“Fantastic Hotel for great value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

You added SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 S. Santa Fe Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81003 (Formerly Cambria Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic Hotel for great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I generally am quite particular of the hotels I stay in. However, I'm not necessarily of the means to afford the highest end hotels where ever we go. That said, we were in Pueblo, CO last weekend for the NASA road racing event and needed hotel. For nearly the same price as most other hotels in the area we selected this one based off the review and photos. We were not disappointed.

First, the location is very central to downtown. We didn't spend any time downtown, but that's where it is! The staff were very nice and accomodating. The hotel is beautiful for it's price level. It has very contemporary finishes and design. A very large seating area in the lobby with fireplace and TV's. It also has a limited bar and snack counter in this area. The free breakfast was better than most of I've had for this level of hotel. They also have a mildly stocked sundry market.

As for the rooms - they are great! Again, very cool design and clever at EVERY juncture. The bathrooms have wall shelving and single raised vanity basin. Shower head had variable "speeds" and had great pressure and water temperature. Towels are nice (not scratchy and thin like some other hotels). We had a King room. Immediately when you enter there is a counter opposite the restroom that houses the coffee machine, mini-fridge, microwave, ice bucket, serving tray etc. On into the living room is a single sofa chair, ottoman, and love seat couch. There is also a flat screen TV (probably 22".. ish) on the wall of this area. The love seat couch also folds out for an additional bed. And the way this area is separated from the main sleeping area, it works very nicely to actually sleep 2 couples and still have a reasonable amount of privacy between the 2 areas. This area also has the business desk. This was it one of my favorite parts. The desk is right next to the TV in the living room and has a panel right next to it where you can plug in A/V equipment, cameras, computers, etc. to feed through the TV. It also has S-Video, HDMI and USB ports (with essentially gives you a 5V USB Charger). i thought this area was supremely clever over MUCH NICER (cough - four season - cough) hotels I've stayed in. This desk and the living both had lamps as well.

Going further in to the sleeping area is where they had the King bed. And first let me say, this was the MOST comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. Seriously... ever. Again, not to boast, but I've stayed a some really nice hotels/resorts and never have then been this comfortable. The pillows were also very conformable (and ample) and the comforter was thick ye breathable for great temperature controls - no feast of famine when it came to comfortable sleeping temp. The ONLY critique I would offer here is that the walking clearance between the AC unit and the far side of the bed was about 6" tops. Almost seems like an after though. The probably should have given that at least another 6" for proper clearance, but no big deal. The alarm clock is also an ipod/iphone charger, which again I found VERY clever and convenient. There is a small (but reasonable) sized closet with all the usual stuff (extra blankets/pillows, iron/board, luggage rack, hangers, etc.). There is another flat screen TV in this area (probably 37-40") on top of a medium to small chest of drawers. It was fine for us to unpack 2 people for only a 2 night stay, but any longer and you might have wanted more room for storage, but again, no big deal. There is also a long ottoman-like piece next to the chest of drawers that you can sit on and store shoes and other stuff under. The AC unit was very responsive and consistent. Not really loud, but not the most quiet one I've ever heard. But frankly I like them to be a little louder as a sleep aid. Our room looked over the back patio area with sun chairs and tables and we could just barely see the indoor swimming pool. The pool area looked very nice.

One of the only things (as a car guy) that I didn't like was the very limited parking. There is a dirt lot out front of the building that everyone was using, but it was muddy and very uneven in areas. Not a huge deal, but i would recommend paving this area if it's their property.

In summary, this is by far the best value of a hotel I have EVER had. For a total of $113 (tax and everything included), we had a hotel experience that far... FAR... exceeds this segment level of hotel. I'm not sure what their target is, but I'm sure they've exceeded it!

Can't wait to go somewhere next and stay in one of these hotels and I hope it's just as good as this one was.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Phillip D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Values Guest,

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to tell others about our hotel and the great amenities that we offer. I also want to thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites and we hope to see you again in the near future.

We appreciate your business and if you need any help making future reservations please call us at 719-546-1234.

Thank you again!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel was very nice, Hubby and I took notice of it as soon as we pulled up. The front desk clerk was very helpful and informed us that the City of Pueblo's Boats, Bands and BBQ festival was taking place and within walking distance (LOVED the festival...very charming and afforadable! Highly recommed).

