“Nice room and very pleasant staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

You added SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 S. Santa Fe Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81003 (Formerly Cambria Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver
“Nice room and very pleasant staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel when visiting Pueblo for the state fair. The room was nice. Beds were very comfortable. My youngest wanted to sleep on the pull out couch and said it was fine. The room was very clean. The bathroom had a makeup mirror in addition to the regular mirror. The lobby and breakfast area was well decorated and there was plenty of seating. The breakfast buffet had a variety of items from eggs to cereal. the hotel was well placed in a central downtown location.

We visit Pueblo annually for the state fair and have stayed at a few different hotels. Going forward this one will always be our first choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We are ecstatic to be your destination hotel in Pueblo. As you can imagine the Colorado State Fair is a great time for us. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a convenient hotel right off I-25, near downtown Pueblo, within walking distance to restaurants and the Riverwalk area, which had live music and paddle boats. The rooms are clean and spacious, with separate bed and living room/TV areas (which those with kids with 7 pm bedtimes will appreciate!). Breakfast was good, maybe a little above standard hotel options, with eggs, potatoes, sausage, hot waffles, cereal/breads, yogurt and some fresh fruit options. Pool area and spa were small, but okay. Fitness area looked good, but we didn't use it. We'd stay here again in Pueblo.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that face I-25. We didn't have one of them, but I wonder if highway noise w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CambriaPueblo, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments. We are pleased to hear that the hotel was able to accommodate you and your family. Breakfast is a great start to the day and we are glad you enjoyed it.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here recently with my husband and two kids ( both under age 11 ) --- in short - I'd say DO choose this hotel. The staff are friendly and responsive to requests - the rooms are large and have a nice layout - 2nd tv by sofa for kids to watch their own thing. The lobby is large, pretty, several places to sit and relax and there is a bar for cocktails in the evening.

Our room was always very clean though the bathroom fan never worked nor was flagged or repaired and the back of TV remote was missing its cover and that was never fixed nor replaced.

I do hate the Marriott chain's extreme dedication to the CFL bulbs - this is the 3rd in the chain I've stayed with recently where there can be barely enough light in the main bedroom to see anything. They need to offer bulb choices to their guests. With only a single bedside lamp in a nice, large bedroom - it's ridiculous to think that's enough light for anyone.

My biggest issues are: some used peanut shells stayed on the hallway carpet for 3 days straight - still there when we left .... And had they actually vacuumed the hall it wouldn't have been missed. The indoor pool was fun for my kids and a break from the heat but as a Mom, I noticed the pool deck trash that wasn't cleaned up for 3 days including a band-aid, and beer can. The outside pool patio is large and could be really nice if it were given any attention. The furniture there is new and comfy but left scattered about, turned over as though a party had been held.

It's my practice to try to alert the hotel staff and management to these items before I post my review, however, on our last morning, as we enjoyed the nice, large free-breakfast, I watched 2 hotel desk staff and a housekeeper stand at the front desk for over 30 minutes, sipping coffee and watching TV. I didn't want to interrupt their " free-time", so I did not alert them to these issues -- but I feel I shouldn't have to.

Overall, the location is great -- just off the highway but 2 short blocks from Riverwalk and it's a comfy stay - they need to simply step up the cleanliness review.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback as it helps us improve our daily operations. Cleanliness and keeping the hotel well maintained are2 major priorities. We strive to exceed every guest expectations and hope that during your next stay you will notice our improvements.
Arvada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

If you are staying in Pueblo and choose by Mariott points, choose here. Very nice, big, clean rooms. Right down town and close to everything ( in Pueblo ). Other than no food being served ( free breakfeast though), and the bar closed at 8pm, things are great. Front desk lady was VERY efficient and pretty darn funny.

Room Tip: Right on the Highway so choose a room on the west side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon!
Durants Neck, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Everything about this hotel was perfect. From the entrance into the main lobby, to the check at the front desk, the smooth sleek elevators and wallah, into the room. Absolutely wonderful. After having been on a road trip for over three weeks and staying at a different hotel almost every night this place by far the best. But what we can not figure out is - what the hell is it doing in Pueblo!
On entry, you see a bar area on the left, with a spacious bathroom immediately on the right. Across the room from the bar area, was a sitting area with a small couch and single chair, and a complete work station ready to connect your laptop - not only to the network, but WiFi is also available with added connections available to connect your laptop to the flat screen TV mounted on the wall in the sitting area.
Walking past the sitting area were two queen beds. The beds were really comfortable, and the pillows were just right, and plenty of them. The towels in the bathroom were bath sheet size, were fluffy and not hard and scratchy like so many hotel towels are.
Adjacent to the lobby was a full bar which has hours in the evenings. Breakfast in the morning was your typical breakfast fare found in hotel lobbies.

I will definitely stay here again.

This was just by chance as we had not intended to stay here, but in Colorado Springs and had to cancel that hotel because of Wildfires near our planned hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Phillip D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Values Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. We appreciate your business and we are happy that you had a great stay. It is our goal to provide excellent accomodations and wonderful customer service to all of our guests and I am happy to hear that you were no exception. Please call me directly if you need help with any future reservations.

