water park, river walk, etc. There is also a good ice cream parlor within a few blocks. A good choice for a hotel in downtown Pueblo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and all the great amenities we offer. There are many local restaurants within walking distance that are safe for our travelers. Please make sure to stop off at the front desk during you next stay so we can provided you with recommendations and directions. We hope to see you again soon.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my first time staying at any Springhill Suites, and I was very happy with the experience. After a long day on the road, the greeting by the wonderful front desk staff was much needed! The young lady was very cheerful, polite and did her job quickly. She marked a few dining choices within walking distance on a map, even though there apparently aren't any locally owned places known for their steaks close to the hotel. So, I chose Shamrock Brewery instead.
About the hotel itself: This is a relatively new hotel, and it shows. Everything about the hotel is clean and inviting. My room was great! I like that they provide plenty of places at the desk to plug in stuff that needs charging. The flat TVs worked great. The heating system was comfortable and held the temp where it was set. The bathroom was real nice. And, the bed was very comfortable. And, even though located real close to I-25, it was quiet in my room.
Breakfast the next morning was as good as I expected, and the area was kept nice and clean.
If I ever come pack to Pueblo, I will try to book my stay here. It is right off the I-25 at exit 98A, and across the street from the Pueblo Convention Center, and a block from Sangre de Christo Arts and Conference Center. There are several restaurants within easy walking distances, as is the Riverwalk.
Thanks for a great overnight stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and some of the great features of the hotel. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation and provided a home away from home. See you on your next visit!
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

From the minute I walked in the door I was greeted with a warm welcome and a smiling face. When the young lady noticed my cane, she gave me a suite close to the elevator. The room was wonderful; clean, quiet and a comfortable bed. Unfortunately I had to leave early on the mornings I was there so I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast. However, it smelled and looked delicious (I had to at least peek!). When I returned in the evenings it was usually quite late yet there was always someone at the desk to greet me with a smile. I would definitely recommend staying here and I know that I will again as well. I just hope that next time I have more time to enjoy the pool, the bar and the suite!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. Guests that leave with a smile on their face make our jobs worth it. My staff works very hard to make our guests feel comfortable and happy. Please come visit us again soon you can enjoy our breakfast.
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed for a week while on a course. The hotel is very nice, clean and the staff is very friendly. Nice pool and exercise area. The first room I had was quite noisey from the windstorm, they let me move to 322 which was great. It is sheltered from the wind and the Interstate and was very quiet. This room is a king suite which is ideal for business travel with the seperate desk/couch area. The only "complaint" is I thought the breakfast sausage and ham at the "free" breakfast didn't taste very good to me. (bacon would be nice)
I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: 322 is quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your weeks stay at the hotel. We hope to see you again!

Been to SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown? Share your experiences!