Our room was very nice and large. We even had a semi-seperate seating area with its own TV. Great place for business travelers I would think because of the very "tech-y" desk area. It had many port holes for connecting to several different things.

Bathroom was clean and it even had a "seating" area in the shower. One thing I would change is the location of the towels. They are underneath the sink...why? This was annoying as a tall person, but bearable.

The bed and pillows were comfy. There has a clock radio that was IPhone docking friendly. I was disappointed by how long it took for the room to cool down. They keep the room tempatures very high... 78ish. Even after enjoying the festival for four hours the room had only gone down 2-3 degrees.

Another disappointment was breakfast. The pictures advertise several choices, but we did not get that experience. Plus, we never got a chance to make a waffel because of the poor selection the wait time was too long and they only have one machine.

Despite its drawbacks Hubby and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that your stay went well and that you plan to return to our hotel. I do apologize for the issues you did experience during that stay. I have asked maintenence to look at the A/C units in the rooms to ensure they are all working properly. I have also looked into our breakfast selection and we will be expanding our offerings in the future. It is our goal to provide excellent accomodations and wonderful service to all of our guests and we can't wait for your next stay with us.

Thank you again!

Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very good hotel. Some ongoing parking lot renovations but otherwise up to the Marriott standard. In an area with older commercial buildings, however, your vehicle safety is assured as the Pueblo Police Station is nearby.
Pool was unfortunately EXTREMELY cold. Had to call front desk as room did not include the needed towels for a family of four. Last complaint is that the juice machine was malfunctioning and dispensing very weak juice; the breakfast attendant checked it and said it was fine...yeah, right!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the uncomfortable pool temperature and I have discussed this with my maintenance staff to ensure it stays at the appropriate levels. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay with us. Please contact us directly at 719-546-1234 for help with your next reservation.

Thanks again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Very much like an Embassy Suites, the room was spacious even for the four of us although the mattress on the sleeper sofa was very uncomfortable. Housekeeping was satisfactory except that they couldn't count. Four towels and wash cloths would be used and on the floor, yet they would only leave two clean ones in their place. So twice we had to request additional towels. Breakfast was free but microwave fare consisting of overcooked eggs and frozen meats, select pastries, and a few fruits thrown in for good measure. Plus a self serve waffle maker. The staff were friendly and helpful as were most of the other guests that weekend. Overall, I was pleased with our stay and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: The hotel sits adjacent to the interstate and that may be a problem - we were on the front and our r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay with us. If you need help with any future reservations please call us at 719-546-1234.

Thanks again!

Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel May 18-21 for a PBR event. The room was beautiful and the front desk staff helpful and friendly. The room was very spacious, with plenty of room for the four of us. The only complaints I have are that, even though there were four of us, for some strange reason the maid would only leave one washcloth. I had to ask the front desk both days for extra washcloths. The only other issue was breakfast, with the eggs being very hard. They were supposed to be scrambled but tasted and felt more like hard boiled. The waffles were great and the other continental items good, just the eggs were strange.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again due to the rooms and staff.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate the great comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Windsor, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. Now that the hotel is a Marriott Springhill Suites, breakfast does not cost extra. The hot breakfast was what I would expect from a hotel of this class. The staff were more than accommodating (even lending a wrench to allow me to make a repair to my wheelchair lift on my van). The biggest problem was that my accessible room was given away. I did not make my own reservation, but an accessible room was requested. Shortly after the reservation was made, I confirmed that I needed an accessible room with a roll-in shower. Upon arrival, the room was not available. The hotel, however, did get me into another accessible room (albeit without the roll-in shower), and for my short stay, this was doable. On most trips, I would have had to change hotels.

My room was very quiet and comfortable. A colleague at a hotel across the street was awakened by a windstorm. We soundly slept through it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments. This helps us improve as a hotel. We are pleased to hear you had a restful night’s sleep. Hope to see you again soon.
Southern USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Nice hotel, our king room had seperate sitting area with sofa, chair & TV. We had plenty of room to relax and enjoy our stay. The staff were extremely pleasant and accomodating. They were right on with directions and answers to our questions about the area. Breakfast was good and the serving area was large and bright, more like a restaurant than the typical small breakfast room in most hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for the street side rather than I-25 side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and all that our hotel has to offer. We strive to exceed guest expectations on a daily basis. I am pleased to know the staff is doing a great job.

Been to SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown? Share your experiences!