Thanks again!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I generally am quite particular of the hotels I stay in. However, I'm not necessarily of the means to afford the highest end hotels where ever we go. That said, we were in Pueblo, CO last weekend for the NASA road racing event and needed hotel. For nearly the same price as most other hotels in the area we selected this one based off the review and photos. We were not disappointed.

First, the location is very central to downtown. We didn't spend any time downtown, but that's where it is! The staff were very nice and accomodating. The hotel is beautiful for it's price level. It has very contemporary finishes and design. A very large seating area in the lobby with fireplace and TV's. It also has a limited bar and snack counter in this area. The free breakfast was better than most of I've had for this level of hotel. They also have a mildly stocked sundry market.

As for the rooms - they are great! Again, very cool design and clever at EVERY juncture. The bathrooms have wall shelving and single raised vanity basin. Shower head had variable "speeds" and had great pressure and water temperature. Towels are nice (not scratchy and thin like some other hotels). We had a King room. Immediately when you enter there is a counter opposite the restroom that houses the coffee machine, mini-fridge, microwave, ice bucket, serving tray etc. On into the living room is a single sofa chair, ottoman, and love seat couch. There is also a flat screen TV (probably 22".. ish) on the wall of this area. The love seat couch also folds out for an additional bed. And the way this area is separated from the main sleeping area, it works very nicely to actually sleep 2 couples and still have a reasonable amount of privacy between the 2 areas. This area also has the business desk. This was it one of my favorite parts. The desk is right next to the TV in the living room and has a panel right next to it where you can plug in A/V equipment, cameras, computers, etc. to feed through the TV. It also has S-Video, HDMI and USB ports (with essentially gives you a 5V USB Charger). i thought this area was supremely clever over MUCH NICER (cough - four season - cough) hotels I've stayed in. This desk and the living both had lamps as well.

Going further in to the sleeping area is where they had the King bed. And first let me say, this was the MOST comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. Seriously... ever. Again, not to boast, but I've stayed a some really nice hotels/resorts and never have then been this comfortable. The pillows were also very conformable (and ample) and the comforter was thick ye breathable for great temperature controls - no feast of famine when it came to comfortable sleeping temp. The ONLY critique I would offer here is that the walking clearance between the AC unit and the far side of the bed was about 6" tops. Almost seems like an after though. The probably should have given that at least another 6" for proper clearance, but no big deal. The alarm clock is also an ipod/iphone charger, which again I found VERY clever and convenient. There is a small (but reasonable) sized closet with all the usual stuff (extra blankets/pillows, iron/board, luggage rack, hangers, etc.). There is another flat screen TV in this area (probably 37-40") on top of a medium to small chest of drawers. It was fine for us to unpack 2 people for only a 2 night stay, but any longer and you might have wanted more room for storage, but again, no big deal. There is also a long ottoman-like piece next to the chest of drawers that you can sit on and store shoes and other stuff under. The AC unit was very responsive and consistent. Not really loud, but not the most quiet one I've ever heard. But frankly I like them to be a little louder as a sleep aid. Our room looked over the back patio area with sun chairs and tables and we could just barely see the indoor swimming pool. The pool area looked very nice.

One of the only things (as a car guy) that I didn't like was the very limited parking. There is a dirt lot out front of the building that everyone was using, but it was muddy and very uneven in areas. Not a huge deal, but i would recommend paving this area if it's their property.

In summary, this is by far the best value of a hotel I have EVER had. For a total of $113 (tax and everything included), we had a hotel experience that far... FAR... exceeds this segment level of hotel. I'm not sure what their target is, but I'm sure they've exceeded it!

Can't wait to go somewhere next and stay in one of these hotels and I hope it's just as good as this one was.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Values Guest,

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to tell others about our hotel and the great amenities that we offer. I also want to thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites and we hope to see you again in the near future.

We appreciate your business and if you need any help making future reservations please call us at 719-546-1234.

Thank you again!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel was very nice, Hubby and I took notice of it as soon as we pulled up. The front desk clerk was very helpful and informed us that the City of Pueblo's Boats, Bands and BBQ festival was taking place and within walking distance (LOVED the festival...very charming and afforadable! Highly recommed).

Our room was very nice and large. We even had a semi-seperate seating area with its own TV. Great place for business travelers I would think because of the very "tech-y" desk area. It had many port holes for connecting to several different things.

Bathroom was clean and it even had a "seating" area in the shower. One thing I would change is the location of the towels. They are underneath the sink...why? This was annoying as a tall person, but bearable.

The bed and pillows were comfy. There has a clock radio that was IPhone docking friendly. I was disappointed by how long it took for the room to cool down. They keep the room tempatures very high... 78ish. Even after enjoying the festival for four hours the room had only gone down 2-3 degrees.

Another disappointment was breakfast. The pictures advertise several choices, but we did not get that experience. Plus, we never got a chance to make a waffel because of the poor selection the wait time was too long and they only have one machine.

Despite its drawbacks Hubby and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that your stay went well and that you plan to return to our hotel. I do apologize for the issues you did experience during that stay. I have asked maintenence to look at the A/C units in the rooms to ensure they are all working properly. I have also looked into our breakfast selection and we will be expanding our offerings in the future. It is our goal to provide excellent accomodations and wonderful service to all of our guests and we can't wait for your next stay with us.

Thank you again!

Director of Sales

Been to SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown? Share your experiences!