“Marriott nails it in Pueblo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 S. Santa Fe Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81003 (Formerly Cambria Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Murray, Utah
“Marriott nails it in Pueblo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the type of place you want to find after a hard day of traveling and work. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. This Sprighill has a full service bar and bistro on site. So a one stop shop for dining and lodging. Pool and workout facility is in great shape. Breakfast is also included in your rate so you can grab a bite before you hit the road. If you have to stay in Pueblo I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are so pleased to hear that your loved your stay and all that the hotel offers for our valued guests. My team works very hard to exceed all guest expectations and I will definitely share the positive feedback with them. We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Salina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a converted Cambria Suites to a Springhill Suites. Every associate we encountered was very nice and there to help. While the service is good the hotel lacks the attention to details. The hallway carpet doesn't get vacuumed or cleaned. The elevator landings are horrible with spotted stains all over. The bathroom needs major caulking as it's pretty bad. The location is good within walking distance to the sites downtown. Would I stay here again. I would probably try the Marriott across the street next time then decide from there.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 4th floor, very loud a/c units on the roof.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We strive to ensure our valued guests experience the best visits possible during their travels. Your comments help us improve our daily operations. Cleanliness is a huge priority, as well as keeping the hotel well maintained. It is actually part of our winter cleaning schedule to shampoo and recaulk all rooms. I can assure that during your next visit these items will be up to standard.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I asked for a refund last night at 1:30 a.m. We had two nice adjoinging rooms. At 1:30, FORTY to FIFTY people entered the rooms next door, cranked up some music, and began to scream and party. I called the front desk. She assured me she would take care of it. I then went downstairs. There were between ten and firteen people outside my room smoking and drinking - overflow from the room next door. There was one woman on duty and no security. She conceded that when she went upstairs to check, "They would not open the door." She assured me I would not have to call the cops because she would - the only security in this place. This did not happen. This morning I got no apology, no discount, no refund. The kids who had been running wild, unsupervised around the pool yesterday, along with their parents who'd been partying last night, were up for breafkfast at ten as I checked out. I stayed there last year when it was a Cambria Suites and it was great. For staff to concede that the place is dangerous and out of control, and for no manager to call me - what more can I say? Stay somewhere else in Pueblo, Colorado. Things can and do go wrong and, when they go wrong at Springlhill Suites, you're on your own. Just like the poor woman on the midnight shift.

Room Tip: The rooms are fine. It's the lack of sleep and total lack of security we experienced as a family...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize if your stay was not to your satisfaction. Your issue was documented and our records indicate that it was resolved within 12 minutes. Once the issue was defused we found no further issues or cause to get law enforcement involved. We also found no evidence of smoking in the hallways. The hotel is 100% non-smoking faculty and we take every precaution to make sure this policy is enforced. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you and your family.
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stopped at this hotel for one night on our way to Santa Fe, NM. Everything was new, clean, and sparkling. As already mentioned, the rooms are really large, and so are the beds. My husband and I slept in one, and my daughter in the other (forget the sofa bed). The bathroom even had a magnifying mirror (a detail I always look for). The fitness center was also clean and had ample equipment. And everything worked! The pool is indoor, but outside they have a huge patio with lots of tables, umbrellas, and even a large sofa (!). I swam in the pool and then sat outside in the sun. They also have tables and chairs to sit outside the lobby area during breakfast or in the evening. The neighborhood is pretty depressed, but the front desk clerk guided us to a great restaurant nearby. We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for the great compliment. We are pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of some of the wonderful amenities the hotel has to offer.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here for one night during a road trip & were so pleased with our stay! Check in was easy, & the rooms were very well appointed. My husband is Platinum Elite status, so they upgraded our room to a nice suite. Two beds, with a TV in one part. A separate area had a fold-out couch, coffee table, another TV, a fridge & microwave. It was a perfect set up for a family with children.

The bathroom was very clean & appointed in a modern fashion. Very much liked the square vessel sink!

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice room at a fair price. The location was nice too...our room looked out onto the "old town" buildings.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay especially as a loyal Marriott guest. Our team works very hard to keep up with Marriott’s exceptional standards. I will pass on to the staff to keep up the good work.
Clinton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My gal and I went for an overniter (college football game) without reservations and found this Marriott property very nice. A few little perks would have got it another star, though, i.e. no exhaust fan in bathroom, no mouth wash, no lotion. No big thing, you say, yet for a Marriott property you would have thought better. Was able to get the aforementioned items, albeit not the exhaust fan, at the front desk but why weren't they already in the room? Also, shower head was loose and got an unexpected dousing when I turned it on.

Now for the kudos...very upbeat decor starting with the lobby including the hallway and our room. Actually the curb appeal of the joint is worth mentioning, too. Great beds, decent shower (when tightened) and REAL coffee cups in the room. Suite area even had a wall mounted tv... refrig/micro wave. Right off I-25, yet no traffic noise. The free breakfast is one you don't want to miss, either.Catty corner was a high rise Marriot which seemed strange that 2 properties would occupy virtually the same space. The area of either Marriot has no eateries within sight. It will take a jaunt on I-25 if you are hungry. Would easily recommend this for an extended stay.

All in all, we'd do it again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased you enjoyed our quiet and comfortable rooms. Thank you for your comments. We have also taken your suggestions into consideration and made a few changes. We hope you see you again soon!
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been in the Marriott Rewards program for years. I'm very pleased they offer the Springhill Suites in their line of hotels. In my opinion, it beats a standard Marriott hands down. I really think all hotels should follow suit using the format of Springhill Suites. The rooms are so much larger than a standard room. It makes any stay much more enjoyable to have a separate living area. It's convenient to have a refrigerator & microwave. Families will surely benefit from the added space and amenities. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was good and highway noice was minimal. The only thing I would change is the makeup mirror location in the bathroom. It needs to be on the other side of the room for easier access when using it. Other than that, the hotel is great.

Room Tip: The have different sizes so make sure you have the bigger suite. We had Room 401 and it was great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We appreciate your review. I have shared your positive feedback with the staff. We are all so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. This makes all our efforts worth it!

Been to SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown? Share your experiences!